Spanish Royal Family Summer Holidays 2014 - 2016

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Do King Felipe and Queen Letizia ever go to bullfights?

i find it interesting that in this article, it mentions that felipe and letizia actually called the press when they went out for a private dinner to the seafood restaurant near the royal palace, and also when they went out to the cinema to watch that richard linklater movie. i didn't actually think they did these 'staged photoshoots', so i am a bit perplexed. i wonder how many other times the pictures the paparazzi got were staged too, as they seem to see them out and about fairly often, at the movies or other restaurants, or even shopping (for letizia).

i think it is somewhat irrelevant (i thought they had better things to do) but understand they have an image to keep up with - where they want to appear down to earth and dissipate rumours of extravagant holidays abroad as much as they can.

There have been many occasions when photographers took some down to earth pictures, how convenient. Felipe and letizia know how to play the game, too. I remember letizia grocery shopping looking like a housewife or withdrawing Money from a Cash machine, that was really desperate pr, who are they trying to kid? So yes, they want to appear als normal aus possible while living the luxury life behind closed Doors just like Most other royals.

I think it is a bit unfair to say that they set up a photo ops or that they call the media when it is convenient. Sure, F&L both understand the importance of good pr, but the don't do anything different from other royal couples imo.

I wish they staged a new official pic of the Queen too. As far as I know it's still missing.

There have been many occasions when photographers took some down to earth pictures, how convenient. Felipe and letizia know how to play the game, too. I remember letizia grocery shopping looking like a housewife or withdrawing Money from a Cash machine, that was really desperate pr, who are they trying to kid? So yes, they want to appear als normal aus possible while living the luxury life behind closed Doors just like Most other royals.

Well, of course they all do. But, they don't have to "call" photographers, it is their only job to catch certain people and sell the photos. These voyeurs make quite a good deal of money selling these shots. We all know, if someone doesn't want to be photographed, they stay inside. Think about it. You never saw Queen Elizabeth II at cash machine or grocery shopping as someone is made to do for her. All her photos are planned. That being said, most of the above mentioned photos were well prior to Letizia becoming Queen. I personally feel that the Dutch have the correct idea. No photos to be published without permission or you get sued, big time. I still believe the British and the American voyeurs are the worse. Nothing seems to be sacred with them.

Last edited:
Well, of course they all do. But, they don't have to "call" photographers, it is their only job to catch certain people and sell the photos. These voyeurs make quite a good deal of money selling these shots. We all know, if someone doesn't want to be photographed, they stay inside. Think about it. You never saw Queen Elizabeth II at cash machine or grocery shopping as someone is made to do for her. All her photos are planned. That being said, most of the above mentioned photos were well prior to Letizia becoming Queen. I personally feel that the Dutch have the correct idea. No photos to be published without permission or you get sued, big time. I still believe the British and the American voyeurs are the worse. Nothing seems to be sacred with them.

Yes, they all do, eg like Mary, taking out the trash, when a photographer is around. What a joke! It was during the early years when Mary got heat from the press that she spends too much money.

Letizia at the cash machine and doing grocery shopping with plastic bags was when the recession in Spain was really bad, as if to say, I lead a normal life just like you guys, while the reality could be no more different. But it always looks good to go to the same cinema or the same restaurants like ordinary folks and you can count on paparazzi or the ordinary folk's mobile phones to get this impression to the public.

As usual when it comes to this outlet they're wrong. The ship they claim the RF rented wasn't booked that week: http://s6.eestatic.com/2016/08/30/actualidad/Actualidad_151746849_15096936_1280x1706.jpg

i find it interesting that in this article, it mentions that felipe and letizia actually called the press when they went out for a private dinner to the seafood restaurant near the royal palace, and also when they went out to the cinema to watch that richard linklater movie. i didn't actually think they did these 'staged photoshoots', so i am a bit perplexed. i wonder how many other times the pictures the paparazzi got were staged too, as they seem to see them out and about fairly often, at the movies or other restaurants, or even shopping (for letizia).

i think it is somewhat irrelevant (i thought they had better things to do) but understand they have an image to keep up with - where they want to appear down to earth and dissipate rumours of extravagant holidays abroad as much as they can.

They obviously didn't alert the press when they went to the movies since there's not a single photo and the source was regular people on twitter. Later the press picked it up. And considering how thorough and factually correct this whole article is ;) who knows if they are right about the dinner.

They sometimes call the press in their private time, it's very well known that Queen Sofia called Hola every Christmas when she went out with her grandchildren, or that she called Hola during her first trip to DC after Urdangarín's case became public to show her support, which backfired spectacularly.

I'm a little late (as usual tonight, haha) but I loved seeing the photos from the usual photoshoot of Felipe and his family. Leonor and Sofia are gorgeous and I love their dresses. Sofia is catching up with their older sister in the terms of height, I've often thought that the two could pass for unidentical twins.

Leonor and Sofia looking precious :wub:

That's a beautiful photo of the girls! Precious indeed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom