State Visit from Italy: November 16-17, 2021

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The table was beautiful today. Watch the minute 23m 11

We have reassembled the long table in the gala dining room; the last dinners in the royal palace were in the hall of Columns with this same long one, separated into round tables.

Two livestreams for tomorrow:

(..)

The table is exquisitely arranged

The black color for a dress, especially at night, is a symbol of elegance in Spain. Since Felipe II that color meant majesty ... and today it is still considered the most elegant color for the night, and especially considering that it wears more jewels than those normally used. The queen was spectacular.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, and Windsor they tend to erect a tropical rainforest on the table and -shudder- lampshades on the candelabras.

But there is really a middle way and a State Banquet is not about a family diner but about prestige, history, etc.

Stockholm

Amsterdam

Madrid

The photo you have used of Madrid is not of a gala dinner. It is easy to differentiate it by the use of silver and gilt silver cutlery and glassware.

https://www.telemadrid.es/programas...te-Italiano-2-2396780367--20211116084727.html

Gala dinner 2017

https://www.abc.es/espana/abci-tabl...53510290-20170225021852_galeria.html#imagen12

I thought the Sash of Isabel la Catolica was light blue and not yellow.

I thought the Sash of Isabel la Catolica was light blue and not yellow.

The sash of Charles III is ligh blue with white stripes (similar to the colors of the Argentinean flag). The sash of Isabella the Catholic is yellow with white stripes.

Does the Spanish Court ever release whats on the Menu for the State Banquet?

I see that Queen Letizia insists on seafood not only on her daughters' school menu!

Queen Sofia has not eaten meat for decades, so fish has been very present in state dinners for a long time.

Queen Sofia has not eaten meat for decades, so fish has been very present in state dinners for a long time.

I don't think the guests complain often!

I see that Queen Letizia insists on seafood not only on her daughters' school menu!

It is not unusual to eat a lot of seafood in southern Europe.

It is not unusual to eat a lot of seafood in southern Europe.

It was a joke referring to reports in gossip magazines that parents at Leonor and Sofia's school complained about demands made by Letizia about healthy choices in the school menu.

It was a joke referring to reports in gossip magazines that parents at Leonor and Sofia's school complained about demands made by Letizia about healthy choices in the school menu.

I am sorry, I so did not get the joke!

Here's a video from Málaga this evening.

Here’s another video of today’s event:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom