Spanish Royal Family Summer Holidays 2017 - 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Duke of Marmalade

Imperial Majesty
City
Frankfurt am Main
Country
Germany
Plans of the King's family for the summer:

The girls already have school holidays since end of June until mid September.
Leonor has completed her primary education and will start her 4 years of secondary education.
The Kings are expected in Mallorca at the first week of August (until then they keep their working agenda despite the girls school holidays), before they do their usual private vacation for 2 weeks in August.

Big question for the journalists: will Leonor and Sofia join the sailing classes this year with their cousins?

Other than that, journalists are expecting a decisive year for Leonor after the summer, she will turn 12, an age where Felipe started to do his first public acts, it is expected that Leonor will participate where herself is concerned, like Princess of Asturias or Princess of Girona events.

Leonor de Borbón, veraneo clave en la vida de la Princesa de Asturias | loc | EL MUNDO
https://translate.google.de/translate?sl=es&tl=en&js=y&prev=_t&hl=de&ie=UTF-8&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.elmundo.es%2Floc%2F2017%2F07%2F01%2F595676f722601d31068b460a.html&edit-text=

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like His Excellency possibly has a new girlfriend?

I wonder has Queen Sofia and Princess Irene arrived in Palma de Mallorca?

:previous: Thanks Lula, it's nice to see Sofia and her grandchildren having fun together. Were Leonor and Sofia there? I couldn't see them in the photos.

Princess Leonor and Infanta Sofia will arrive with the King nd Queen later this week,pity as we rarely see any interaction with the girls and the rest of their cousins.

Sofia obviously takes great joy in her grandchildren and they all seem to adore her, too. Nice for them all.

It always strikes me how fast time is passing when we see kids like the Urdangarins, or Nikolai and Felix in the Danish thread - ones we see only every once in awhile. The boys are close to being grown men now and it makes me feel a little old!

Princess Leonor and Infanta Sofia will arrive with the King nd Queen later this week,pity as we rarely see any interaction with the girls and the rest of their cousins.

Looks like they won't attend a sailing course this year, the press will be disappointed.
Too bad there is no middle way with the Infantas, 3-4 outings is very poor for a heiress to the throne, instead they remain hidden from view. I guess in 6/8 years the press will forget about any boundaries when they start chasing the girls at every possibility.

Thankfully the Urdangarin and de Marichalar cousins have remained close ,queen Sofia must be so happy to have them all together.

Thank you An Ard Ri. That explains it ?

Audience to Mrs. Francina Armengol i Socías, President of the Balearic Islands
Almudaina Palace. Palma

Casa de Su Majestad el Rey de España - Actividades y Agenda - Audiencia a D.ª Francina Armengol i Socías, Presidenta de las Illes Balears

Audience to Baltasar Picornell i Lladó, President of the Parliament of the Balearic Islands
Almudaina Palace. Palma

Casa de Su Majestad el Rey de España - Actividades y Agenda - Audiencia a Baltasar Picornell i Lladó, Presidente del Parlamento de las Illes Balears

Audience to Mr Antoni Noguera Ortega, Mayor of Palma
Almudaina Palace. Palma

Casa de Su Majestad el Rey de España - Actividades y Agenda - Audiencia a D. Antoni Noguera Ortega, Alcalde de Palma

Audience to Mr. Miquel Ensenyat Riutort, President of the Consell de Mallorca
Almudaina Palace. Palma

Casa de Su Majestad el Rey de España - Actividades y Agenda - Audiencia a D. Miquel Ensenyat Riutort, Presidente del Consell de Mallorca

The photographic session of the Kings of Spain and the daughters in Marivent is today or tomorrow?

Looks like they won't attend a sailing course this year, the press will be disappointed.
Too bad there is no middle way with the Infantas, 3-4 outings is very poor for a heiress to the throne, instead they remain hidden from view. I guess in 6/8 years the press will forget about any boundaries when they start chasing the girls at every possibility.

I dont understand you comment tbh. as you said we usually see the girls 3-4 times per year. but there is no difference to other royal houses like denmark ( usually we see them for winter shooting, birthday of margrethe and sometimes summer shooting plus birthday pics.) The same for the Dutch Royals, we usually can see the A-Team at winter shooting and summer shooting, and sometimes "private" events like wedding of family members. The only "young royal" we see more often now is P. Elisabeth of belgium she is also 15, later this year she turns 16.. Btw last year we had seen leonor and sofia 6 times, winter shooting, easter shooting, summer shooting, and another event in mallorca, nationald day, and visit to parliament same year.. ..

