Spanish Royal Family Summer Holidays 2017 - 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks to everyone for all the postings, the girls are so beautiful.
It bothers me to always see Sofia with her "perfect" smile whenever she is on display, I wish she didn't feel the need to perform all the time. I also do not like how Queen Sofia is always holding onto Leonor with such a death grip, I don't know any other 12 year old who wants to be hung onto all the time.

: flores:: flores:: flores:: flores:: flores:

I was away myself and missed the annual gathering on Mallorca and did not see any photos of Don Felipe de Marichalar maybe I missed him?

I was away myself and missed the annual gathering on Mallorca and did not see any photos of Don Felipe de Marichalar maybe I missed him?

He was at the family dinner. The rest of the time he was hidden from the photographers , he has preferred to go out at night with his friends, and he was seen at a Steve Aoki concert.

The main royal family is Lety, Felipe and the kids. Is normal that the others aren't there.

http://www.hola.com/imagenes/realez...-en-palma/0-591-269/reyes-hijas-cine-ep-a.jpg
http://www.hola.com/imagenes/realez...en-palma/0-591-267/reyes-hijas-cine-ep1-a.jpg

I thought this photo from Felipe's 50th birthday was staged but now I am not so sure.
http://img2.rtve.es/imagenes/imagenes-mas-familiares-del-rey-felipe-vi/1517045061668.jpg

Maybe its not Sofia sr but Leonor herself who wants the handholding all the time??

Seriously, she's a teenager now, almost thirteen, and still walking on Daddy's hand? The younger sister seems more mature and is having none of it.

:previous:
I’m going to guess you’ve never been a 13-year-old girl who adores her father and is surrounded by cameras in public. I’m also going to guess you have no idea that not every girl starts puberty at the same time and that comparing them to their siblings or friends is really a fools errand.
Wouldn’t it be great if we could stop judging other people’s parenting and other people’s children. Not every child has a rebellious ‘I hate my parents’ phase, some kids are actually happy to be with their parents and aren’t embarrassed by them. And some kids are taught manners and keep their misbehaving for home.

Last edited:
Wow, it's Leonor now.

The SRF threads and its regulars keep going better and better :D:whistling:

:previous:
I’m going to guess you’ve never been a 13-year-old girl who adores her father and is surrounded by cameras in public. I’m also going to guess you have no idea that not every girl starts puberty at the same time and that comparing them to their siblings or friends is really a fools errand.
Wouldn’t it be great if we could stop judging other people’s parenting and other people’s children. Not every child has a rebellious ‘I hate my parents’ phase, some kids are actually happy to be with their parents and aren’t embarrassed by them. And some kids are taught manners and keep their misbehaving for home.

I agree and this is an interesting perspective which has changed my own on the matter somewhat. In Felipe's 50th birthday photo provided, Leonor seems quite comfortable to be holding Felipe's hand and seems natural with him in the other photos DoM posted. I do think it gets a bit much when Sofia holds their hands though as for me it's more evident that there's a tight grip from Sofia's part.
You're also right in some girls maturing at a much later stage; there was a girl in my class at secondary school who didn't start puberty until she was 14 and perhaps Leonor will also be a late starter as she still seems quite child-like (I think it could be possible that Sofia jr. will start before Leonor as she seems to be maturing more).
Being near clicking cameras constantly when out in public is, I can imagine, very daunting and tiring, especially for a young pre-teen like Leonor. Even I'd find it daunting each time. Perhaps holding hands with Felipe or Letizia is a way of easing herself in her environment.
I'm obviously not a public person and am a young adult but even I sometimes still hold hands/link arms with my mother, normally when I'm in a busy city like central London as I always get paranoid around crowds. I'm close to my mother being the only child of a single parent, so such gestures are still natural for me.

Last edited:
Nicely summarized, Princess Larisa. :flowers:

It's the cameras. I don't think people fully appreciate how disorienting it really is to face a phalanx of cameras (worse, have one's name called out randomly). :sad: People assuming that these royal children 'get used to the cameras' from early exposure are backing a horse that I don't think has been proven a winner. Certainly sometimes it proves a good tactic but not across the board. Children are different. Leonor carries the full weight of knowing who she is destined to be. Sophia does not and displays the ease of the second born in such situations. Sophia has a freedom of which Leonor can only dream.

Anyway, Leonor should not be subjected to 'tests' regarding her future role. When she is 21/22, or whenever she is considered 'public' and on her own, maybe then. Before that, it's cruel. JMO.

Ain't that the truth! ;) On both counts!

:previous: Thanks eya.
The SRF seem to be close to the Obamas, even after their presidency (much like Prince William and Prince Harry in the UK). It's nice to see them visiting them on holiday in Mallorca.

Yes lovely to hear that Queen Sofia is still in Mallorca and also that H.M.had lunch with Michelle Obama.

King Felipe VI will arrive tomorrow at Mahón (Menorca) to participate, for the first time in the history of the race, in the fifteenth edition of the Cup of the King of Classic and Vintage Boats. Although it has not been confirmed he will do it in the 'Giraldilla', the ship that belonged to his grandfather D. Juan de Borbón.

https://www.abc.es/deportes/vela/ve...-abuelo-juan-borbon-201808311342_noticia.html

Thank you Lula! Will this be a whole family outing too? This sounds interesting

Queen Sofia and her sister Princess Irene normally arrive in Palma around this time of the year if not already.

This is great! Would you know if the King and Queen and Leonor and Sofia will have a summer outing too?

The Spanish press speculates that Felipe will travel to the island on July 26 alone, Letizia will wait for the Infantas to return from the US and travel on July 28 the earliest.
The award presentation of the Copa del Rey is supposed to be on August 3 and Felipe is expected to sail during the week.

Thank you for the information! This is a nice time for the Princess and the Infanta to unwind. I'm waiting to see them again on Fiesta Nacional de España and The Princess of Asturias Awards.

It will be nice to see king of Norway in Palma and hopefully mingling with the Spanish royals.

It will be nice to see king of Norway in Palma and hopefully mingling with the Spanish royals.

It will be nice indeed! Have any other RFs joined the SRF for the Palma holiday before aside from Charles and Diana with a young William and Harry?

It will be nice indeed! Have any other RFs joined the SRF for the Palma holiday before aside from Charles and Diana with a young William and Harry?

Yes the Marivent Palace welcomed many royal guests and gatherings in Palma de Mallorca.

The Prince and Princess of Wales and children

https://www.google.ie/imgres?imgurl...XyEuJCGZxmM:&vet=1&w=500&h=324&source=sh/x/im

King Baudouin and Queen Fabiola with the Spanish and Greek Royal families

https://images.app.goo.gl/FcNkJBLwUzSawbJ29

I hope the present generation of royals can have outings like this too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom