Spanish National Day (2006-2013)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have a couple of questions about uniforms, perhaps someone in the know can help?

I presume both King Juan Carlos and Crown Prince Felipe are wearing army uniforms?

I also presume King Juan Carlos' rank is a full general, but what is Crown Prince Felipe's rank? I'm not familiar with Spanish insignia, so as far as I can tell he is either lieutenant-colonel or major general?

They are wearing full dress uniforms as far as I can tell, is there no Spanish tradition for wearing a sabre or alternatively a dagger in connection with the full dress uniform?

Was it quite warm in Madrid today?

Not, they do not use sabers.

Prince Felipe is lieutenant-colonel. The Royal House decided that the rank of the Prince is elevated progressively, parallel to his companions of generation in the army.

Was it quite warm in Madrid today?

Yes, Spain has summer temperetures these days. Minimum 14ºC - Maximum 30ºC today in Madrid.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, Spain has summer temperetures these days. Minimum 14ºC - Maximum 30ºC today in Madrid.

Good Heavens,Ireland had a maximum of 14ºC today :lol:

:previous: I was today at the military parade, and I can tell you it was very warm. Actually a summer day, in October :wacko: Weather is crazy these days...

Infanta Elena is the best among the ladies !!!! SHe is always PERFECT !!!!
I wish she was the future Queen !!!!

after seeing all the photo i think this women was the best dressed
http://i53.tinypic.com/2v3ofav.jpg

I found her clothes quite ugly. I don't like the clothes of all ZP's angels (the female ministers) this time :lol:. Although I prefer the Spanish royals wear Spanish designer clothes on the National Day, Elena is the best dressed with her Lacroix IMO, she rolled back to her old 'good' time with Jaime ;).

:previous: I was today at the military parade, and I can tell you it was very warm. Actually a summer day, in October :wacko: Weather is crazy these days...

You can send it north,we'd gladly exchange :D (seeing as we had the coolest summer in 50 years)

The ladies' outfits were simple but appropriate. I'm thankful Letizia left here pumps this time. It's good to see she's wearing pointed shoes again. Elena looks wonderful and Cristina is always beautiful. I'll give good ratings for the royal ladies.

Great pictures everyone, thanks for sharing them.
Its great seeing the whole family and Christina as well. I hope when the grandchildren are older they will be able to join the family on the family up front rather than the sidelines.

Celebration of the National Day
Madrid, 12/10/2012

Their Majesties the King and Queen, who will be accompanied by Their Royal Highnesses the Prince and Princess of Asturias and HRH Infanta Elena, chair the events to be held on the occasion of the National Day.

Madrid's "Canovas del Castillo" square will be the focus of a tribute to the flag and a military parade, after which there will be the traditional reception at the Royal Palace in Madrid to a Spanish society representation.

Casa de Su Majestad el Rey de España - Actividades y Agenda - Celebración del Día de la Fiesta Nacional

I've edited thread title to include 2012.

I believe its a lot cooler in Madrid for this years National Day at 17/18c compared to the 30C of 2011! Even at 17/18c its still 10 degrees warmer than here in Ireland!

I believe its a lot cooler in Madrid for this years National Day at 17/18c compared to the 30C of 2011! Even at 17/18c its still 10 degrees warmer than here in Ireland!

Yes it was cool but not cool enough for Elena's fur :lol:
I thought the royals looked nice. The scene was missing Christina and Inaki but unfortunately they weren't there and I guess won't be for the coming few years maybe.

Were Elena's children attending? Don't they attend this even yearly?

So from today on, we are down to the core SRF (Kings, Princes) at State Events, Elena not taking part officially, she can either attend or stay away. For the first time she was seated with the other authorities and didnt do the reception afterwards.

Yes it was cool but not cool enough for Elena's fur :lol:
I thought the royals looked nice. The scene was missing Christina and Inaki but unfortunately they weren't there and I guess won't be for the coming few years maybe.

Were Elena's children attending? Don't they attend this even yearly?

Elena's fur would have been better suited here in Ireland (its currently 0c)

Elena's daughter I believe in a Catholic boarding school near London,I didn't see her son this year,he was there last year I think with some school friends?

Back
Top Bottom