Spanish Royal Easter Vacations (2007-2014)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Those girls are so precious. I can't really decide which one of their parents the girls look more alike. I think they look like both, the perfect mix.

It's obvious that the Infantas will be fading into the background more and more, now being absent at one of the most traditional events of the SRF. I am sure they don't mind at all. Yesterday's presentation was about the SRF of the future, focussing on the CPs & their children.

The kids are cute, no question, especially Leonor is a very beautiful girl. It's a matter of opinion but I usually prefer the more natural tomboy version to girls being dressed up like dolls, ready to go on a children's fashion runway. Letizia adjusting Leonor's (already perfectly styled) hair 5 times when getting out of the car is too much for me. Leonor clearly feels comfortable with the media and likes to pose what will be quite helpful for her future life; Sofia doesn't enjoy the circus as much, she is more the grumpy type who has to be reminded to wave and smile from time to time.

And as usual JC didn't bother to show any affection towards his 2 youngest grandkids (one of them supposed to be his 2nd successor), even though there were plenty of opportunities. Instead he did the usual copy / paste bodylanguage, "get me out of here", when posing with the rest of the family, keeping his arms firmly crossed behind his back.
http://picture.belga.be/belgapicture/picture/13397177.html
http://www.gettyimages.com/detail/85919895/WireImage

Last edited:
It's obvious that the Infantas will be fading into the background more and more, now being absent at one of the most traditional events of the SRF. I am sure they don't mind at all. Yesterday's presentation was about the SRF of the future, focussing on the CPs & their children.

The kids are cute, no question, especially Leonor is a very beautiful girl. It's a matter of opinion but I usually prefer the more natural tomboy version to girls being dressed up like dolls, ready to go on a children's fashion runway. Letizia adjusting Leonor's (already perfectly styled) hair 5 times when getting out of the car is too much for me. Leonor clearly feels comfortable with the media and likes to pose what will be quite helpful for her future life; Sofia doesn't enjoy the circus as much, she is more the grumpy type who has to be reminded to wave and smile from time to time.

And as usual JC didn't bother to show any affection towards his 2 youngest grandkids (one of them supposed to be his 2nd successor), even though there were plenty of opportunities. Instead he did the usual copy / paste bodylanguage, "get me out of here", when posing with the rest of the family, keeping his arms firmly crossed behind his back.
Picture details
Getty Images - Spanish Royals Attend Easter Mass in Mallorca
Is Sofia even 2 yet?! I find it ridiculous to label a child of 2 as "grumpy" just because she didn't smile for the cameras. She was probably completely overwhelmed by the flashes, noise and masses of people!

we can't compare Leonor and Sofia! they are 2 beautiful little girls! Leonor will be 4 at the end of this year and she's a truely little girl! Sofia will be 2 in a few days and she still has her baby face!
Maybe Leonor will be more confident but they 're only children so they certainly don't understand what's going on with their family!

Let them be just children and still be adorable as they are right now!

Do spanish people know for what reason the infantas were not attended the easter mass in Palma??? I think they're less and less present during events with the royal family

the girls look adorable. leonor is looking everyday more like her mum and sofia is growing up little by little. letizia looked great in her beige jacket, quite a nice choice for spring!

Leonor & Sofía look adorable. They're very cute & beautiful girls. It's very good to see them.:flowers:

I want Leonor and Sofia's shoes. I wish they had one in my size.:D

I agree with Duke of Marmelade. The King is totally different, when he is with his other grandchildren. What a shame that the Infantas weren´t present. Their children are marvelous and so much more natural than the two infantitas.

The little Infantas are so incredibly beautiful :heart:. It`s lovely to see them holding their hands, Leonor seems to be a big sister who protects the younger one. They behave very well.

These girls are so cute. I'm especially partial to Leonor. In my opinion, Leonor looks more like Felipe and Sofia looks more like Letizia.

Beautiful... Beautiful... Beautiful..:wub::easterbunny:
I am also very partical to little Leonor, to me she is one of the most beautiful children I have ever seen. Sofia is cute, but Leo is beautiful. It is funny, Sofia is almost as tall as Leo, she must take after her father. I think Leo looks a lot like Grandma Sofia. Those girls are both blessed with gorgeous genes.:flowers:

Elena was said to be busy moving to her new flat. Cristina and her family might go holiday somewhere else. Spain is greatly effected by the current economic crisis, it's not a good time for the RF to use yacht or boats. The old man Penafiel already complained about the cost of Fortune leaving the port each time. There is not much to do in Mallorca this time of the year, Cristina has 3 active boys, they can't just sit home and do nothing :cool:. All four kids are older now, the family can travel far together. The Princes have their duties, so they came over only for the weekend and attended the Sunday mass. Not so much for the Infantas. Since their brother got married with children, they are more free to do what they want to do. This year there will be other occasions for the family photos, for example, the first communion of Juan Valentine, Pavlos and Victoria.

Is Sofia even 2 yet?! I find it ridiculous to label a child of 2 as "grumpy" just because she didn't smile for the cameras. She was probably completely overwhelmed by the flashes, noise and masses of people!

Exactly. Sofia behaved the same way as the kids of the Infantas at the same age. Leonor is an exception who has shown no fears to the cameras or crowds since very young (the days she visited her little sister at the hospital).

Originally Posted by Little_star

i actually thought she was lovely. i remember some pictures in which she just wouldn't stop waving to the cameras, incredibly sweet.

thanks for the link princess of europe, that's a nice lookback! i think this outfit (with 2004's) is my favourite out of those letizia wore in easter mass.

Oh but these little girls are dolls indeed! They are so precious and beautiful! :wub:

They have indeed pretty faces but IMO what is more beautiful on them is how sweet they both seem to be. They look so happy, amazing family Felipe and Letizia have.
I also love the girls dresses.

I agree the King don't really look as the most tender grandfather of this world (well, only jugding by looking at pictures, of course). He never touches these grandchildren in public. If the king was a cold man I could somehow understand him, but he is not one. He was too caring and loving with his children Felipe, Elena and Cristina.

I didn't know that Pablo, Juan and Victoria are going to receive their first comunion this year!, that's nice :)

the absence of the infantas is a much discussed topic across the spanish media:
Vanitatis.com - ¿Dónde estaban las Infantas?
¿Dónde estaban las infantas? · ELPAÍS.com

because the mass is a private event, there is no explanation. for sure it's a break with tradition. the infantas and their families have been more absent than usual in the past months or year (last year mallorca) but the easter mass is another obvious step.

where they were that's private, rumours say that elena was in malaga and her children were with their father in andalusia whilst cristina and her family are thought to have travelled abroad.

To pitty that eastre vacations 2009 is resume to photos of the Easter Mass. Haven´t they go out?? To pitty that we also can get to see these little two twice or three times a year. Summer vacations, Christmas and Easter.

Back
Top Bottom