Spanish Royal Family Summer Holidays 2017 - 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Let's hope they win and he can hand out "his cup" to his team for the first time!

Let's hope they win and he can hand out "his cup" to his team for the first time!

Wouldn't that be a wonderful end to the holidays in Mallorca!

Don Felipe and his sister Doña Victoria Federica watching the Copa del Rey today,lovely to see the kings mother,sister and nice/nephew out supporting him.

PPE Agency

Didn't Letizia as princess attend these award ceremonies? Does she no longer attend them?

King Felipe, Queen Letizia and their daughters visit an exhibition on Picasso and Miró at the Can Prunera Museum in Soller

In the Marivent photoshoot they wanted to pay homage to the Miró family for the sculptures they had given to exhibit to the public in Marivent Gardens, but the large number of journalists and photographers did not allow them to take the photoshoot at the chosen location. So now they have organized this visit to a Miró exhibition.

@alexandropress
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DGiNppFXYAE5U5V.jpg
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DGiNppEXUAAMmNX.jpg
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DGiOA4CW0AAThUR.jpg

Los Reyes y sus hijas, mañana cultural como despedida de sus vacaciones en Mallorca

Letizia, Felipe y sus hijas: paseo en familia por Sóller

Los Reyes y sus hijas visitan la exposición de Miró y Picasso en Can Prunera de Sóller - Diario de Mallorca

080617 Spanish Royals visit Soller - Images | jose gegundez | photographer

Spanish Royals Visit Can Prunera Museum In Soller - Palma de Mallorca - Zimbio

Queen Letizia visits an exhibition with her family | Daily Mail Online

Last edited:
:previous: It's soooo great they have chosen such a cultural activity. I've read that it were Picasso and Miró's own grandchildren who showed the exhibition to the family. So nice.

Great to see them taking part in photoshoots with more substance than holidays or sports, IMO, and mingling with the locals.

Last edited:
Lovely to see some interaction with Leonor and Sofia with the public and hopefully the girls enjoyed the exhibition on Picasso too!

It was nice to see the photos of the family on the walkabout - it's making me want to return to Palma again! Leonor and Sofia both seem to be quite confident, in the videos and photos they didn't appear as shy when waving to the crowds given the fact that there were no barriers to separate the crowds from them.

:previous: Thank you for the photos, An Ard Ri. I haven't been following Elena's family thread for a while so I thought Victoria Federica looked quite grown up in these photos!

:previous: It is indeed! The younger Spanish royals are all growing up so fast, I can't believe that Leonor's going to be twelve next year too.

On August 4, after the official reception at La Almudaina, F&L were spotted in Old Town Palma going for a private dinner:

Realeza Española

Last edited:
Letizia is getting very bad press for her short stay at Mallorca, the image is that there is no love lost between the Queen and the island. She only spent as little time as possible there and did 2 photoshoots that could not be avoided (the second shoot in Soller had to be done because the Miro sculptures in the Marivent gardens could not be included in the first shoot and they had to say thank you in some way), did not join her husband at the copa del rey (like Beatrice Borromeo), only greeted people very very shortly before the reception (unlike Felipe) and snapped at reporters in Soller who wanted to ask the girls a question about the exhibition.

Letizia contesta muy seria a los periodistas en Mallorca
https://translate.google.de/transla.../letizia-periodistas-mallorca_181119_102.html

Letizia is getting very bad press for her short stay at Mallorca, the image is that there is no love lost between the Queen and the island. She only spent as little time as possible there and did 2 photoshoots that could not be avoided (the second shoot in Soller had to be done because the Miro sculptures in the Marivent gardens could not be included in the first shoot and they had to say thank you in some way), did not join her husband at the copa del rey (like Beatrice Borromeo), only greeted people very very shortly before the reception (unlike Felipe) and snapped at reporters in Soller who wanted to ask the girls a question about the exhibition.

Letizia contesta muy seria a los periodistas en Mallorca
https://translate.google.de/transla.../letizia-periodistas-mallorca_181119_102.html

i didn't know she snapped at reporters in soller... :ermm: apparently she said 'do not look for headlines. the girls liked the exposition very much. they won't say anything else'. i don't see the point to be so controlling and to snap at the reporters like that. what harm can it do to let leonor and sofia say what they thought? as if it was a crime to have an opinion! even if they pronounced their opinion, how is it even the press would deform anything they say about an exhibition? how very silly and controlling. a total different attitude to press with respect to other monarchies which let kids speak freely to the press!

and totally ignoring sofia at the entrance of the palace is simply rude. how does felipe allow that sort of snub?

but well, this is not new news. letizia, for several years, has only visited mallorca for summer as part of her activities and not because she deems it as holiday. her holiday starts after mallorca, when they head to some secret destination. gone are the days of JC and sofia, where mallorca was part of their holiday and a very likeable one. i don't think letizia sees it as such. a part of it is understandable: as soon as she goes out, she is threading on eggs, where the press will criticise anything she does anyway (usually, her short skirts and whether she hangs out or not with the urdangarin kids - not that those things are not easily solvable by not using short skirts or by keeping her distances with the urdangarins).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom