State Visit from Peru: July 7 - 8, 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
You know, I think someone should just take this picture, or this one, photoshop there the Order of Charles III instead of the Peru Order and voilà, there you have the missing Gala official portrait :D

I can't honestly think on any posed photography that would look better, with the super regal deep blue dress standing out over the magnificent golden/red setting.

Was there any reason why the President of Peru didn't wear white tie at last nights gala?

Was there any reason why the President of Peru didn't wear white tie at last nights gala?

He leads a left wing political party. Maybe wearing white tie does not fit in his worldview.

Queen Letizia looked gorgeous in that dress, especially with the colour of the Peruvian sash! The sash was much too wide for her slight frame, but that is nothing she can help. You don't argue about the width of a sash when you are offered an order:whistling:.

If my count is correct, this is already the 3rd incoming State Visit from a South American country. Due to the close relationship between Spain and South America I expect that we'll see more SVs from that region in the near future.
I don't think that it is the first time that a staunch Republican refuses to wear white tie. But I'm not sure if the president of Peru did it for this reason.

It's the fourth State Visit from Latin America, including King Juan Carlos last state visit from Mexico. The four countries (Mexico, Chile, Colombia and Peru) make up the Pacific Alliance. While I'm sure we'll see a lot of state visits to and from Latin America due to political, business and cultural relations perhaps for the next months we'll see visits from a different continent after finishing with the Pacific Alliance.

Thank you AnaC. I didn't think about the Pacific Alliance but counted the State Visits since the accession of King Felipe.

[...]
I don't think that it is the first time that a staunch Republican refuses to wear white tie. But I'm not sure if the president of Peru did it for this reason.

I fail to see what republicanism has to do with white-tie as dresscode. As the perfect republican presidents of Iceland, Finland, Portugal, Italy, Austria, the United States, etc. showed, being a republican and wear white tie goes well.

:flowers:

The First Lady was nicely dressed, I must say. Letizia was way too simple. Form a distance it looks like a black underdress.

Back to the stick figure. The dress has nothing to make it appealing.

Very elegant dress and gorgeous earrings.

Love the little black dress...but it's begging for some accessories other than earrings.

LaRae

I think Letizia is wearing her diamond bracelet tonight.

A nice necklace would of added to the look.

LaRae

I fail to see what republicanism has to do with white-tie as dresscode. As the perfect republican presidents of Iceland, Finland, Portugal, Italy, Austria, the United States, etc. showed, being a republican and wear white tie goes well.

:flowers:
I agree with you. What is the relationship between republicans and wearing the most formal male attire???

Back
Top Bottom