Spanish Royal Family Summer Holidays 2017 - 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is so beautiful. Thanks for the clip. As to Leonor and Sofia, everything will unfold at the right time. Leonor will obviously have a much bigger role but I like how the Spanish RF are handling everything.

Princess Leonor and Infanta Sofia will continue for a while to appear together in official acts. But within a few years Leonor will assume his duties as crown heiress and Sofia will also have other functions in the royal house. I think Leonor and Sofia are being well prepared for their different roles, but at the moment it makes sense that they appear together in official acts.
The problem is that at some point Sofia will have no role in the royal house, and nobody knows when this point will come (Felipe's death or abdication).
Therefore Sofia will have to do royal work until she is part of the royal family and stop and make her own living when she ceases to be, like Elena.
Keeping in mind that her choice of profession is limited by guidelines of the royal house, it will be difficult to find something that not only fits the regulatory but also interests her.

King Juan Carlos at the prize giving ceremony
https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/48498254281_4352ca0663_o.jpg
https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/48498254251_5456618fa2_o.jpg
https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/48498254221_04cfd210f8_o.jpg
https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/48498254176_2f91d745e2_b.jpg
https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/48498253716_4c1a33356c_b.jpg
https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/48498427187_41fea1703c_b.jpg

The finnish press tells, that king Juan Carlos and princess Elena went also shopping to local grocery store Lidl in Hanko.
Hämmästyksen huokaus Hangon Lidlissä – Espanjan ex-kuningas Juan Carlos pätkähti muina miehinä ruokakaupan asiakkaaksi! _ Seiska

On the pier, commodore Kalle Niemi met king Juan Carlos and his crew to present a gift. He handed the Hanko Sailing Association's standard to the former king, so that he would have a memory of the World Championships in Hanko.
- He received it and said he should keep the memory close to his heart, Niemi says.
Juan Carlos I rörd över gåva av HSF

Last edited:
The problem is that at some point Sofia will have no role in the royal house, and nobody knows when this point will come (Felipe's death or abdication).
Therefore Sofia will have to do royal work until she is part of the royal family and stop and make her own living when she ceases to be, like Elena.
Keeping in mind that her choice of profession is limited by guidelines of the royal house, it will be difficult to find something that not only fits the regulatory but also interests her.

Indeed, you have a point. But I think it's too early to even think about these things. It's hard to predict.

We don't know she might marry a foreigner and live outside Spain. There's a lot of things that can happen. She has plenty of choices compared to Leonor and I think the King and Queen did not fail to prepare them in their future roles.

Actually, I give the King and Queen a thumbs up for doing things right for the children.

I believe princess Beatrix shakes hands in a similar way. Just using the fingers. Saves her hands from being continually crushed by people with crushing handshakes.

And queen Elizabeth II and other British royals use gloves which are a perfectly sensible and more regal choice,though I'd imagine its far too hot in Mallorca for evening gloves.

- After the photocall last Thursday, it seems that Letizia left Mallorca with the girls
- Felipe stayed on, possibly until Sunday, on Saturday he had dinner with his friend Jaume Anglada and was caught by a photographer who was prevented from taking pictures
- The emeritus King, Juan Carlos, supposedly arrived on Sunday in Palma.

https://www.revistavanityfair.es/re...zia-incidente-prensa-paparazzi-mallorca/39915
translation
https://translate.google.de/transla...zia-incidente-prensa-paparazzi-mallorca/39915

- After the photocall last Thursday, it seems that Letizia left Mallorca with the girls
- Felipe stayed on, possibly until Sunday, on Saturday he had dinner with his friend Jaume Anglada and was caught by a photographer who was prevented from taking pictures
- The emeritus King, Juan Carlos, supposedly arrived on Sunday in Palma.

https://www.revistavanityfair.es/re...zia-incidente-prensa-paparazzi-mallorca/39915
translation
https://translate.google.de/transla...zia-incidente-prensa-paparazzi-mallorca/39915

Speculation is not allowed here but looking at the pictures of the stay in Mallorca I had the feeling that there is something wrong between the king and the queen. They always tried to have the girls between them, didn´t really interact and the king was always far away form her if possible. And I thought he looked kind of irritated.

I felt sorry for Letizia as she tried to always keep maintain the appearance that everythin is well but she was "so alone".

After 8 days with the opportunity to take lots of photos in various places and situations ... there are photographers who do not have enough... it is not strange that Mallorca is increasingly more affixing for them.

King Felipe has done the same thing he has done on other occasions. He and Princess Leonor cannot fly on the same plane, for that reason Queen Letizia and the girls travel on regular flights, from Palma to Madrid, and from there to the holiday destination they have chosen. Once they have reached the destination, the King travels there on the official plane.

On the other hand, it is clear that Felipe will not be able to move much of Spain this year because of the formation of the government. He will probably be on vacation this week (for what they have done on other occasions in a Mediterranean destination a few hours by plane from Madrid) that all politicians are on vacation and next week he will have to return to Madrid, while Letizia and the girls who still have two weeks of school vacations can make other plans.

The media will never have enough ,queen Letizia was correct to leave Mallorca last week with the girls,the less the press knows the better about their private holiday plans .

I think so too. They all deserve a less media holiday getaway.

The media will no doubt spin this into a who has trouble with who story again. I've noticed the Spanish media always loves a good article about a rift between Letizia and another person, be it a relative or friend (right from the outset I remember several tabloids reporting at how Letizia had apparently gotten into arguments with mothers from Leonor's pre-school).

I don't blame her for taking Leonor and Sofia on a private break together. A bit of wind-down is good for all of us, but especially for someone in their position.

After 8 days with the opportunity to take lots of photos in various places and situations ... there are photographers who do not have enough... it is not strange that Mallorca is increasingly more affixing for them.

King Felipe has done the same thing he has done on other occasions. He and Princess Leonor cannot fly on the same plane, for that reason Queen Letizia and the girls travel on regular flights, from Palma to Madrid, and from there to the holiday destination they have chosen. Once they have reached the destination, the King travels there on the official plane.

On the other hand, it is clear that Felipe will not be able to move much of Spain this year because of the formation of the government. He will probably be on vacation this week (for what they have done on other occasions in a Mediterranean destination a few hours by plane from Madrid) that all politicians are on vacation and next week he will have to return to Madrid, while Letizia and the girls who still have two weeks of school vacations can make other plans.

Exact.:flowers::flowers::flowers:
Every year they do the same since they cannot travel together. The king cannot travel on the same plane as Leonor. Every year the same. Every year the same speculations. Nothing changes. But the press never has enough of Letizia. It's crazy.

I think it's safe to say that this year there won't be any private holidays abroad.

Hopefully we'll see King Felipe,Queen Letizia and daughters in Palma ,its nice to see queen Sofia and Infanta Elena keeping up the tradition.

While other royal houses have been missing for many days or in well-known vacation spots, this year the Spanish royal family will arrive in Mallorca on August 7 or 8. They will have hearings with authorities, they will officially visit the islands, and they will only be ten days, and then they will leave on the 17th back to Madrid.
They are, without a doubt, the most hardworking king and queen in the world. This has never been in doubt, but now it is very very evident.
While the country is fighting a disease, they are not leaving their country. :flowers:
I am very proud of Felipe and Letizia.

Last edited by a moderator:
They are indeed one of the most active royals. To me, they always work except August, Easter and Christmas. But, this August, it seems that they will work while on their stay in Mallorca. Their efforts need recognition. They really work hard for Spain and its people.

But I wonder what's the plan for next week. They are done with the tour and usually August is a month off, with the Mallorca's stuff on it, though. In normal circumstances, they would be heading for Mallorca, but we know they're not expected there until the 7th, and then they will stay there just for a week.

During next week and the rest of August, it could be a great thing if they go on holiday trips to other parts of Spain and let themselves to be seen. A way to cheering up spirits, and still having a deserved vacation. Let's see.

I wonder where king Juan Carlos will holiday this year?

I wonder where king Juan Carlos will holiday this year?

King Juan Carlos shouldn't go anywhere this year. With the confusion that is in Spain because of the controversies of JC doubt that he go somewhere.

I'm glad to see other parts of the Balearics will be getting a visit this year.

While other royal houses have been missing for many days or in well-known vacation spots, this year the Spanish royal family will arrive in Mallorca on August 7 or 8. They will have hearings with authorities, they will officially visit the islands, and they will only be ten days, and then they will leave on the 17th back to Madrid.
They are, without a doubt, the most hardworking king and queen in the world. This has never been in doubt, but now it is very very evident.
While the country is fighting a disease, they are not leaving their country. :flowers:
I am very proud of Felipe and Letizia.

I agree. So proud of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom