Spanish Royal Family Summer Holidays 2017 - 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
As with previous years the King,Queen and Queen Mother :previous:

I always knew, since years ago, that this forum would really stink once Leonor had reached her teenager years and from then on.

Wow, once again, spot on :cool::graduate:?

Some were really bitting their tongues not to hate on an under 14 years old. Must have been hard years of waiting, weren't them?

:previous: I don't get people who are so negative towards anyone, especially minors, but to me it looks as if Leonor has some sort of social anxiety. As someone who had anxiety and depression at that age and still do now (not that I'm saying Leonor has those, because I don't like to presume such things on someone so young) I used to hold my mother's hand a lot as a security blanket to the point where I would have a panic attack if I was in public, particularly in a crowded place, and she let go. Perhaps Leonor has a less severe version of this and for now, needs to hold Felipe's hand to feel secure - especially as she has to face paparazzi, which was an issue I obviously didn't have!

Reception a La Almudaina Palace

https://www.que.es/ultimas-noticias...casa-museo-son-marroig-junto-a-sus-hijas.html

The King and queen visit today the Son Marroig House Museum with their daughters. The house was home to the archduke Luis Salvador of Austria

I always knew, since years ago, that this forum would really stink once Leonor had reached her teenager years and from then on.

Wow, once again, spot on :cool::graduate:?

Some were really bitting their tongues not to hate on an under 14 years old. Must have been hard years of waiting, weren't them?

:flowers::flowers::flowers:

Unfortunately Leonor is so beautiful and delicate, that it could not be otherwise. The feelings are the same as towards his mother. So much perfection is hardly bearable. And especially if she is the daughter of another beauty, daughter of Queen Letizia.

Last edited by a moderator:
Last edited by a moderator:
The two little princesses are beauties, but Leonor has a very special beauty that is rarely given. You have to look at it because it cannot be indifferent to anyone. Sweet romantic beauty that makes you dream.
They were very attentive to the explanations, but they laughed a lot and joked between the two sisters. And in the photo of the balcony, Leonor looked like a "Juliet" waiting for her Romero hahaha ... They all had a great time.

This year's Summer Holiday is the most stunning. Leonor and Sofia are the loveliest royal children.

So glad they take Queen Sophia with them she is always part of the family.

Son Marroig looks gorgeous! The linguistics-nerd side of me can't help but notice that Marroig doesn't sound like a very Spanish name, unless it's a Catalan name it sounds more Scottish Gaelic if anything. It'd be interesting to know about the history of the place (all I could find was that it was the residence of an Austrian Archduke in the mid-Victorian period).
Leonor and Sofia look gorgeous, too ? Felipe is like fine wine - he gets better as he ages! :D

Son Marroig looks gorgeous! The linguistics-nerd side of me can't help but notice that Marroig doesn't sound like a very Spanish name, unless it's a Catalan name it sounds more Scottish Gaelic if anything. It'd be interesting to know about the history of the place (all I could find was that it was the residence of an Austrian Archduke in the mid-Victorian period).
Leonor and Sofia look gorgeous, too ? Felipe is like fine wine - he gets better as he ages! :D

Marroig doesn't sound Spanish-Spanish at all. Maybe it's Mallorquin. The endings in g, are not typical of Castilian.

Archduke Luis Salvador is the grandson of the infanta María Luisa de Borbón, daughter of Carlos III and María Amalía de Saxony, who was the infanta of Spain, Great duchess consort of Tuscany and later empress consort of the Holy Germanic Romanesque Empire .... Maria Luisa She was a daughter-in-law of Maria Teresa I of Austria and a sister-in-law among others, of Marie Antoinette. The eternal marriages between Spanish Habsburgos and Habsburgos descendants of Spanish but German or Austrian

The parents are doing such a great job raising the girls. I think Sofia should be educated just like Leonor because she is the spare then she wouldn't left out and feel less than. Then the girls could discuss the current events and other issues. They are a lovely family.

As per this article the estate was previously known as the Foradada dels Masroig and was owned by Gabriel Masroig de la Foradada in the 17th century it could be a variation of his name?

https://www.abc-mallorca.com/son-marroig/

Former King Juan Carlos of Spain and his daughter, Princess Elena, have enjoyed Finland and its cool climate.
The higher the status, the more relaxed and comfortable the person is.
This is at least the case with the Spanish royals, who have delighted in Hanko with their natural behavior.
King Juan Carlos and his daughter Princess Elena have been enjoying the whole week in Hanko and its maritime atmosphere.
The Emeritus King, 81, has participated in the 6mR Classic Boat World Championship with his crew.
The King, who has won several World Championship and European Championship titles with his crew on his Bribon Gallant boat, arrived early Thursday with other competitors in the Eastern Port of Hanko. There was no wind at sea and the race was interrupted.
As the boat came into the harbor on the pier, his daughter, Princess Elena, was waiting with a SLR camera.
- I'm cheering for my father and capture his competitions with my camera always when it is possible, relaxed and friendly Elena said Ilta-Sanomat.
During a nice chat, the princess revealed that she had had time to visit Helsinki and Turku with her friends. She was happy to be able to walk unidentified in the streets.
- Beautiful cities, the right size. There are nice people in Finland, the princess, who visits Finland for the first time, admired.
Ossi Paija, chairman of the Finnish 6mR Alliance, said that the presence of king Juan Carlos has increased interest and enthusiasts to the sport.
The royal family has a magnificent Marivent summer palace in Mallorca, but the princess said her children were vacationing in the mainland in southern Spain.
- My mother (Queen Sofia) is in Mallorca and I think my brother (King Felipe) is currently staying there with his family, Elena said.
Sailing is in the royal blood of spanish royals. Juan Carlos, a former naval school student, has even participated in the Olympics and his son has also sailed for the Olympics.
Now, however, they were in Hanko, and before the race was interrupted due to a lack of wind, Juan Carlos' crew was clearly in the lead.
After arriving at the port, Juan Carlos chatted with his crew for quite some time and went through the day's events. Juan Carlos had also some time to talk with Ilta-Sanomat.
- Finland has fresh and wonderful air, not too hot at all. We in Spain have an unbearable heat, Juan Carlos said, shaking his head.
The calm and informal Juan Carlos, however, regretted the interruption.
In Finland, the royal gentleman is accompanied by as many as 20 people and everyone's flight had to be delayed. However, Princess Elena said it wouldn't hurt them - it's so beautiful in Finland.
- The day went fine, but it was a shame that there was no wind, said the king who stayed at a private accommodation in Hanko and gave a kiss on the hand.
King Juan Carlos and his crew won the world championship again.
After sitting for a while in his boat, the king went to the minivan waiting for him. On the way there he stopped and talked kindly with the members of the crews of the other boats as well as with ordinary people.
And what was most exhilarating to the Finnish republicans, the king was happy to pose at the photos.
In 2020, the 6mR European Championships will be in Spain, as will the 2021 World Cup.
Espanjan ex-kuningas Juan Carlos kilpaili Hangossa – ihastui ikihyviksi suomalaisen kesän erikoispiirteeseen - Kuninkaalliset - Ilta-Sanomat

From Twitter of Rita Tainola, the journalist who wrote the article

From Twitter of Tiina Jortikka, ambassador of Finland to Madrid

Last edited:
I like the photos at Son Marroig more than the official photo call at Marivent. Everyone looks relaxed and happy and it seems like it was a gorgeous Spanish summer day.

Pardon my ignorance but how was it known the family was at Son Marroig? Do the press stake out Marivent and follow the family wherever they go? Or are they called and informed.
I hope they will be able to leave Spain soon and disappear to somewhere remote and unknown to the press to fully relax and unwind.

As per this article the estate was previously known as the Foradada dels Masroig and was owned by Gabriel Masroig de la Foradada in the 17th century it could be a variation of his name?

https://www.abc-mallorca.com/son-marroig/

Interesting - thank you An Ard Ri. I think you might be right, or at least this seems like the closest we'll come to knowing!

Marroig doesn't sound Spanish-Spanish at all. Maybe it's Mallorquin. The endings in g, are not typical of Castilian.

Interesting - I haven't been to Mallorca for a few years so I can't remember what Mallorquin looked like, even though I probably saw some roadsigns/street signs.

That is an surprising idea but it actually makes sense. Spain has no immediate history of a female Regnant so having a sister and friend she could share with who has a greater knowledge than your average person.

Actually we had Isabel II as the last queen in her own right but before her mother, Maria Cristina de Borbón-Dos Sicilias was regent "the governor queen", then her own daughter Isabel, and later the wife of her son María Cristina de Habsburg -Lorena, "the regent queen" with a very long regency since Alfonso XIII was born after the death of King Alfonso XII ... Of all, only the latter and Isabel the Catholic are renewed as good in their position. We really had three generations of queens on the throne, by right or as regents

The parents are doing such a great job raising the girls. I think Sofia should be educated just like Leonor because she is the spare then she wouldn't left out and feel less than. Then the girls could discuss the current events and other issues. They are a lovely family.

At some point, their functions will have to be separated, but it will be at the time that Sofia understands her supporting role to Leonor.
For now it is good that the girls go together everywhere. They will go to the Princess of Asturias awards, ... and if I remember correctly, Felipe's sisters never went.
At a certain moment, Leonor will begin to have activities of the heir and Sofia will have others. It is unavoidable.

Princess Leonor and Infanta Sofia will continue for a while to appear together in official acts. But within a few years Leonor will assume his duties as crown heiress and Sofia will also have other functions in the royal house. I think Leonor and Sofia are being well prepared for their different roles, but at the moment it makes sense that they appear together in official acts.

This is what was behind the "apparent peace" of the final inn .... The place is quite remote, so it is difficult to imagine how many photographers and cameras "the royal family" supports each time they leave or pose for the press.
The girls behave so well, that it is admirable with so much fuss.
Sorry if you can't put the direct YouTube link, but I don't know how to do it any other way

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom