State Visit from France to Spain: April 27-29, 2009

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I think it is mentioned 3 postings above, unless that was a dinner on a different night:flowers:
Carla Bruni is very beautiful, and looks like she is enjoying her visit. She wore a sash to the gala dinner on the first night. What order is this? Was this just given to her in honor of this visit?

What a great visit it was!!!!!!!

All the ladies were great and each country cn be pround to be represented by them!!

Hope one day, the crown prince couple will pay a visit in France!

The day Carla met her match...How Spain's Princess upstaged the French First Lady | Mail Online

DM continues their coverage - for some reason they feel the need to bash Carla, kind of an anti-climax to when she ruled the tabloids during the State Visit to Britain last year.

My guess is that the author didn't even know who Princess Letizia was a few days ago and still wouldn't know if Carla hadn't travelled to Spain. Had she travelled to another country, someone else would have upstaged her (sorry but Sarah Brown obviously couldn't).

I do share the author's opinion on Letizia's face, she's turning into a Barbie doll:
Serene, intelligent and open. She reportedly had plastic surgery last year to eradicate wrinkles and fix her nose and chin, which accounts for the bland Barbie-ness of her features.

I do share the author's opinion on Letizia's face, she's turning into a Barbie doll:
Serene, intelligent and open. She reportedly had plastic surgery last year to eradicate wrinkles and fix her nose and chin, which accounts for the bland Barbie-ness of her features.
That's also the only part of the article I agreed with.
I can't for the life of me see that rounded bottom on Letizia's rakish frame. She is floating in her bandage dress while Carla is filling out her own outfit quite pleasantly and definitely has more curves than Letizia.

The day Carla met her match...How Spain's Princess upstaged the French First Lady | Mail Online

DM continues their coverage - for some reason they feel the need to bash Carla, kind of an anti-climax to when she ruled the tabloids during the State Visit to Britain last year.

My guess is that the author didn't even know who Princess Letizia was a few days ago and still wouldn't know if Carla hadn't travelled to Spain. Had she travelled to another country, someone else would have upstaged her (sorry but Sarah Brown obviously couldn't).

Thanks for that little reminder as to why I wouldn't touch the Mail with a bargepole. Accurate reporting has never been of their concern.

There's absolutely no evidence she had anything other than her nose done but then I guess it's a bit much expecting the Daily Mail to check their facts.

Please, remember that this Thread is dedicated to the French State Visit, do not become this into a war between Mrs. Carla Bruni and The Princess of Asturias and, or Princess Letizia surgery.

Future post will be deleted.

Vanitatis.com - El Rey impone el protocolo a Bruni

That's an interesting comment about the "Brunimanía" :)lol:that's how the author calls it) that the visit of the President of France and his wife has provoked in the highest spheres of political and economical power in Spain.
Besides his opinion about the matter, he tells that Carla Bruni had showed an special interest in having a private meeting with Princess Letizia. But it didn't happen and it is not going to happen. Because King Juan Carlos said no. His reason was that the natural interlocutor for the wife of the President of France is Queen Sofía, not Princess Letizia. And as this is not a private visit but an official one, protocol must be followed.

Photos:
Abacausa
Abacausa
Abacausa
It looks that princess Letizia works a lot a the gym, looking at her muscles at some photos.

I read from somewhere, that mrs. Bruni-Sarkozy was a lot late of the appointment with Queen Sofia at the Museum. Is this true?

Half an hour.
She accompanied the President to the Congress (it wasn't previously scheduled) and that's why she arrived thirty minutes later to her appointment with Queen Sofía at the Museum. This is what Vanitatis says, I don't know if it is true.

Photos:
Abacausa
Abacausa
Abacausa
It looks that princess Letizia works a lot a the gym, looking at her muscles at some photos.

I read from somewhere, that mrs. Bruni-Sarkozy was a lot late of the appointment with Queen Sofia at the Museum. Is this true?

Yes. This was because, prior of the musuem visit with the Queen, Mrs. Sarkozy visited with her husban the Spanish Parliament, and the President's speech was a bit longer.

Vanitatis.com - El Rey impone el protocolo a Bruni

That's an interesting comment about the "Brunimanía" :)lol:that's how the author calls it) that the visit of the President of France and his wife has provoked in the highest spheres of political and economical power in Spain.
Besides his opinion about the matter, he tells that Carla Bruni had showed an special interest in having a private meeting with Princess Letizia. But it didn't happen and it is not going to happen. Because King Juan Carlos said no. His reason was that the natural interlocutor for the wife of the President of France is Queen Sofía, not Princess Letizia. And as this is not a private visit but an official one, protocol must be followed.

But why she wanted to see Pcss Letizia in private????

But why she wanted to see Pcss Letizia in private????

I really don't know. Perhaps she is interested in her personality or admires her very much. Who knows?

It sounded like the Mail was expecting the ladies to begin a catfight right there. Why do we need such drama??

You'd expect both ladies to be looking their best, and it's nothing to do with a contest.

That's absolutely right! Both Letizia AND Carla are ALWAYS chic and perfectly dressed. What was expecting the journalist ? that on this occasion they appeared dressed in dirty trash???

thank you for all photos and videos.
i wonder IPA photos of this visit especially gala have been sent here or not.

i find all the rumours about some "rivalry" between carla and letizia just hilarious. i think it's just nice to see letizia or carla meeting other international personalities. they are both young, stylish with interesting stories. it's just normal that the press likes to talk about them and about them meeting each other. however, i can't understand where all the rumours of rivalry come from. i'm sure none of them felt daunted by the other. neither letizia nor carla behaved differently this time either.

i find it unsurprising carla wanted to meet letizia in particular. they are, after all, much closer in age than her and the queen, although it wouldn't be protocolar to make her meet letizia when her equal is sofia.

regarding carla's delay, i don't think we can blame it on her. it was nicolas' speech who took longer and i'm sure the queen understood that.

were there any pictures about mrs sarkozy's third day in spain?

yes, I thought the same thing when I saw a picture of her shaking hands, she has very good upper arm muscle tone (the picture is not in this posting) but her back looks strange to me in image 7 of 17, last link.

Photos:
Abacausa
Abacausa
Abacausa

I really don't know. Perhaps she is interested in her personality or admires her very much. Who knows?

I remember reading one article where Carla wondered why Letizia chose to stop working as a journalist when she married Felipe and said she felt "disappointed" that Letizia chose to end such a good career. She went on to say that she'd like to talk to Letizia over that (in a friendly manner of course, maybe just to learn why) if they meet, and apparently that didn't happen with this state visit, as Vanitatis says in their article.

Last edited:
It sounded like the Mail was expecting the ladies to begin a catfight right there. Why do we need such drama??

You'd expect both ladies to be looking their best, and it's nothing to do with a contest.

I agree. The Queen, the Princess and Ms. Carla Bruni were all very elegant and stylish, each in her own way. The drama? Yes, unfortunately nowadays some media feels they need to create situations in order to sell.

Paris-Match front page : the royal Carla...
I don't know if the King of Spain is happy that 2 consorts stole the show. It was an official Visit from France to Spain, and not a rivalry match.
If the two Infantas were there at the gala evening , It would have been different.
I am sure His Majesty will keep this in mind !

When the President of France visited Great Britain , the Queen wore also durinf the gala evening the red sash of la Legion d' Honneur and was wearing also a tiara with rubies.
There was no match between Carla and Camilla !

Paris-Match front page : the royal Carla...
I don't know if the King of Spain is happy that 2 consorts stole the show. It was an official Visit from France to Spain, and not a rivalry match.
If the two Infantas were there at the gala evening , It would have been different.
I am sure His Majesty will keep this in mind !

He wasn't happy, but not only this, the French couple let Hola's cameras do exclusive pictures of them inside El Pardo before the gala dinner. El Pardo is not like a hotel in New York where they had Hello cameras followed them exclusively, what would the Queen of England feel if these two were doing the same inside Buckingham Palace if they were allowed to stay there ?

what would the Queen of England feel if these two were doing the same inside Buckingham Palace if they were allowed to stay there ?

In fact The sarkozy couple let a Paris Match photographer to make pictures of them inside their suite at Windsor Castle....

When the President of France visited Great Britain , the Queen wore also durinf the gala evening the red sash of la Legion d' Honneur and was wearing also a tiara with rubies.
There was no match between Carla and Camilla !

Well I think that was pretty understandable. Carla and Letizia were like in the same age bracket compared to Camilla and Carla. I think the reason why Carla requested for a private meeting with Letizia was that she was simply intrigued by her personality. Who knows maybe after this visit we see Carla and Letizia together. Is there a scheduled visit of the CP couple to France? Maybe we'll see these two together.;)

Back
Top Bottom