State Visit from France to Spain: April 27-29, 2009

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
all the British papers today were saying how Letizia outshone Carla! It was great to see the Spanish Royal Family in the British Press.

what's with the safety pin on Letizia's evening gown to hold the sash in place?!

They are very similar, Letizia and Carla! They ahve very similar shape bodys and we can see that in those pictures taken behind! I think that Letizia could have accompain the visit to the museum, I think it would have been nice for Carla to have one more person around her and the conversation would be different!

Juan Carlos didn't look too thrilled about the media circus of Carla meeting Letizia that really took away the real importance of this state visit. A quieter 2nd day would work better for him :cool:.

I think they both exude class, elegance, proper demeanor, intelligence, grace..and all the rest. This has to be one of the most glamorous of state visits I have seen in a long time..

It was great to see the coverage in todays British papers of Letizia and Carla

And Letizia is wearing the safety pin yet one more time, honestly.:bang:

The Queen looks good in red, her dress and jewelry were stunning but of course she's the Queen, a lady of other generation and always on her very own style, and for Letizia I didn't like it, sorry, she's looking better lately but that dress is ugly IMO and has something weird on her behind, she tried to hard and the result was really really busy between the train, the tiara with that loose hair, orders, blasons, glitters, jewelry, makeup, you name it and of course those ugly shoes.

RaniaRocks, no need to be sorry. Everyone is entitled to his/her own opinion.

Pictures from the visit to El Prado:
Galerías de imágenes
No comments on Carla Bruni's rather revealing dress (pictures 10 and 11). There would have been many criticisms if Letizia wore such a dress.

Yes, the dress was too revealing for me to be classy and elegant. From some of the photos I get the feeling that king Juan Carlos wasn´t very happy about the media fuss around Carla and Letizia.

Doppelt schön: Carla Bruni und Prinzessin Letizia als Mode-Klone - WELT ONLINE
Fashion face-off: Carla Bruni vs. Princess Letizia | AccessAtlanta

I wish more royals would wear such bland clothes with tacky strings like Carla Bruni and have such boringly un-messy hair, its really a bore to see such a well presented first lady:whistling:
Wearing a dress with a drawstring that looks like a piece of frayed rope on a state visit is very tacky, imo. And the hair was pretty bouffant.....

Wearing a dress with a drawstring that looks like a piece of frayed rope on a state visit is very tacky, imo. And the hair was pretty bouffant.....
What's tacky about a simple but very elegant dress? And what's bouffant about this updo hairdo?

I think all ladies looked nice, but none of them looked spectacular. I don't get this whole "fashion-competition" thing. It's a stupid thing created by the media.

[/QUOTE]
Yes, the dress was too revealing

At least she can afford it....so why not for the pleasure of our eyes? :ROFLMAO:

Wearing a dress with a drawstring that looks like a piece of frayed rope on a state visit is very tacky

Bit jealous perhaps? ;):ROFLMAO:

And the hair was pretty bouffant.....

Really?What a crime! :lol:

From some of the photos I get the feeling that king Juan Carlos wasn´t very happy about the media fuss around Carla and Letizia.

Doppelt schön: Carla Bruni und Prinzessin Letizia als Mode-Klone - WELT ONLINE
Fashion face-off: Carla Bruni vs. Princess Letizia | AccessAtlanta

He is probably thinking that the importance of the visit has been eclipsed by the media fuss aoung Carla and Letizia. I don't blame him if he is not too happy about it.

What's tacky about a simple but very elegant dress? And what's bouffant about this updo hairdo?
I was refering to the blue dress she wore yesterday and the accompanying hairdo. It seems you misunderstood my previous post and seeing as I've already explained my view, I'm not going to bother doing so again.

Nico said:
Bit jealous perhaps? ;):ROFLMAO:
Nope, but I do think it reveals a lot about an individual when their only method of countering an argument is to scream "jealousy". It reminds me of being in high school.....

Nope, but I do think it reveals a lot about an individual when their only method of countering an argument is to scream "jealousy". It reminds me of being in high school.....

It's a joke dear!:flowers:

the white drawstring top is in fact separate to the dress, I saw it in the shops this weekend by coincidence and it is by Azzedine Alaia. It was not very nice on the hangar and cheap looking considering how expensive his stuff his, however somehow Carla carried it off. Interesting how the other first ladies started wearing Alaia to public functions since Michelle Obama wore his black dress in France recently and also his black belt that she wears all the time on top of her various outfits.

Can someone please post a photo of the "safety pin" as I haven´t seen it and can´t find any photo showing it.

question

Excuse me if this has been asked and answered before. If so let me know where and I can read it.

Why is Letizia's sash blue and the rest of the Spainsish royals wore a red one?

Excuse me if this has been asked and answered before. If so let me know where and I can read it.

Why is Letizia's sash blue and the rest of the Spainsish royals wore a red one?

The king, Queen and Prince Felipe are wearing the order of the Légion d'Honneur and the Princess the order of the National Merit

More info: www.legiondhonneur.fr ( in frech, but you can see the diferents orders)

Last edited:
I'm happy the French couple graced their excellencies with this formal visit. Indeed all the many attires and ensembles were beautifully looking. I so enjoy all these pictures of the different occasions and events. I especially liked when Queen Sofia and Carla went to see a museum. I thought they both dressed attractively. It can be addicting and time consuming to follow all that gets displayed. Worth all the moments and time. To see them all in person must be quite the thrill. I can only imagine. Thanks to all again for bringing us the many links.

EVERYONE needs to end the cheeky comments.

Carla Bruni is very beautiful, and looks like she is enjoying her visit. She wore a sash to the gala dinner on the first night. What order is this? Was this just given to her in honor of this visit?

Back
Top Bottom