State Visit from France to Spain: April 27-29, 2009

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
:previous: The dress of Zapatero´s wife seems to be very nice...
I like the photos of Carla and the King :)

I think the Queen outdid the Princess and First Lady. Seriously everyone looks beautiful and Wow what a grand dinner!

Spain has always been a destiny of mine. Even as I live I desire to go there eventually. The Spanish Royals surprise me in that they are hosts and guests to many people and countries. Their persuasion and pursuit gives shine to the life of splendor as they both intend and defend the morals of the Monarchy. The feat is no small one and they can do only as much as one can do. But I am astounded by their showing grace in so many events that would otherwise leave me without a clue. How can they show such formal prowess to each and everyone? To me they are great. And I will always follow the many Royals through here on TRF. They are an inspiration to watch. And it was beautiful to see Nicolas and Carla-Bruni Sarkozy appreciate the Royals by making them a part of their journal. Long may France live. I hope they had a great time. Good luck to them all.

I am quite disapointed to Carla's apperance in the dala dinner, I don't like her hair. I think Letizia is rather fresh and the CP couple's participation adds a fresh and young atmosphere to the dinner. I am honour to follow the spanish royals, they are so hard working. It is so nice to see them interact to the quests. In addition, both ladies are amazing :flowers: I especially like Letizia and Sofia's gowns and the makeup of Letizia is nice as always!

I do not like Letizia tonight - hard and unnatural:ermm:. Looks like pop-star with a tiara, rather than the Crown Princess:nonono:.
Gala-dress looks large and heavy for her figure. Hair will not fit under clothing. Usually she looks nice, but not today:ermm: Sorry:ermm:

Carla looks like a really princess - the style and chic. Nothing extra. Simple and elegant. She was born with these qualities :flowers:

I am sorry to say but to me Mrs. Sarkozy looks a little bit "fake".
I don´t know her at all but it seems as if she is trying to be lady like and hiding her true nature - though I admit, I saw her ther first time as first lady of France here. I do not believe that she is this, how do you say in english, aristocratic or noble. To me it looks like she has a very livid character which she tries to hide - but as I said thats just my opinion from the pictures.
The ladies are all very beautiful - I just wonder if Mrs. Sarkozy still is natural? I admit thouhg that she has a very elegant posture.

I think Carla's simplicity at the dinner was good, she did not want, nor tried to outshine the royals. She looks different than the Royals but very dignified.

And Letizia is wearing the safety pin yet one more time, honestly.:bang:

I like Carla, her simplicity is her best weapon and she knows it; she's sweet and looks modest even though she knows she's the center of the atention, I think she's a little bit overwhelmed with all the atention anf focus centered on her, wherever they went everybody was "Carla, Carla, Carla".

The Queen looks good in red, her dress and jewelry were stunning but of course she's the Queen, a lady of other generation and always on her very own style, and for Letizia I didn't like it, sorry, she's looking better lately but that dress is ugly IMO and has something weird on her behind, she tried to hard and the result was really really busy between the train, the tiara with that loose hair, orders, blasons, glitters, jewelry, makeup, you name it and of course those ugly shoes.

I agree with everything except that Carla might be a little bit overwhelmed, she is a tough lady, aristocratic and used to being the focus of attention. The demure face is a sign that she is in complete control of the situation and this is the face she finds appropriate for the occasion.

And Letizia is wearing the safety pin yet one more time, honestly.:bang:

I like Carla, her simplicity is her best weapon and she knows it; she's sweet and looks modest even though she knows she's the center of the atention, I think she's a little bit overwhelmed with all the atention anf focus centered on her, wherever they went everybody was "Carla, Carla, Carla".

The Queen looks good in red, her dress and jewelry were stunning but of course she's the Queen, a lady of other generation and always on her very own style, and for Letizia I didn't like it, sorry, she's looking better lately but that dress is ugly IMO and has something weird on her behind, she tried to hard and the result was really really busy between the train, the tiara with that loose hair, orders, blasons, glitters, jewelry, makeup, you name it and of course those ugly shoes.

Gallery IBL

I love the Queen in red. Carla was very chic.
I like Letizia's dress, but not the pin and the shoes.

It is a State Visit between France and Spain and 2 consorts stole the show!

Frankly, I think all 3 women looked fabulous last night. As always, Queen Sofia looked the most "natural" because it's a role she was groomed for since childhood. Letizia has learned her role; and, as for Carla -- she's an actress playing a real part. How could she possibly go wrong?

for me during the dinner the winner was leatizia, her dress was simply amazing, carla was very elegant and classy, her blue dark dress was very nice but I would like to see her wearing colorful dresses, but in spite of this detail she was really smart

I think all the ladies looked great. I like Carla's simplicity. What's the name of Queen Sofia's tiara? I haven't seen this before.

I think all the ladies looked great. I like Carla's simplicity. What's the name of Queen Sofia's tiara? I haven't seen this before.

It is called, "The Niarchos".
The greeck Stavros Niarchos gave as a wedding gift to then Princess Sofia of Greece a suite of Tiara, necklace, and earrings made of rubies and gold.

They are very similar, Letizia and Carla! They ahve very similar shape bodys and we can see that in those pictures taken behind! I think that Letizia could have accompain the visit to the museum, I think it would have been nice for Carla to have one more person around her and the conversation would be different!

Back
Top Bottom