Spanish Royal Family Summer Holidays 2017 - 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
H.M. King Felipe VI participates at the 36th Copa Del Rey Mapfre sailing cup in Palma de Mallorca.

PPE Agency

I am surprised the King, as a reigning monarch, is "allowed" to participate. In the UK, the Queen is not even allowed to drive a car for security reasons.

D. Felipe was once an olympic sailor. I am pretty sure he relishes taking part in events like that.

QE II is allowed to drive a car. There are plenty of pictures of her driving. W-A is piloting commercial flights. Pretty sure Felipe can sail.

I am surprised the King, as a reigning monarch, is "allowed" to participate. In the UK, the Queen is not even allowed to drive a car for security reasons.

D. Felipe was once an olympic sailor. I am pretty sure he relishes taking part in events like that.

King Juan Carlos has also regulary participated in it during his reign. . And i think King Harald also took part in Regattas.

felipe apparently took his nephews abord the somni yesterday, when they visited cabrera together. aboard the yatch, there were the urdangarin kids and froilan. the press is speculating as to this sudden closeness with the urdangarin kids as he does not maintain a relationship with cristina or inaki. queen sofia was also present aboard, so that may explain it, as she may have been the one who invited cristina's children.

letizia was apparently not yet on the island this weekend but will arrive soon as today is the traditional palma photoshoot with leonor and sofia.

La Reina Letizia marca distancia con sus sobrinos Urdangarin, mientras Felipe navega con ellos | loc | EL MUNDO

felipe apparently took his nephews abord the somni yesterday, when they visited cabrera together. aboard the yatch, there were the urdangarin kids and froilan. the press is speculating as to this sudden closeness with the urdangarin kids as he does not maintain a relationship with cristina or inaki. queen sofia was also present aboard, so that may explain it, as she may have been the one who invited cristina's children.

letizia was apparently not yet on the island this weekend but will arrive soon as today is the traditional palma photoshoot with leonor and sofia.

La Reina Letizia marca distancia con sus sobrinos Urdangarin, mientras Felipe navega con ellos | loc | EL MUNDO

If Felipe and the Urdangarin children and Felipe de Marichalar were all at Marivent and Sofia had to be the one to invite Cristina's children that doesn't really say anything good about Felipe as a man or the future head of the Borbon family, does it?

I think - and certainly hope - the truth is somewhat more boring - that Felipe does have an ongoing and good relationship with all his nieces and nephews. I've noticed the Spanish press tends to base their "facts" about the royal family only on what we all see in public. So, for example, for years it was a "fact" Cristina and her father had no relationship until we saw them greeting each other lovingly at the Infanta Alicia's funeral. Now its reported as "fact" that Juan Carlos is trying to reunite the family and its Felipe and Letizia who are the hold outs. And so on and so on...

This journalist always wants to create controversy.:whistling:

Urdangarín children have gone to Palma every year, and last year they sailed in the Somni with all the family, including Letizia and her daughters. Although at first the press denied it, because in the first photos published by the agencies, they could not be seen.

This time the photos of the Spanish agencies do not show what you see in the photos of foreign agencies, that Leonor is sitting behind her father in the car.

https://www.profimedia.cz/data/image-large-preview/1/0343487689/profimedia-0343487689.jpg
https://www.profimedia.cz/0343487707?ws=2&s=sp.leonor

Urdangarin children go with their grandmother Sofia when their parents allow it, the rest of cousins have their own plans. For example, this year Victoria Federica has not coincided with them, because according to one journalist she was in a camp.

King Felipe, Queen Letizia, Princess Leonor and infanta Sofia at Marivent Palace

@alexandropress
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DGFFIipXgAAPB8d.jpg

El posado de verano de los Reyes y sus hijas en el Palacio de Marivent

Los reyes y sus hijas cumplen con el posado en Marivent

Los Reyes y sus hijas comienzan sus vacaciones con el tradicional posado en el Palacio de Marivent - Foto 1

Belga Image

https://www.vanitatis.elconfidencia...osado-marivent-fotos-felipe-letizia_1423557#0

Posado de los reyes en Marivent | El Comercio

Posado de la Familia Real en el Palacio de Marivent - Diario de Mallorca

Spanish Royals Summer Photocall in Palma de Mallorca - Zimbio

073117 Spanish Royals Photosession at Marivent Palace - Images | jose gegundez | photographer

Photos

SPANISH PHOTOSESSION - Images | Robin Utrecht | Photoshelter

https://www.royalpress.nl/categories.php?cat_id=2220

La reine Letizia, le roi Felipe et leurs filles Leonor et Sofia rayonnent de bonheur

Last edited by a moderator:
I wonder where king Juan Carlos will holiday this year?

The kids look cute. Sofia is so tall for her age! Not sure who Sofia looks like now - maybe a maternal relative, (although I don't find she looks much like Letizia herself). When she was little I thought Leonor resembled her grandmother Sofia but she's becoming more and more Borbon in her looks as she gets older.

The King,Queen,Princess of Asturias and Infanta Sofia pose for photos at the Marivent Palace in Mallorca.

PPE Agency

Thank you to all those who shared the photos and videos from this year's photoshoot.
As per usual; Leonor and Sofia are beautiful girls - and wow, Sofia has really shot up in hight! She's overtaken her older sister.

Day 2 of the Copa Del Rey in Palma de Mallorca .

PPE Agency

The photos are from yesterday, today's competition has not started because the weather conditions are not good for sailing.

According to some journalists, king Felipe had not planned to participate today, although his boat finished first of its category yesterday.

King Felipe, Queen Letizia, Crown Princess Leonor, Infanta Sofia, Queen Sofia, Infanta Elena and her children and Urdangarín children arrive to Port onboard of the Somni Boat during their holidays on August 1

080117 Spanish Royals enjoy in holidays - Images | jose gegundez | photographer

La Familia Real sale a navegar

La Familia Real sale a navegar a bordo de la lancha ‘Somni’ - Diario de Mallorca

Last edited:
It's lovely to see all the grandchildren again.

I like Irene with her little handbag - very cute.

It looks like Juan is almost or maybe as tall as his uncle.

A much nicer dress on Sofia there than at the photo shoot, IMO.

The whole family looks great and all the kids are very, very tall. :D

Juan is almost level with Felipe and Pablo is close to. Considering their ages I think they're going to be taller than uncle Felipe.

The girls are stunners. Leonor has a serenity and calmness well beyond her years, Sofia looks like a firecracker and "little" Irene is going to be over 6 foot tall (probably like her cousin "little Sofia" :D). Of all the Urdangarin kids, she's the one I have a soft spot for. She has a similar vibe as Leonor - innocent, beautiful smile and never too far away from auntie Letizia :wub:

My favourite pictures of Leonor...

http://www3.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/...+Photocall+Palma+de+Mallorca+If7U3CPRbrJx.jpg
http://www4.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/...+Photocall+Palma+de+Mallorca+Aebu_o2hTsZx.jpg

Last edited:
That's kind of random. Any particular reason why he was there?

Yes it was and you couldn't get a more rural area,appartantly the owners of Killua Castle in the village were behind the Church restoration and personally invited king Juan Carlos who was photographed with a few parishioners.I'm sure there were a few happy nuns!

Elena, Felipe and Victoria watched bullfights at the Coliseo Balear in Palma de Mallorca on August 3:

** gettyimages gallery **

Here are a few more photos from the bullfight at Coliseo Balear in Palma de Mallorca.

PPE Agency

Tomorrow is the last day of the competition, and King Felipe and his ship Aifos are the first for the moment ... which is quite incredible because the Aifos is a ship of 21 years, the oldest one in the competition.

Queen Sofia was in the Somni with her cousin Tatiana Radziwiłł, her husband Jean Henri Fruchaud and their granddaughter.

Infanta Elena and Victoria were on another boat. Mapfre the company where Elena works is the main sponsor of the regatta.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom