Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 07-30-2018, 03:32 AM
Imperial Majesty

Photos

https://www.royalpress.nl/categories...btk820jst9fnp5

https://robinutrecht.photoshelter.co...00jaZvq_GQymM/

King Felipe attends audiences at La Almudaina Royal Palace

Mrs. Francina Armengol i Socias, President of the Balearic Islands

Casa de Su Majestad el Rey de España - Actividades y Agenda - Audiencia a Dª. Francina Armengol i Socias, presidenta de las Illes Balears

Mr Baltasar Picornell i Lladó, President of the Parliament of the Balearic Islands

Casa de Su Majestad el Rey de España - Actividades y Agenda - Audiencia a D. Baltasar Picornell i Lladó, presidente del Parlamento de las Illes Balears

Mr. Antoni Noguera Ortega, Mayor of Palma

Casa de Su Majestad el Rey de España - Actividades y Agenda - Audiencia a D. Antoni Noguera Ortega, alcalde de Palma

Mr. Miquel Ensenyat Riutort, President of the Consell de Mallorca

Casa de Su Majestad el Rey de España - Actividades y Agenda - Audiencia a D. Miquel Ensenyat Riutort, presidente del Consell de Mallorca

Old 07-30-2018, 04:34 AM
Majesty

seems like they are trying to keep up appearances after all the drama (and with all the drama i mean ALL the drama: inaki in prison, the corinna tapes and allegations of corruption by JC, letizia's last scene in palma with queen sofia...). they managed it nicely, but i am unsure how many more of these events they can keep managing gracefully.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Somebody View Post
I guess they are just bad at posing. Maybe someone should tell them to look into the camera instead of looking at and touching each other all the time. The girls are teenagers now, no need to treat them like small children.
letizia has always done that. her hands were all over leonor and sofia for some reason at every possible photocall.

Old 07-30-2018, 10:56 AM
Imperial Majesty

Day 1 - 37th Copa del Rey Mapfre Sailing Cup

https://josepgegundez.photoshelter.c...00068aKG.mLQJ0

Day 1 - 37th Copa del Rey Mapfre Sailing Cup - Zimbio
Old 07-30-2018, 11:29 AM
Administrator

Some more photos from today can also be found here:

** ppe gallery 1 ** ppe gallery 2 ** ppe gallery 3 **

** dailymail: Ahoy there, sailor! King Felipe takes the helm during a regatta in Mallorca - as the Spanish royals continue..**

And here's one more article from yesterday:

** That’s one stylish family! Queen Letizia of Spain wears $100 wedges alongside her mini-me daughters Leonor and Sofia..**
Old 07-30-2018, 04:57 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlota View Post
letizia has always done that. her hands were all over leonor and sofia for some reason at every possible photocall.
I think Letizia is one of those (many) mothers who still see their children as their "little babies" regardless of how old they are. Perhaps the times when the girls were both toddlers and young children were the happiest for Letizia and she likes to hold on to those times, forgetting sometimes that Leonor and Sofia are nearly teenagers now and no longer little girls.
Though I do agree that sometimes even I forget that the girls are as old as they are because of how Letizia (and often Queen Sofia too) act towards them in regards to hand gestures etc.

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 07-30-2018, 05:52 PM
Heir Presumptive

I think Leonor is very young looking, still child-like instead of teen. Though she is almost 13 years old, she is taking longer to mature physically and maybe that's one of the reasons for child outfits and for Letizia being "my baby girl".

Some girls grow extremely fast and I've known 12/13 year olds that looked like 18/19. But she will grow up soon (..)

As for Sofia, I find the opposite. She is 11 years old, but she is so tall that I would give her sister's age. I wish I could see Sofia stand beside Isabella of Denmark and Ariane of The Netherlands (the 3 of them were born in April 2007), to see who is the tallest. I'm sooo curious.
Old 07-30-2018, 07:12 PM
Majesty

Good to hear that they enjoyed their time in the US and practices their English :)

You would think that an experience like that might also help them mature...
Old 07-31-2018, 02:38 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

I'd take any bet that the girls have been growing up with english and have been on native level ever since, of course its different to be around kids from all over the world with different accents but they will almost certainly have a native governess etc. at home.
Old 07-31-2018, 11:18 AM
Administrator

Here's another gallery and an article about today's outing:

** gettyimages gallery **

** dailymail: Happy families! Queen Letizia of Spain and her mother-in-law Sofia put on a beaming display as..**
Old 07-31-2018, 03:27 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Nice photos of the family visiting the market today, it looks as if they're enjoying their annual break in Palma.
I don't blame Sofia for using the portable fan, I just went out and got one myself a few days ago. As a factor of the global heatwave it's also been very hot in Spain lately too, and I don't know the temperature in Palma/Mallorca but I heard that some parts of Spain are almost 50 degrees in heat (I've been to Ibiza in 42 degrees heat before and I could barely make a trip to the beach).

Old 08-01-2018, 03:27 AM
Majesty

he/she who does not believe that this 'visit to the market' was staged does not know the SRF well enough

to me, it screams that they felt they needed 'family time in front of the cameras' specially after letizia and sofia's issues in palma in easter to show that they hang out together and like each other. including leonor and sofia was needed as that drama also damaged leonor's reputation as a well-mannered child (not that i ascribe any blame in that to the poor kid, who was being handled back and forth by mum and grandma).

there is an air of 'officialness' in this market visit that makes me think this was totally staged to give the media some reasons to think they are the idyllic family they once were before all the dramas that hit the SRF as of late.
Old 08-01-2018, 04:50 AM
Imperial Majesty

It's August, Mallorca and the Copa del Rey Week ... there are dozens of photographers and journalists on the island, any outing is photographed, they have no need to notify the photographers.

This is the end of the walk, according to the local media, they bought fruits and bread in an ecological market before and from that visit there are no images. The time it takes for photographers to arrive from the port where the regatta is held to the place where they are.

All the grandchildren of Sofia are taught to go hand in hand with the grandmother when there are photographers ... it has been that way for years and the press loved it. Now the children have grown up and it is ridiculous, but I think that Sofia does not know how to act in any other way, and since her image as a great grandmother has benefited her a lot, she continues with it.

Day 3 - 37th Copa del Rey Mapfre Sailing Cup

https://twitter.com/CopaReyMAPFRE/st...16522608721920
https://twitter.com/CopaReyMAPFRE/st...02518901456898

Day 3 - 37th Copa del Rey Mapfre Sailing Cup - Zimbio
Old 08-01-2018, 02:20 PM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlota View Post
he/she who does not believe that this 'visit to the market' was staged does not know the SRF well enough

to me, it screams that they felt they needed 'family time in front of the cameras' specially after letizia and sofia's issues in palma in easter to show that they hang out together and like each other. including leonor and sofia was needed as that drama also damaged leonor's reputation as a well-mannered child (not that i ascribe any blame in that to the poor kid, who was being handled back and forth by mum and grandma).

there is an air of 'officialness' in this market visit that makes me think this was totally staged to give the media some reasons to think they are the idyllic family they once were before all the dramas that hit the SRF as of late.
Of course its totally staged and Grandma loves it, plays even more into her cards since the War of the queens.
Old 08-01-2018, 04:35 PM
Imperial Majesty

The Royal Family attend Ara Malikian Concert

https://www.ppe-agency.com/show.php?...rch=01-08-2018 Mallorca

https://www.diariodemallorca.es/mult...t-adriano.html
Old 08-01-2018, 05:01 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by lula View Post
It's August, Mallorca and the Copa del Rey Week ... there are dozens of photographers and journalists on the island, any outing is photographed, they have no need to notify the photographers.

This is the end of the walk, according to the local media, they bought fruits and bread in an ecological market before and from that visit there are no images. The time it takes for photographers to arrive from the port where the regatta is held to the place where they are.

All the grandchildren of Sofia are taught to go hand in hand with the grandmother when there are photographers ... it has been that way for years and the press loved it. Now the children have grown up and it is ridiculous, but I think that Sofia does not know how to act in any other way, and since her image as a great grandmother has benefited her a lot, she continues with it.
I agree lula, I think it seems to be the norm for most sightings of the SRF now to be staged; and more so now perhaps after Easter's cathedral-gate. (Though I did think that the photoshoot, even though it was a planned official shoot, was one of the most natural photoshoots they've had since Letizia's 40th birthday photos).
It was fine when the grandchildren were younger and still children, but now they're all teenagers or pre-teens now, it feels a bit much to be clung onto Sofia's hand for the whole photoshoot. There was footage of Leonor at Easter trying to break away from Sofia's hand whilst they were posing for photos, so it seems that the girls are understandably starting to get somewhat tired of it as well now that they're older. It does seem very much that Sofia is still clinging to her "doting grandmother" image even now.

Old 08-02-2018, 01:28 AM
Administrator

Here are some more photos of the family's attendance at the concert last night:

** josepgegundez.photoshelter gallery **

** gettyimages/zimbio gallery: Spanish Royals Attend Ara Malikian Concert **
Old 08-02-2018, 01:40 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

By arguing in public with sofia, letizia did a great disservice not only to herself (perceived as rude towards her MIL) but also to her daughter, leonor now has to prove at every outing that she is devoted to granny, the constant Hand Holding is ridiculous.
Old 08-02-2018, 03:36 AM
Courtier

Is there any other photo opportunities planned this summer? At the sailing club, or another family outing?
Old 08-02-2018, 09:24 AM
Imperial Majesty

Day 4 -37th Copa del Rey Mapfre Sailing Cup

Day 4 - 37th Copa del Rey Mapfre Sailing Cup - Zimbio