Spanish Royal Family Summer Holidays 2017 - 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Infanta Sofia is almost as tall as her mother!

she is! she almost looks like the elder sister out of her and leonor, who looks more like a child. sofia is a lot more 'borbon', whereas leonor is more like her mums side of the family, so it seems natural that sofia inherited her father's tallness.

she is! she almost looks like the elder sister out of her and leonor, who looks more like a child. sofia is a lot more 'borbon', whereas leonor is more like her mums side of the family, so it seems natural that sofia inherited her father's tallness.

Given the shoes Queen Letizia favors, I would say Sofia (in flats) is taller.

To me, Sofia seems to take after her mom, just with her father's height, and Leonor reversed.

I wonder if Leonor will stay two feet shorter than papa? It's rather adorable.

I'd say that for a long time Sofia has looked like the more mature/older one of the sisters - except for moments where Leonor had to act in her role as 'Princess of Asturias'.

Despite their looks, Leonor's voice is more mature than Sofia's voice. Sofia still has that child high pitched tone, while Leonor's voice is deeper.

Despite their looks, Leonor's voice is more mature than Sofia's voice. Sofia still has that child high pitched tone, while Leonor's voice is deeper.

I watched a video about Leonor giving a speech once and was quite surprised when I hear her voice, it's deeper than I thought.

Here's a video of the King and Spanish Prime Minister Pedro at the Marivent Palace today.

I wonder if we won't see Leonor and Sofia in the upcoming days. Today is only Felipe's engagement. I believe tomorrow is the day off. Then, they'll have Friday for Menorca if I recall it correctly (I saw the schedule once, and I didn't memorize it). But, Leonor and Sofia aren't listed for the Menorca visit.

I do wonder if we will see the usual Marivent photo session this year.

I wonder if we won't see Leonor and Sofia in the upcoming days. Today is only Felipe's engagement. I believe tomorrow is the day off. Then, they'll have Friday for Menorca if I recall it correctly (I saw the schedule once, and I didn't memorize it). But, Leonor and Sofia aren't listed for the Menorca visit.

I do wonder if we will see the usual Marivent photo session this year.

It has already been reported that this year there will be no traditional photo shoot in Marivent.
I hope we can still see Leonor and Sofia in the next few days.

I wonder if queen Sofia will see her grand-daughters these days.

I wonder if we might see them all out for dinner or having a walk like with previous years?

It has already been reported that this year there will be no traditional photo shoot in Marivent.
I hope we can still see Leonor and Sofia in the next few days.
Oh I see, thank you :flowers:

I'm still hoping to see the girls more, on walks or dinner as @An Ard Ri said. But, I would love to see them go with Felipe and Letizia to the other Balearic Islands such as Menorca and Formentera. They aren't listed for the Menorca visit, but who knows about Formentera? Anyone has the schedule for the remaining days?

The Casareal site is down (surprise surprise) which was always had the official schedule so I guess we;ll have to wait and see.

Honestly, although I would like to see the traditional photo shoot in Marivent, however, I understand the decision to no celebrate it , the family would have to pose with face cover, it would not be beautiful

Plus we've seen more of Leonor and Sofia than we normally do and there have been plenty of really nice photos.

Honestly, although I would like to see the traditional photo shoot in Marivent, however, I understand the decision to no celebrate it , the family would have to pose with face cover, it would not be beautiful

It wouldn't be too hard to invite one photographer or even a few photographers to take pictures of the four of them without face cover. They should be able to keep sufficient distance.

It wouldn't be too hard to invite one photographer or even a few photographers to take pictures of the four of them without face cover. They should be able to keep sufficient distance.
Indeed, just like what happened with WA, Maxima and the girls.

But, yes, we've seen them twice in Mallorca now, which isn't bad considering the current situation. Though I disagree with @An Ard Ri that we've seen them more than we normally do. In 2018, we saw Leonor and Sofia 4 times in August. In 2019, we saw them 7 times. This year, it seems only 2 so far, so we're not seeing them more, but far less.

I would love to visit Menorca. It's so underrated. It's quieter than Mallorca, it has great beaches, vivid blue water, and lots of archaeological sites. I wished Felipe and Letizia would promote it more.

Can't wait to see their visit of Formentera.

Nice to see Leonor and Sofia joining in with some of the events. I hope that Sofia's recovering quickly from her fall, it looks like it was a nasty one initially.

Menorca is indeed a beautiful place - I'd recommend a visit. I've been to both Mallorca and Menorca (remember being in Palma a week before the SRF were due to go on their holiday there).

This is my first post; hello everyone! I hope I'm posting in the current forum, but I came across this article about Letizia's response to a question about Leonor's future and wanted to share:

"On a visit to Son Roca in Mallorca earlier this week, Princess Leonor was asked by another teenager what she would like to do when she is older. The heir to the throne hadn’t answered before her mother intervened to say 'what she has to do, not what she wants to do.'” Here's the article.

I thought this was a surprisingly blunt response. I've always wondered when heirs become cognizant of their future role and responsibility, so this makes me think Felipe and Letizia have already had this serious conversation with Leonor (given their family's current turbulent situation). I'm also curious to know what Leonor's answer would've been; she's seems wise for her age!

Nice to see Leonor and Sofia joining in with some of the events. I hope that Sofia's recovering quickly from her fall, it looks like it was a nasty one initially.

Menorca is indeed a beautiful place - I'd recommend a visit. I've been to both Mallorca and Menorca (remember being in Palma a week before the SRF were due to go on their holiday there).
Which one did you like the most? I've never been to Mallorca and Menorca before, but I have friends that went there and said that Menorca surprised them in a very positive way.

This is my first post; hello everyone! I hope I'm posting in the current forum, but I came across this article about Letizia's response to a question about Leonor's future and wanted to share:

"On a visit to Son Roca in Mallorca earlier this week, Princess Leonor was asked by another teenager what she would like to do when she is older. The heir to the throne hadn’t answered before her mother intervened to say 'what she has to do, not what she wants to do.'” Here's the article.

I thought this was a surprisingly blunt response. I've always wondered when heirs become cognizant of their future role and responsibility, so this makes me think Felipe and Letizia have already had this serious conversation with Leonor (given their family's current turbulent situation). I'm also curious to know what Leonor's answer would've been; she's seems wise for her age!

I read about this incident. And I do wish that for ONCE Letizia had not sought to control the situation by cutting off Leonor and speaking for her.

I would have liked to hear her response. Poor Leonor.:ermm:

I read about this incident. And I do wish that for ONCE Letizia had not sought to control the situation by cutting off Leonor and speaking for her.

I would have liked to hear her response. Poor Leonor.:ermm:

well, its the hard truth and Leonor could have said something that could have been subject to interpretation by the media.

difficult times, Germany has just declared Spain (including Balear islands, excluding canary islands) to high risk area, people have to be quarantined when travelling there. especially hard for mallorca with thousands of germans flocking there every year.

Hmm, that incident doesn't sound well. However, it does confirm Letizia's controlling manners and Leonor will again know that she cannot put a foot wrong (a very different message than for example Willem-Alexander and Máxima are giving their daughters); Leonor could easily have answered that she is looking forward to university studies. Hopefully she has some say in what she can study but I'm afraid it is already fully programmed for her by her parents (and wonder about Sofía - not sure that she gets that much more freedom to choose her own path within some limits).

Last edited:
Hmm, that incident doesn't sound well. However, it does confirm Letizia's controlling manners and Leonor will again no that she cannot put a foot wrong (a very different message than for example Willem-Alexander and Máxima are giving their daughters); Leonor could easily have answered that she is looking forward to university studies. Hopefully she has some say in what she can study but I'm afraid it is already fully programmed for her by her parents (and wonder about Sofía - not sure that she gets that much more freedom to choose her own path within some limits).

I think Letizia just wants what's best for her daughters, and so sometimes she seems controlling.
I believe Leonor will probably have an opinion to say about what he wants to study and then the Royal House and the Government at the time will decide what she should study, but Leonor will always have a say.
Sofia will obviously have more freedom and be able to choose the area she wants to follow, I think.
Leonor, if she follows the same résumé as her father, she's going to study International Relations or Political Science, and I believe that's what she's going to do.

I think Letizia just wants what's best for her daughters, and so sometimes she seems controlling.
I believe Leonor will probably have an opinion to say about what he wants to study and then the Royal House and the Government at the time will decide what she should study, but Leonor will always have a say.
Sofia will obviously have more freedom and be able to choose the area she wants to follow, I think.
Leonor, if she follows the same résumé as her father, she's going to study International Relations or Political Science, and I believe that's what she's going to do.

And her 'best for her daughters' is 'to be perfect' and do exactly as she is told. I don't think that the best preparation for being a head of state. I'd rather see her explore a little but hopefully she'll have some freedom to do so in a few years time when it'll be a little harder to control her every step of the way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom