State Visit from France to Spain: April 27-29, 2009

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
In my humble opinion the Spanish ladies totally outshone Mrs. Sarkozy. Both HM and Letizia looked very elegant and regal (loved the long curly hairstyle of Letizia with her tiara)!:flowers: Not saying that Mrs. Sarkozy looked like a dog's dinner or anything but the Queen and the Princess both looked totally amazing.

I heard -on a spanish tv show- it is false that Carla Bruni wanted to meet Letizia privately, all that was invented because it is a good headline.

Btw Letizia was stunning at that dinner, that hairdo is awesome with the tiara!

the white drawstring top is in fact separate to the dress, I saw it in the shops this weekend by coincidence and it is by Azzedine Alaia. It was not very nice on the hangar and cheap looking considering how expensive his stuff his, however somehow Carla carried it off. Interesting how the other first ladies started wearing Alaia to public functions since Michelle Obama wore his black dress in France recently and also his black belt that she wears all the time on top of her various outfits.

So Michelle Obama has become a style icon for the Royalty now? Does Rania have her own sylist?

not sur if i like Carla daytime clothes,i didn't find them very special,Letizia looked wonderful in the purpule dress,not sur for her dinner look,Mrs Bruni looked great durinng the dinner.
QSofia was my favorite so far her red dress is fantastic.:flowers:

Was it wrong, that I said I think the safety pin was made of platinum, white gold?

about the french state visit in spain, except the trousers of the second day, I liked carla's look for the day one, she was very classy, and I adore her make-up

Finally, the international media reduced the State Visit between France and Spain to a picture showing the backsides of two women.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_Jc-svreYHIY/SfZkKHRF64I/AAAAAAAAO8A/F64urzv2SIc/s400/letizia-1a.jpg

Carla can move on when her stint as First Lady ends whilst Princess Letizia will be reduced to the Royal Barbie (quoting the article below) until her daughter will be old enough to take her place.

And no, Britain doesn't have a new Princess. Thanks to Carla Letizia got some coverage but as quickly as the british tabloids found out that she existed (probably on the first day of the State Visit) they will forget about her again and look out for the next victim, as soon as Sarkozy confirms the destination of his next visit.

He wasn't happy, but not only this, the French couple let Hola's cameras do exclusive pictures of them inside El Pardo before the gala dinner.

I thought that especially the Hola coverage was astonishing regarding the degree to what the Spanish media was courting this couple. Not only to put just the two of them on the front page but also the first six or more pages just showing only them, preparing and posing in JC's rooms prior to the gala dinner.

I can hardly recall any case when guests dared to overshadow their hosts (including JC) in such a bold manner. And worst of all, the impression remains that it is not really about France but only about themselves.

They are both very beautiful women but for me Carla (who looked the image of Audrey Hepburn) won by far.

I thought that especially the Hola coverage was astonishing regarding the degree to what the Spanish media was courting this couple. Not only to put just the two of them on the front page but also the first six or more pages just showing only them, preparing and posing in JC's rooms prior to the gala dinner.

I can hardly recall any case when guests dared to overshadow their hosts (including JC) in such a bold manner. And worst of all, the impression remains that it is not really about France but only about themselves.

True. Hola did what they usually do for the celebrities who posed for them exclusively. But Sarko and Carla are the French President and his wife on an official visit, they shouldn't downgrade themselves to the level of some celebrities who sold their exclusive stories/poses to Hola for publicity or money.

Was that Queen Sofia's last public appearance with her ruby necklace tiara?

And was it Princess (later) Queen Letizia's last appearance with the Prussian tiara?

And was it Princess (later) Queen Letizia's last appearance with the Prussian tiara?

No, she wore it twice more in 2009 and for the last time in 2011. We've never seen this tiara on her as Queen and I don't think we ever will.

No, she wore it twice more in 2009 and for the last time in 2011. We've never seen this tiara on her as Queen and I don't think we ever will.

As it belongs to queen Sofia we might not see it worn again until Leonor or Sofia start attending State Galas.

Back
Top Bottom