Spanish National Day (2006-2013)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Here's my fashion review if you will:):

Queen- well, she dressed like her typical "professional style" outfit. I would've expected something a little more than that. Nonetheless, she looked good.

Letizia- I actually liked her dress and her hair. But stockings? And I thought there's too much blue.

Elena- Perfect. :flowers:

Cristina- Boring and too dark. How can some people call her "very stylish" today? Her outfit screams "BORING". Besides I don't understand her skirt, it's like hanging weird or something. Very nice hair though.

Best-dressed: Elena
Worst-dressed: Cristina

In this picture she looks like one of Charlie's Angels.

And with those sunglasses she could have appeared in Kojak, only the lollipop is missing.

Sorry but Farrah Fawcett hair and Telly Savalas sunglasses are a big NoNo for the National Day :shock: (and not speaking of the short dress and those ugly grandma stockings).

ABC.es: nacional - nacional - «Me alegra veros a todos unidos»

" It makes me happy to meet all united "

All the sectors of the Spanish society, from the times of the Transition to the present day, overturned yesterday in the celebration of the National Day, and the Royal palace was on the verge of placing the cartel of "completely" during the receipt that there offered Their Majesties the Kings after the parade.

The guests who represent every year - high institutions of the State, of this Government and of the previous ones and representatives of all the sectors of the society-, were added yesterday by others that are not in the habit of coming to this type of acts, but that in these moments of antimonarchic offensive wanted to have " a gesture " with the Wreath.
(....)

Probably the presence of all these persons was the one that led him to affirming Don Juan Carlos: " makes me happy to meet all united", when one saw surrounded with journalists and invited them to drink with him and to celebrating the National Day. Also the King commented, when one asked him about the military parade, that that of yesterday was " one of the best ".

Near Don Juan Carlos, the Prince of Asturias was answering to the questions on his daughters, the Infantas Leonor and Sofia, of that Don Felipe was saying that still they were very young to take them to the parade. " They watch it on the TV ", was affirmed by him. And the Princess, with the hair wavy and dressed in blue, was proving to be very deceived for was able to go this year to the delivery of the prizes Prince of Asturias and very moved because on Wednesday, the 24th she will receive the title of Daughter of Oviedo, her natal city.

The Queen was speaking about her grandchildren, since yesterday she had the eight " in house ", and was making clear that they had had to place the beds in row in order that they were fitting all. She spoke what there loved her grandsons Felipe and Juan, that they are inseparable, and how together Leonor and Irene play, that they have grown together. Also said Dona Sofía that she was charmed with the debates that she saw for television, and directed a praise her daughter-in-law, the Princess of Asturias, for her facility to speak publicly. The Queen said that she admires her because " she has very much trade ".

All the sectors of the Spanish society, from the times of the Transition to the present day, overturned yesterday in the celebration of the National Day, and the Royal palace was on the verge of placing the cartel of "completely" during the receipt that there offered Their Majesties the Kings after the parade.

The guests who represent every year - high institutions of the State, of this Government and of the previous ones and representatives of all the sectors of the society-, were added yesterday by others that are not in the habit of coming to this type of acts, but that in these moments of antimonarchic offensive wanted to have " a gesture " with the Wreath.
(....)

Probably the presence of all these persons was the one that led him to affirming Don Juan Carlos: " makes me happy to meet all united", when one saw surrounded with journalists and invited them to drink with him and to celebrating the National Day. Also the King commented, when one asked him about the military parade, that that of yesterday was " one of the best ".

Near Don Juan Carlos, the Prince of Asturias was answering to the questions on his daughters, the Infantas Leonor and Sofia, of that Don Felipe was saying that still they were very young to take them to the parade. " They watch it on the TV ", was affirmed by him. And the Princess, with the hair wavy and dressed in blue, was proving to be very deceived for was able to go this year to the delivery of the prizes Prince of Asturias and very moved because on Wednesday, the 24th she will receive the title of Daughter of Oviedo, her natal city.

The Queen was speaking about her grandchildren, since yesterday she had the eight " in house ", and was making clear that they had had to place the beds in row in order that they were fitting all. She spoke what there loved her grandsons Felipe and Juan, that they are inseparable, and how together Leonor and Irene play, that they have grown together. Also said Dona Sofía that she was charmed with the debates that she saw for television, and directed a praise her daughter-in-law, the Princess of Asturias, for her facility to speak publicly. The Queen said that she admires her because " she has very much trade ".
Very nice anecdotes lula, thanks for posting them. Hope to see Irene and Leonor next year watching the parade already, the photographers will be very busy taking pictures of these two beautiful little girls :flowers: All 8 grandkids in the Zarzuela- maybe they did a family photoshoot for the christmas card :flowers:

Also said Dona Sofía that she was charmed with the debates that she saw for television, and directed a praise her daughter-in-law, the Princess of Asturias, for her facility to speak publicly. The Queen said that she admires her because " she has very much trade ".

Hmmm ... Letizia being praised for her facility to speak publicly ... I must have missed something ;)

Hmmm ... Letizia being praised for her facility to speak publicly ... I must have missed something ;)

Publicly isn't only in front of tv cameras, princes and kings have very meetings with many people without cameras....:rolleyes: f.e. yesterday into recepcion.

Doña Letizia reaparece en la recepción tras sus dos embarazos- Lavanguardia.es - Noticias, actualidad, última hora en Cataluña y España

Doña Letizia reappears at the reception after her two pregnancies

She commented yesterday that next year would like to see at least his eldest daughter, the Infanta Leonor, could attend the parade as they did yesterday his cousins Marichalar and Urdangarin. Doña Letizia surprised with a hairstyle wave, style in which coincided with Doña Elena, wearing her hair collected and Doña Cristina, which led him loose. (sorry for traslation)

(...)

Don Felipe said to face up the arrival of 40 years with the joy of seeing his daughters grow up and responded with a "quiet" who persisted in their efforts to obtain a few words with which to embellish a chronicle written in advance.

Last edited:
And the best dressed award goes to ... Elena, as always. She looks fab.
Cristina is very stylish too and another poster mentioned Inaki's tie - love it :ROFLMAO:
I like Letizia's coat and dress but the stockings and shoes ... what color is this? Grey or blue? It looks odd. I agree with those who thought the dress is too short for the occasion. Her hair ... I don't know. It's that 70ies housewife style Madonna reinvented a while ago. Despite the curler style it still looks unstyled and messy. Too much.

Queen Sofia looks good too. Great that they are always lucky with the weather (at least last year there was sunshine too).

I have to agree. Her hair looks too 70's. Almost too flat on the top. Her stockings and shoes are not flattering for the dress. Agree with you 110%!!

Cristina looks old , curly hair doesn't suit her at all:ermm: and her outfit
:hammer:
Letizia ' dress looks ok , love the colors but curly doesn't suit her so much

Elena looks rather nice and the queen looks fair. more pics from seegerpress:

i think all woman looking not like themselves....

Cristina and Letztia look so aweful with curly hair.

Last edited:
I think that Letizia and Christina probably went to the hair stylist together to get the curls.....it would be funny if Letizia, Christina and Elena all show up with curly hair!!

Elena has styled curls too but it is not too different from her normal look, for me her styling was the nicest of all ladies.

Looks like the hairstylist felt like doing curls that day and luckily Queen Sofia escaped. Just imagine her turning up with curls ... :lol:

(....)

Lula, many thanks for this article. It's very intersting the melting with serious things of the political fields and the very nice description of the Queen Sofia in her role of Grandmother, so cute!

If i can add two words about all that it was said about how were dressed the woman of the Royal Family:

- I agree to say that the Infanta Elena was intrinsicly the most refined and elegant one: her great secret is to know how matching up quiet perfectly her outfit and her accessoiries. But, a little bemol for her make up wich is not at the same level that her personality but the whole " formidable".

- The Queen, always regal with her wardrobe: nothing to say which wouldn't a compliment because it's perfect for her like that since a while; exactly as the Quenn EII in their respective styles quiet never taste' s fault - even i I don't like the favourite Queen of Spain 's pyjamas! -

- The Princess of Asturias, absolutly stunning for at least two resons. First because she is totally surprising people there where nobody was waiting for with her hairdo and the color and the lenght of her outfit. Secondly because of course her outfit and her hairdo was so unexpected that the reactions were extreme.
To be clear - Every body know I'm biaised:D- I found the Princess absolutly fantastic with an outfit - coat and dress- in a " camaieu" of blue estupendous and a very well cuted. The touch of the true elegancy is....her shoes and tighs in the same color "taupe" ( a mixing of grey, bue/violin ; Idon't know the word in englis) so refined. If the Princess of Asturia is wearing very often darks tights it's because, as she is as saying herself, to avoid that her legs look like so stick than she thaught she had when she was teen ager. But in this occurency it's because she is wearing an outfit above the kneels and so to create a silhouet well equlibrated when you are, as Letizia is, petite. For me up to now, absolutly succesfull, more her style is becomming more and more "haute couture" for special official acts and I'm very glad for that.
To end, her hairdo: It's marvellous because it will be always a subjet of conversation! But as it's always the same critics with a different way to express it - according to the Princess of Asturias arrangements:tonks: - it is necessary to examine the complaints :graduate:: For yesterday's case Letizia wouldcopy a pseudo awful cut of hair that more millions of women are wearing during the 70rd years.... why not! But it's not exactly the case, if we have to make a comparaison, I prefer to do it with the hairdo with curls like ringlets so beautifull for young women yet in the XIX century. It's the reason why - and because too I'm biaised:lol:- I find the modern version of the ringlets as these wearing by the Princess ofAsturias: estupendous.

- The Infanta Cristina who also had adopted the look ringlet, that I find well fo her if her make up is in accordance t. But for reasons that I can explain it, her make up is may be too serious for the swetness that the rinlets can bring to it. I like her strange style, the one be shyed by th people while in reality it's not her true problem. But I thinks that her true landscape of life is the the sea, the boat in jeans and t-shirt it's the reason why when she is obliged to wear a too sofisticated outfit, it's very often diffilcut for her. Yesterday her outfit was perfect for her... excepted it was many more too long. It would be estupendous just on the kneels. Her shoes in varnish yes absolutly right, but they look like to an ol and well know model of Feragamo which don't match at all with her silhouet.

It was the chronicle of Adelaide from TRF about the vanities* of a serious day! :coach::coach::coach:

* Sorry it's the vanities of one day, not the "Vanity of this day"! What a shame for me

Last edited:
Thank you al so much for posting so many beautiful pictures, and especially the ones of the children. Theyre so cute. :wub: Does anyone know who took them there? Is it with school or just friends?

they were with their nannies and with Cristina de Borbon Dos Sicilias and her husband, their children were also there :flowers:

All the kids in Zarzuela? Probably their grandparents couldn't sleep:lol:..
I like Leo and Irene and I really like to hear how together they play:wub: i hope to see Leo and Irene next year seeing the parade already.

http://img87.imageshack.us/img87/5935/letipd9.png:flowers:
http://img87.imageshack.us/img87/6213/cpcow1.png

I love Princess Letizia, she will be a great Queen someday and she looks great in these pictures! If you look at her hair it looks like her daughters,lol. I think all those future princess should follow Princess Mary, Diana, Princess of Wales and Princess Letizia of how to become a good princesses, unlike some. (Not mentioning names).

Last edited:
I love Princess Letizia, she will be a great Queen someday and she looks great in these pictures! If you look at her hair it looks like her daughters,lol. I think all those future princess should follow Princess Mary, Diana, Princess of Wales and Princess Letizia of how to become a good princesses, unlike some. (Not mentioning names).

I love Letizia too! and I hope she will be The Queen someday because I think she will do it very good:)

Back
Top Bottom