Spanish Royal Family Summer Holidays 2017 - 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there a reason the Irene seems to spend all her time hanging out with Sofia. Is she married? Does she have children/grandchildren of her own?

She isn't married. Neither is Sofia, one could say. It's largely why they spend so much time together.

Is there a reason the Irene seems to spend all her time hanging out with Sofia. Is she married? Does she have children/grandchildren of her own?

Princess Irene never married, she remained single all her life so she has no children or grandchildren.
Princess Irene has lived in the Zarzuela Palace with her sister for many years.

Princess Irene never married, she remained single all her life so she has no children or grandchildren.
Princess Irene has lived in the Zarzuela Palace with her sister for many years.

Than you for clarifying that

She has reportedly a few long-term relationships that never amounted marriage.

She was reportedly involved with Prince Michel d'Orleans in the 1960s. But then he met his first wife Beatrice and married her.

There also seems the suggestion she was involved for some time with an equerry of her brother.

Irene has been living with her sister in Spain since 1981. While her mother was alive she traveled with her. Frederica died while visiting Sofia in Madrid.

Nice to see the family are in Mallorca - I wonder if we'll get the usual photoshoot this year or not?

Last edited:
odd that letizia is in the back and leonor in the front - as if they wanted to show / give visibility to the heir

King Felipe VI, Queen Letizia, Princess Leonor and Infanta Sofia have visited the municipality of Petra on Monday afternoon.
Infanta Sofia gives the surprise by appearing injured in the knee.

https://www.hola.com/realeza/casa_espanola/20200810173413/reyes-felipe-letizia-petra-mallorca/

https://www.semana.es/casas-reales/...rece-muleta-pina-mallorca-20200810-002235359/

https://www.diezminutos.es/familia-real/monarquia-espanola/a33563693/reyes-leonor-sofia-petra/
I wonder what happened with Sofía. Knee injury's can be pretty painful and sometimes have long lasting effects (at least that's my personal experience). But it's great that it doesn't withhold her from being out and about.

The Infanta Sofia is almost as tall as her mother!

Infanta Cristina is spending at least part of her summer in Bidart (Basque Country) where her in-laws typically spend the summer (see link).

Infanta Cristina is spending at least part of her summer in Bidart (Basque Country) where her in-laws typically spend the summer (see link).

The Infanta seems to be quite close to her mother in law,Claire Liebaert.

I guess we've seen before that the princess of Asturias is left-handed but I had forgotten.

Official audiences, and visits with crowds and press coverage. It doesn't look like much of a vacation; more like business as usual.

Last edited by a moderator:
Its always been a working holiday.

Video from the Visit to Naüm Socio-Educational Centre

Last edited:
Sofía's knee seems to be improving fast; no bandage around the knee but just a band aid left. But still a crutch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom