Spanish National Day (2006-2013)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks for the photos everyone. :flowers:

Princess Letizia looks very nice and elegant. Infanta Elena's outfit is a bit busy for me and I personally wouldn't buy it, but it suits her and she looks OK in it. I like her hairstyle and earrings however.

Also, I've been wondering why the royal children don't attend National Day (although IIRC Victoria Federica de Maricharlar did attend in 2006) I can understand why the Urdangarin children don't attend. In other countries, the children attend National Day. Belgium, Sweden and Norway are the ones that I can think of straight away.

Thanks for the photos everyone. :flowers:

Princess Letizia looks very nice and elegant. Infanta Elena's outfit is a bit busy for me and I personally wouldn't buy it, but it suits her and she looks OK in it. I like her hairstyle and earrings however.

Also, I've been wondering why the royal children don't attend National Day (although IIRC Victoria Federica de Maricharlar did attend in 2006) I can understand why the Urdangarin children don't attend. In other countries, the children attend National Day. Belgium, Sweden and Norway are the ones that I can think of straight away.

To me it would be odd if very small children would attend at a military parade.
Letizia looks very good, I like the combination of colours of her jacket and dress and accesssories. Elena is ok, but she has too much bling-bling with various necklaces and other jewellery.
It was good to see just Felipe and Letizia at the military parade.

Letizia looks very good, I like the combination of colours of her jacket and dress and accesssories. Elena is ok, but she has too much bling-bling with various necklaces and other jewellery.
It was good to see just Felipe and Letizia at the military parade.

What I meant to say was that the children could watch the military parade, like the Belgian children do/did (see here). I guess should have clarified.

Last edited:
I noticed Letizia didn't drink her champagne during the toast at the end of the above video,she looked at it in the glass but didn't have a sip,perhaps it was too early in the day for her!

I noticed Letizia didn't drink her champagne during the toast at the end of the above video,she looked at it in the glass but didn't have a sip,perhaps it was too early in the day for her!

It's the big topic on gossip sites, why she didnt drink again (at the Police event she didnt drink either).
Letizia apuesta por Felipe Varela para el desfile de las Fuerzas Armadas - Noticias de Casas Reales

The big story of the day has come when during the reception the prince raised his cup, the Prince, Queen Sofia, Princess Elena and Princess raised their glasses to toast "for Spain and the King", all drank from their cups but Letizia. The princess has been looking at the drink without even taking a sip. The social network Twitter is full of comments about the incident and many wondered why Letizia reason had not wanted to drink a single sip from the cup.

Queen Sofia and Letizia look wonderful. Unfortunately, I think Elena looks quite matronly :(

Infanta Elena's ensemble is all right. The very usual abundance of various jewellery make her look busy. Despite a model figure, Crown Princess Letizia always looks budget. Queen Sofia 's ensemble is all right.

Last edited:
It's the big topic on gossip sites, why she didnt drink again (at the Police event she didnt drink either).
Letizia apuesta por Felipe Varela para el desfile de las Fuerzas Armadas - Noticias de Casas Reales

The big story of the day has come when during the reception the prince raised his cup, the Prince, Queen Sofia, Princess Elena and Princess raised their glasses to toast "for Spain and the King", all drank from their cups but Letizia. The princess has been looking at the drink without even taking a sip. The social network Twitter is full of comments about the incident and many wondered why Letizia reason had not wanted to drink a single sip from the cup.

The mind boggles Duke ;)

I wouldn't class either Don Felipe de Marichalar or his sister Dõna Victoria Federica de Marichalar as very small children but I understand what you mean,maybe when both of them a bit older.

I do recall that both of Elena's kids have in the past viewed the parades from the sidelines.

I noticed that! Interesting.

One of the Spanish newspaper says today: "If Letizia had drunk, Karl Marx would have got up from his tomb"

What a lovely direct gaze Princess Letizia has for each person, despite greeting so many :)

I don't remember ever seeing her drink at previous occasions, did you ? I doubt she is pregnant. They are done with the children. When the press had nothing to say, they talked about her not drinking from her cup. What a big news LOL :lol:.

I don't remember ever seeing her drink at previous occasions, did you ? I doubt she is pregnant. They are done with the children. When the press had nothing to say, they talked about her not drinking from her cup. What a big news LOL :lol:.

Well, it does look strange, doesnt it, and its clear that people will start wondering about what is going on. I doubt she's pregnant but rather another occasion of Letizia insisting of doing it 'her way' in public, we all know how 'different' and 'independent' she is by now. :sleeping: Why wouldnt the press write about it, unfortunately there is little else what can be said about her these days.

La Princesa Letizia se niega a brindar en la recepción del Palacio Real de Madrid - 12/10/2013 - YouTube

Last edited:
Letizia is not pregnat...Letizia didnt drunk, it is a lack of respect.

Well, it does look strange, doesnt it, and its clear that people will start wondering about what is going on. I doubt she's pregnant but rather another occasion of Letizia insisting of doing it 'her way' in public, we all know how 'different' and 'independent' she is by now. :sleeping: Why wouldnt the press write about it, unfortunately there is little else what can be said about her these days.

My point was that she just didn't drink this time, or she had done the same the last several years (since I don't remember seeing her drink) ? It's the later, what's so strange about it ? Sure, someone is trying to making something out of nothing because there is little else that can be said. She should get rid of Varela, have a new hairstyle, then the yellow press would have something to write, that's all they have been interested anyway.

Back
Top Bottom