We usually see them Easter, Summer in Mallorca and at the National Day which are carefully choreographed events, and those are 'must see' events that cannot be avoided and I don't see anything natural or at ease about it.

Since you started comparing, especially the kids of the nordic families take their children to age appropriate events or are seen with them in public to ease them into royal life and what goes with it.

For me the fact that Leonor's official picture on the website is from 2012 and shows a girl of 7 years who turns 12 this year says it all. Hopefully there will be new pictures next January when Felipe turns 50.

We usually see them Easter, Summer in Mallorca and at the National Day which are carefully choreographed events, and those are 'must see' events that cannot be avoided and I don't see anything natural or at ease about it.

Since you started comparing, especially the kids of the nordic families take their children to age appropriate events or are seen with them in public to ease them into royal life and what goes with it.

For me the fact that Leonor's official picture on the website is from 2012 and shows a girl of 7 years who turns 12 this year says it all. Hopefully there will be new pictures next January when Felipe turns 50.

I do not think it is good if children or teenagers are used as advertising, as is done in Sweden or other royal houses :sad: .( yes for me its advertising) Each country has its own ways to lead the children into the public, some earlier some later. I'm looking forward to the shoot ..:flowers:

Have Letizia and the girls arrived yet?

Leonor & Sofia's appearances in 2016

I dont understand you comment tbh. as you said we usually see the girls 3-4 times per year. but there is no difference to other royal houses like denmark ( usually we see them for winter shooting, birthday of margrethe and sometimes summer shooting plus birthday pics.) The same for the Dutch Royals, we usually can see the A-Team at winter shooting and summer shooting, and sometimes "private" events like wedding of family members. The only "young royal" we see more often now is P. Elisabeth of belgium she is also 15, later this year she turns 16.. Btw last year we had seen leonor and sofia 6 times, winter shooting, easter shooting, summer shooting, and another event in mallorca, nationald day, and visit to parliament same year.. ..

The ski trip was this year. They didn't have a winter photo shoot before. However, these were all the appearances/photos the girls made last year:

1. Photos of them visiting grandpa Jesus's house
  2. Easter
  3. Leonor's communion
  4. Football (soccer) matches each attended with dad
  5. Summer vacation (2 occasions)
  6. Photos of them starting school
  7. National Day parade
  8. Opening of the parliament
  9. Christmas card

So far this year, they have made the following appearances/photos:
  1. Photos of them visiting grandpa Jesus's house
  2. Ski trip
  3. Easter
  4. Sofia's communion

In the end, it comes down to Easter, Summer and National Day (and only since F&L became Kings). The Easter & Summer photocalls always look stiff and uncomfortable with family all over the girls as protection.
January visit at Grandpa's house and school start show the girls hidden on the backseat of the car, it's not a photocall but paparazzi-style.
Skiing was the first time, the rest were cannot-avoid-events: both communions, opening of parliament (first time and an event that only happens every 4 years after an election)
Christmas card is only a photo taken during the year, sometimes only even a photo from one of the earlier shoots of the year.

The only variation was attending the football matches, perfect type of events for the girls. Hopefully more to come.

In the end, it comes down to Easter, Summer and National Day (and only since F&L became Kings). The Easter & Summer photocalls always look stiff and uncomfortable with family all over the girls as protection.
January visit at Grandpa's house and school start show the girls hidden on the backseat of the car, it's not a photocall but paparazzi-style.
Skiing was the first time, the rest were cannot-avoid-events: both communions, opening of parliament (first time and an event that only happens every 4 years after an election)
Christmas card is only a photo taken during the year, sometimes only even a photo from one of the earlier shoots of the year.

The only variation was attending the football matches, perfect type of events for the girls. Hopefully more to come.

If we don't count photocalls (winter, Easter, summer vacations), paparassi shots, officially released photos (official birthday photos and Christmas cards), communions, how many photos/appearances kids in other royal families made? :confused:

I don't remember seeing any other royal kids sit through long speeches like the infantas sitting through in parliament without even an yawn between them. Danish adult royals couldn't even sit through those without nodding off. ;)

If we don't count photocalls (winter, Easter, summer vacations), paparassi shots, officially released photos (official birthday photos and Christmas cards), communions, how many photos/appearances kids in other royal families made? :confused:

I don't remember seeing any other royal kids sit through long speeches like the infantas sitting through in parliament without even an yawn between them. Danish adult royals couldn't even sit through those without nodding off. ;)

I said it comes mainly down to 3 appearances, not sure how you are reading into my post that those don't count?

H.M. King Felipe VI participates at the 36th Copa Del Rey Mapfre sailing cup in Palma de Mallorca.

PPE Agency

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom