State Visit from Mexico to Spain: June 11-13, 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I really like princess Letizia, but THIS GALA DRESS IS A CRIME, FOR GOD SAKE WHAT WAS SHE THINKING???.

At the lunch was beautiful, I like everything.

Last edited:
I think Letizia's gown is fine, why does it look cheap? How do you judge these things from a picture? Her hair does not become her. She is thin, but that is who she is. I love Sofia, but hate her gown this time. She is usually more elegant.

Dress was a crime, older than her age, very thin, older and haggard, extreme thiness, plain and uncomfortable, hair is hideous, housewife, mid forties, frustated, bored, unhealthy and unhappy, rarely smiles. After all that what is left to say. I have nothing to say that is not nice, so I guess all you have spoken on what you feel is so wrong with this beautiful young woman. It never fails to amaze me how you can tear someone apart on almost every outfit she wears.

Last edited:
I like Sofia's pretty floral dress. I like Letizia's dress from the top up but I don't like the skirt part of it.

Dress was a crime, older than her age, very thin, older and haggard, extreme thiness, plain and uncomfortable, hair is hideous, housewife, mid forties, frustated, bored, unhealthy and unhappy, rarely smiles. After all that what is left to say. I have nothing to say that is not nice, so I guess all you have spoken on what you feel is so wrong with this beautiful young woman. It never fails to amaze me how you can tear someone apart on almost every outfit she wears.

Excellently said, Dee. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, of course, but to start ripping people apart based on ONE outfit is beyond me. That being said I thought she has worn better but I still find her to be beautiful.

BTW, I hope that all goes well with you:flowers::flowers::flowers:

Excellently said, Dee. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, of course, but to start ripping people apart based on ONE outfit is beyond me. That being said I thought she has worn better but I still find her to be beautiful.

BTW, I hope that all goes well with you:flowers::flowers::flowers:

Thank you so very much for your kind wishes. I am praying that it will now be over with for me. If not I still have tons of faith eventually things will settle down and be OK.:wub::flowers:

Lovely photo:
Getty Images
I think that the princess looks beautiful. If she likes the dress she wears and feels comfortable in it, I have no reason to complain. The princes look very much in love and very happy and are doing a very good job. That´s the reason why I like them, not because of their outfits.

I agree with you LadyFinn!!, The more I see pictures of them the more I think they were defenitely meant to be together. :wub::wub: they are so in love! :in_love: that is a beautiful pic! :wub:
Apparently everyone hates the dress, I think she looked great I love pink! :) and I loved the hair too!

Lovely photo:
Getty Images
I think that the princess looks beautiful. If she likes the dress she wears and feels comfortable in it, I have no reason to complain. The princes look very much in love and very happy and are doing a very good job. That´s the reason why I like them, not because of their outfits.

I couldn't agree more, What really matters is that they are very much in love, I like Princess Letizia is my favorite royal and yes, her dresses doesn't care, She is a beautiful and hard working princess.

But sometimes she must take advantage about her figure, She has an amazing body, and she wants to hide it, but whatever if she likes to be like that it is fine for me, but this dress seems like a punishment for her, it is HORRIBLE, but I repeat, her dress is the big problem not her, She is a wonderful princess.;)

The two royal ladies look just fine. Letizia looks lovely and the red dress is perfectly fine. Sofia's outfit has lots of frills but she manage to look fine too. The two ladies manage very well to look gala dressed without totally overshadowing the presidents wife.

I couldn't agree more!
During those galas at the Palace, Letizia usually looks plain and unconfortable...

I don't see her looking uncomfortable, just low key, kind of staying at the background since the Kings were the hosts of the galas. She obviously knows her place in Zarzuela. When the Princes were hosting the Portuguese President and his wife, or when they visited the former Mexican President Fox in 2004, she was very comfortable with them.
The top was OK, the skirt was badly made.

Wow, I love Letizia's outfit, it looks lovely, especially the top. Very unique! Everyone looks lovely.

Letizia looks like a housewife, mid fourties, frustrated.
This outfit is worst 80ies style, Dallas or Dynasty come to my mind, didn't Sue Ellen have such a hairdo? It looks hideous with the tiara! I can't believe that there is a designer who has the nerve to offer such an outfit for a State Visit - did he find it in his mother's long forgotten wardrobe?
I am waiting for the day Felipe is able to buy his wife a proper gala dress instead of embarrassing her with such cheap looking combos.

Queen Sofia looks classy as usual.

Getty's got some more pics.
Getty Images - Unsupported browser detected#
I agree with you. I think Letizia is an intelligent woman, surely astute, but she seems always to be out of place.

Letizia in a Máxima-color.. I see. Well, I think the dress is nice. It doesn't belong to the best-off list of Letizia's dresses, but still it's a good choice.

Her hairdo , on the other hand, doesn't do much for her. I don't like the way she wore her hair with the Tiara.
The hairdo made her look old.
Especially in this picture: Galerías de imágenes

The positive thing abou this dress is that makes her look fuller and with a lit bit of weigh! Otherwise it is an awful dress in my opinion.

i really like the top beaded part of the dress but im not a huge fan of the skirt part and the way it appears to have a crinkle effect but im not a huge fan of the Queen;'s dress as well as its abit too fussy

actually i like Letizia's hair in currls and its nice to see her with the wedding tiara again she hasnt worn it since Oct 2007

Is that a safety pin I see in the fourth picture? (on the yellow band or whatever its called)

it's called a sash:flowers: and it certainly looks like one:eek: i didn't notice for looking at the vein popping out on her right arm

the queen looks lovely (except for the ruffly stuff at the bottem) i love her dress and mexicos first lady looks beautiful, is that a spanish order she's wearing? very cool. letizias dress is kinda 80's but i love the color and she looks pretty, the hair i'm not so fond of, big dress...big hair, she could be a Texan LOL

i really liked the black and white slacks outfit, classic and modern.

thank you for all the links:flowers:

As I am mexican, I hate this visit because Calderon, really, he is in Spain for give more oil, due to the strike that exists there. This rumors are in Mexico. Calderon is a not pleasing person for me, is a president that he comes to the power thanks to the fraud, and now he gives airs of greatness.
:ohmy:

More pics of Queen Sofia and Mexican President Felipe Calderon's wife Margarita Zavala at the Prado museum today.
Bulls Press

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom