Spanish National Day (2006-2013)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
For a coat open or not to appreciate the elegancy of somone, once more time it's a question of taste, because I thaught the opposite.

For example I didn't find that the symphony of grey of the Queen and the Infantas were so elegant. The three one were by themselves elegant but the three in grey together were a little bit sad. Were they concerted before to decide to wear so or so outfits and colors?

Letizia was absolutly very refined and elegant, execpt that she could wear a jewell as a collar or a boche, but she was so tired that it was very difficult for her to glow and make glown her outfit.

Last edited:
donnaK said:
Letizia's coat is so bland and boring. I don't like seeing the clothes being worn unbuttoned, not elegant. It's about time for her to get rid of Felipe Varela, who seems so lack of imagination. Elena usually dresses the best, but this time her suit is not what I like. Both the Queen and Cristina look nice. Cristina looks pregnant in some pictures, hopefully we will hear another good news soon.

I think that is very harsh donnaK :mad: maybe the coat is not designed to be buttoned and IMO the outfit is simple and elegant and the red adds colour to Letizia. She likes to stick to designs that she knows work well and suit her figure and Felipe Varela dresses her perfectly. :) :ROFLMAO:

I also agree tha Letizia looks about 4 months pregnant as you can clearly see her bump the baby is due earlier than may i would say about march

Princess Robijn said:
Maybe!!! you can clearly see her bump and she's supposed to be 3months right?..

Spanish National Day - 2007

On October 12th the Spaniards celebrate their National Day. This thread is reserved for its 2007 edition and will be opened Friday.

it's on TVE international:flowers:

The King is wearing the Army uniform, the Queen is wearing a white suit, Felipe is wearing the Air Force uniform, Letizia is wearing a deep blue jacket/dress convo, Elena is wearing a beige suit, Cristina is wearing dark blue/black suit as well

the parachutes have already arrived and one of them carried the flag like last year:flowers:

http://img517.imageshack.us/img517/5259/12103858yi0.png

(TVE capture)

Last edited:
Yes, I'm watching it too. And Yey, Letizia curled her hair today, looks like Leonor's curls :lol: I have to take a closer look- I might be wrong though.

Very emotional right now, honoring the soldiers in Afghanistan..

Letizia has curls indeed today, her hair looks shorter due to it. She's wearing a dark blue jacket over a much darker blue dress (?)

Last edited:
OMG, when they start singing "La muerte no es el final" :cry:
Cuando la pena nos alcanza por un hermano perdidoooo :cry:
when that's sung in funerals, specially of a beloved one, you cannot help yourself
Rest in peace, brave souls

thanks for the cap!! letizia seems to be really great in blue and with curly hair!! can't wait to see more pictures!!

OMG, when they start singing "La muerte no es el final" :cry:
Cuando la pena nos alcanza por un hermano perdidoooo :cry:
when that's sung in funerals, specially of a beloved one, you cannot help yourself
Rest in peace, brave souls
Yes, it was an emotional moment, especially seeing the tears of that young boy. I had tears in my eyes too :'(

Comienza el desfile militar con la llegada de los Reyes

It begins the military parade with the arrival of the Kings

The military parade of the National Day has begun passed them 10:30 hours, with the arrival of the Kings to the square of Colon, where they preside at the act, accompanied by the Royal Family to the complete one and the prime minister, between other personalities.

The parade, that this year produces honoring to the international missions and the mission of ' blue hulls ' of The Lebanon

VIDEO
Comienza el desfile militar sin incidencias después de escuchar el himno nacional - 20minutos.es

http://img514.imageshack.us/img514/8382/newpicture1tu1.png
Hope we'll have more photos soon. I really love the blue dress that Letizia is wearing, very stylish, very youthful and yes, it is above the knee- maybe same length as the black dress in the dinner in Palma de Mallorca, so I am expecting much fuss about it later in this forum :rolleyes: But I really love the dress :wub:, hope to see it more- without the jacket during the reception dinner later. It is kind of similar to a dress that Charlotte Casiraghi wore last year or 2005 (?). The jacket too has a shorter sleeves, same sleeve length to Mary's beige jacket in Romania, longer than 3/4 sleeves- just enough to let us see the watch they're wearing :flowers:

Last edited:
I have seen it on tv and Letizia was beautiful in blue,she wear a blue dreess with a few stones or botons below her breast,the coat is blue too and it is trend.
I also hope we will see more photos soon.

http://img514.imageshack.us/img514/8382/newpicture1tu1.png
Hope we'll have more photos soon. I really love the blue dress that Letizia is wearing, very stylish, very youthful and yes, it is above the knee- maybe same length as the black dress in the dinner in Palma de Mallorca, so I am expecting much fuss about it later in this forum :rolleyes: But I really love the dress :wub:, hope to see it more- without the jacket during the reception dinner later. It is kind of similar to a dress that Charlotte Casiraghi wore last year or 2005 (?). The jacket too has a shorter sleeves, same sleeve length to Mary's beige jacket in Romania, longer than 3/4 sleeves- just enough to let us see the watch they're wearing :flowers:

Wow, Letizia looks spectacular in this picture. :wub: Love the way she looks. Can't wait to see morepictures of all of them. Is there going to be a reception afterwards?

I think tonight there will be a reception

I love Princess Letizia style today, and I´m sorprise about Infanta Cristina, i love the dress and the hair style!

From the pictures I've seen so far I love Letizia's coat, it's such a lovely shade of blue and really stands out as the other ladies appear to have chosen quite sombre colours. Her hair looks great as well!

Kudos to Inaki for his great tie!

In the National Day there is no receipt in the night, never, there is a receipt after the parade, but at this time already it has ended.
Oh okay, Thanks Lula. Is there a lunch after the meeting at the palace or is it just a meeting? Because, if im not mistaken it takes place just before or around lunch times :)

Pictures from getty
Felip & King ( this is such a nice picture)
Felip & Letizia :wub:
The family 1
The family 2

Last edited:
I love her curly hair and that blue suit suits her very well, love also her sunglasses!!!

I love her curly hair and that blue suit suits her very well, love also her sunglasses!!!
I completely agree! :flowers:
Perfect look for Letizia! Love the baby-doll cut of the coat! The curls suit her a lot and the sunglasses are really cool;)

Back
Top Bottom