Spanish Royal Family Summer Holidays 2017 - 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
https://canal4diario.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/08/TIM_7535B-768x513.jpg

Well then you have to look at the photos better.
Who is holding hands, always, is Leonor
* And of course the girls are with the grandmother; They live five minutes from each other. The strange thing would be that the mother was not with her daughters on a vacation unless the world had gone mad.
I have not seen Queen Margarita on the beach alone with her grandchildren, nor Queen Elizabeth with the grandchildren on the island wherever the Cambrigde or Sicily summer ... or I have not seen Queen Silvia alone with Estelle vacation...
Nor have I seen former Queen Paola forward to Queen Mathilde when they go together and use her position as queen ... but Sofia believes that she is still queen and is only an honorary title so that the poor woman does not kick.

When I read this, all of these words really get into me and I realized you have a point. I have never seen other Queen grandmothers like Queen Sofia. To add, it's not also every time that we see Princess Beatrix playing with her grandchildren. Maybe on official photos but not as much as Queen Sofia.

But all is well. Maybe it's a matter of preference too.

Is the official photocall scheduled to be held today (4 Aug)?

Last edited:
Spanish media say today is the photo shoot of the Kings of Spain and their daughters in Marivent.

It is true. All the Kings of Spain who abdicated in the past continued to have the title of King and their wives of Queen Consort.

photo shoot of the Kings of Spain and their daughters in Marivent
https://www.hola.com/realeza/casa_espanola/20190804146870/reyes-hijas-posado-verano-marivent/

Gorgeous photos from today's photoshoot! I rather like the simple background of the Marivent's garden. Whilst Leonor has always been the more introverted sister, she seemed more confident today - particularly since the photographers and press were all there; she did a good job!

But I remember Sofia being more introvert and almost never smiling when they were younger.

Being introverted isn't a negative thing - I'm an ambivert, but was an introvert for most of my early life and teenage years. Sofia, to me, has always been somewhat extroverted and children are generally more confident as they're still innocent and tend to not have any shame, haha, so it's hard to tell whether Sofia is an introvert or not based on her childhood character. Here, here and here are some pretty bad signs of where she's the more extroverted sister, but Leonor also shows some signs of being extroverted in her younger photos so it's hard to tell.

I know it's not a negative thing. I was just saying that there was a phase when Sofia smiled little. Maybe in its first two or three years.

Last edited by a moderator:
What is the problem? :ermm::ohmy: Saying "true queen" is correct, because the constitution of my country only allows one queen and that SM doña. Letizia ... There is no drama, only a reality.
It may be a translator's problem, but if you don't understand it, I can explain it to you better, although I think the Constitution is enough.
King Juan Carlos should have been called Count of Barcelona when he abdicated, but the ego of the former king and the former queen are so huge, they didn't want to. The government refused to be "emeritus kings" because that only leads to confusion and is worthless. It's like they give you an honorary chair at a university ... that doesn't mean you're a doctor, right? But Felipe won and gave that title of honor ...

The Spanish Constitutions have never limited the title of King and Queen to the reigning king and his wife. The existing Constitution uses "the Queen" as the title of a female sovereign and "the Queen Consort" as the title of a sovereign's wife.

All of the former sovereigns of Spain who abdicated, and all of the consorts of Spanish sovereigns who became widows or widowers, continued to be called King or Queen.

Thanks for the links :flowers:

I guess I didn't miss one of the family photo shoots this summer. Have a lot to still catch up on the boards.

The girls look cute and casual. I like their outfits this year not just in photo shoot but at other sightings. They look a bit more age appropriate and less like little girls. The whole family looks nice for the photo shoot.

Great seeing the girls out enjoying their holiday. Swan Lake makes me jealous, my favorite ballet.

The shopping at the market and the movies though are my favorite. Make me think of any other young girl. Reminders they are not just royals.

Nice family day out hopefully it won't offend anyone ;)

It looks like a lovely outing.

For those wondering why we see more pictures of queen Sofia holding hands with Leonor than with Sofía; my take is that it is because of the girls: Leonor seems to like the handholding (it might give her the support she needs) much more than Sofia - which also could be seen in today's photosession with Leonor holding hands with her father while Sofía preferred no-handholding.

Really love those photos the gardens at the Marivent are underused by the SRF.

Lovely photos.

Were there any snippets from an interview or possibly comments to the press?

Last edited by a moderator:
The girls are always well groomed, like their mother. But I find it rather odd that a 12 year old and an almost 14 year old are wearing matching outfits. And matching hair styles. To me, that suggests a level of control that may backfire on the family in a couple years.

Gorgeous photos from today's photoshoot! I rather like the simple background of the Marivent's garden. Whilst Leonor has been the more introverted sister, she seemed more confident today - particularly since the photographers and press were all there; she did a good job!

Last edited:
But I remember Sofia being more introvert and almost never smiling when they were younger.

Being introverted isn't a negative thing - I'm an ambivert, but was an introvert for most of my early life and teenage years. Sofia, to me, has always been somewhat extroverted and children are generally more confident as they're still innocent and tend to not have any shame, haha, so it's hard to tell whether Sofia is an introvert or not based on her childhood character. Here, here and here are some pretty bad signs of where she's the more extroverted sister, but Leonor also shows some signs of being extroverted in her younger photos so it's hard to tell.

There is no queen consort title in my country. It is the queen and the king. However, when Leonor marries, and if things are not modified, the husband of the princess, when she is queen will be "The consort of the queen", but Queen Letizia is queen by law,
You are welcome.:flowers:

Yes, the official title is simply Queen, and Queen Sofía and Queen Letizia are both titled Queen by law, Letizia by the decree of 1987 and Sofía by the decree of 2014. However, the Constitution distinguishes between a sovereign queen and the wife/widow of a sovereign king by naming the latter as "Queen consort" in Article 59, and so neither Letizia nor Sofía holds the same Constitutional rights as a queen regnant.

When Leonor is Queen, will her husband be Prince Consort?

If the 1987 decree is not modified, he will be simply "Prince". But the decree can be modified without difficulty if Queen Leonor and the government of the day desire it.

I'm glad that they have been using the palace gardens more recently. It's so beautiful and the photos look much better than just posing in front the palace door

It looks like a lovely outing.

For those wondering why we see more pictures of queen Sofia holding hands with Leonor than with Sofía; my take is that it is because of the girls: Leonor seems to like the handholding (it might give her the support she needs) much more than Sofia - which also could be seen in today's photosession with Leonor holding hands with her father while Sofía preferred no-handholding.

Yes it was the same last year, Leonor holding hands with her father. She even held hands with her father when she came down the stairs with him at home during the photoshoot for Felipe's 50th birthday.
It gives the impression that Sofia does not only look the older sibling but is much more confident.

Obviously, the best looking royal family to date.

Here's a video of the audiences held by H.M.The King at the Almudaina Palace yesterday.

Wow! If only there's a whole clip. I want to see Almudaina more. Such a grand palace.

Both of them are pleasing to watch. Glorious men.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom