State Visit from Peru: July 7 - 8, 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lula

Imperial Majesty
Country
Spain
Pity there is not one event of the couple visiting anywhere with the Spanish King and Queen.

Only official welcome , gala diner and farewell receprion what kind visit is that?

Pity its such a short visit,but hopefully we'll have a tiara gala at the Palacio Real!

The queen looks lovely in that white summer outfit. I'm looking forward for tonight. But it is rare that the visit is so short and there are so few royal engagements.

It's too plain...she needed some accessories with that dress. Better if she'd worn some color.

LaRae

Letizia and the first lady look lovely and appropriate in their outfits, but I'm having a hard time looking at the gents dark suits and ties. We have had more than 40º celsius in Madrid today :eek:

^Indeed!
I mean we get the heat straight from the sahara this year :hotwater:

:previous: Wow, what a dress! She looks amazing!
I can even forgive the floral tiara (again :sleep:) because it matches the dress perfectly. Well played, Leti :w00t:

Oh wow indeed! Now that is a fantastic looking dress and I can't wait for more pictures!! We are so used to slim style dresses and this one looks very full!

Sorry but she drowns in that gown though the colour is lovely and the tiara is a nice choice.

Did the President not get the dressed memo.

Yeah, the day suit on the President is quite strange, more so when he's wearing his order :ermm:

The mismatch between the President and his spouse is interesting. Letizia looked nice.

Love Letiza's dress....not so crazy about the gold dress on the president's wife.

LaRae

There were some weird wardrobe choices tonight... like vice-president Soraya Saez de Santamaría, for example :whistling:
http://i2.wp.com/www.semana.es/wp-c...aya.jpg?w=640&crop=0px,0px,640px,960px&zoom=1

As a curiosity, Semana tells us the dinner was in charge of El Celler de Can Roca, which has been named this year (for the second time) the best restaurant in the world. The chef, Joan Roca, was at the Palace's kitchens. He's quite a very well-known face for the average Spaniards, btw, as many other colleagues, mainly because there is quite a boom of cooking talent shows on TV such as Masterchef that have show high cuisine to all us and have made our most succesful chefs like the Roca brothers true national celebrities ;)

The menu was gazpacho with ice-cream, mousse and olives; mackerel with pickles, eggs and sea bass and a dessert called "Suspiro limeño" (Lima's sight) that I guess was created in honour to the visiting country by El Celler de Can Roca's confectioner, Jordi Roca, also one of the very best in the worls. I've seen him a lot of times as guest on Masterchef and his desserts are real artworks :wub: Like this one, that seems just to beautiful to be eaten.

She looks lovely

It's too plain...she needed some accessories with that dress. Better if she'd worn some color.

LaRae

I loved Queen Letizia's classic style. She will never look like a candelabra. Her style is classy and shows her confidence as a strong, elegant woman.

I loved Queen Letizia's classic style. She will never look like a candelabra. Her style is classy and shows her confidence as a strong, elegant woman.

The white dress needed some accessories..it was just too plain.

LaRae

:previous: Wow, what a dress! She looks amazing!
I can even forgive the floral tiara (again :sleep:) because it matches the dress perfectly. Well played, Leti :w00t:
Now this is the gown for a Queen!!!!:flowers:

Back
Top Bottom