Spanish Royal Easter Vacations (2007-2014)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
:previous: Now, that is something for the RF to be worried about, not how their little ones dress or behave :whistling:

I do not know what a "tom-boy" dress looks like, and less I do not understand why a girl should dress like a boy to go to church or anywhere. :ermm: I think the infantas appear to be normal and beautiful girls and each in their own way already give us a glimpse into their own personalities and preferences. Their parents are doing a great job in bringing them up in their roles as royals.

Well . . .and I am not going to hide under the chair, but will enjoy my afternoon cup of tea :tea:
I agree with you. The Infantas appear to be properly indoctrinated into proper apperance and behaviour. It is the behavior of children that are raised with loving parents that teach the children what it expected when you are out in public, royal or not.

I like the strong sister unity Leonor and Sofia seem to have. Leonor is a very gracious girl, and Sofia is lovely in an other way. To me it seems that the girls are a part of a very loving family with grandparents and aunts.
The spanish culture and religion is totally different than those in Scandinavia, and they should not be compared. But I think that if the children are at the churchyard, they should behave exactly the way Leonor and Sofia are doing. All children don't have to be rebellious.
I don't think that the girls are styled "picture perfect". In Almagro they had normal every day outfits. When you go to a Mass you of course dress differently.
Doña Letizia y el príncipe Felipe, la infanta Elena y la reina doña Sofía, en la misa de Pascua en Palma - Realeza - Gente MujerdeElite
Photos
http://www.mujerdeelite.com/articul...eina-dona-sofia-en-la-misa-de-pascua-en-palma

Last edited:
:previous:
It's probably a cultural thing. I love my sister dearly but to imagine my parents would have dressed us up like this and we would have to walk to church holding hands gives me the creeps.

Looking at these girls, I find them completely controlled/instructed, like child actors following a script. Having said that, this family and those girls are anything but normal. I guess Leonor & Sofia don't have some proper sibling fights because they have so much that there is nothing to fight about. They grow up in a family where image is everything and when I see those pictures I have to think of - although some part may be genuine - this fake family ethic of the SRF, to smile and give a fake appearance no matter what is going on in the background. In that respect, Sofia sr. is the best of all teachers to transform those girls into actresses and I don't blame them, since they wouldn't know any different.

Only time will tell if they are happy to spend their future life acting, its just that I will always prefer genuineness, even though it comes along with certain flaws.

Just to add, other royal families are similar, its only the the Spanish take it to the extreme.

Last edited:
The girls look beautiful & I love their spring outfits. It would've been nice to also see their cousins in the picture like the past.

:previous:
It's probably a cultural thing. I love my sister dearly but to imagine my parents would have dressed us up like this and we would have to walk to church holding hands gives me the creeps.

I, on the contrary, find it perfectly normal, since my sister and I used to be dressed up for the important events and we used to hold hands when we were walking next to our parents (my sister and I had a bigger age difference, though, which can explain it better).

I think that to be dressed up, even alike, and holding hands is a pretty common image on kids here. That reminds me a photo of Leonor in Almagro last week. It seems that they were talking with a family with two little girls. As you can see, both girls are dressed alike, with beautiful dresses and cardigans and bows in their hair, just as Leonor and Sofia are. And they´re normal girls and their parents probably didn´t now that they were to meet the princes and to be photographed, so no image questions here :lol: Just a Saturday´s walk of a normal family in a little town in Spain ;)

http://www.ondaalmagro.es/cpg145/albums/actualidad2013/principesalmagro/IMG_3682g.JPG

Same with the girl with her skirt and boots here, this one more modern-looking but not what I call a "tom-boy" style:
http://hcd-1.imgbox.com/adlXnU75.jpg?st=Sza3nrXEAeeJvYSzDGg_pw&e=1364814844

In fact, Leonor looks the worst dressed in both pictures :D
Of course, it isn´t like if Spanish children are dressed like that in their everyday lives. They wear confortable, less fashionable clothes most of the time (Leo and Sof also does, remember Almagro and the visit to their grandad at the hospital, for example), but Spanish parents (mostly mothers, I think :D) love to dress up their children from time to time.

And if normal families do that, how wouldn´t the CP couple for an Easter Mass during which they know that they´re going to be photographed and appear in the media?

From experience I'd say that Letizia is lucky in that respect that she has two girls, if she had two boys, I guess it would be a different matter, they are much harder to control (eg Froilan, William, Harry).

Irene Urdangarin is growing up with three older brothers, therefore a different type of girl.

I agree that it is important that the sisters have a close bond, they'll need it. At some point they will realize that they are not equal and that Sofia will have to find her own path in life without jeopardizing her sister's path (like QEII & Princess Marget who were always close despite a problematic adult life).

And that's the Easter Holidays in Mallorca over for another year,I assume most members of the royal Family have departed and arrived back on the mainland.

Easter Holidays 2014

Easter Holidays 2014

369px-Coat_of_Arms_of_Spanish_Monarch.svg.png

Last edited by a moderator:
As per media reports H.M.Queen Sofia accompanied by her sister,HRH Princess Irene arrived in Palma de Mallorca yesterday.

Do we know when the Asturias Family/Infanta Elena and children will arrive or if they've arrived already? I've checked Hola but there's no mentioning of them yet. On a slightly different note, it will be interesting whether Infanta Cristina and family will attend this year. I doubt it.

Judging from previous years,the rest of the Royal Family arrived later in the week either on Good Friday or Holy Saturday.Last year most of them were gone by Easter Monday and Infanta Elena's kids were in Soria with their father for the Easter holidays.

The Duke and Duchess of Palma de Mallorca are personata non grata I believe ?

This is sad because the King really likes Princess Christina's Sons.
How is his relationship with Prince Felipe's daughters?
Will Leonora be the future Queen of Spain

As per the weather stations its a cloudy morning in Palma de Mallorca and 18° Celsius,we should see members of the Royal Family arrive for Easter Sunday Mass shortly!

I love Leonor and Sofia's dresses. They are always so well dressed. Their hairstyles are lovely. This always looks so much more relaxed than the British royals attending Easter but that's mainly because they have hats and their finery one, whereas the Spanish look like any normal family attending church.

Back
Top Bottom