Spanish National Day (2006-2013)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The pictures of the grandchildren are visible at IPA press, but I don't have access to it either, which is why I was hoping somebody that does, might be able to post them on this forum

I really like Elena's outfit. It sort of looks like Cristina is taking fashion advice from Mette-Marit in regards to the dark, a bit matronly look of her clothes... Other than that, her appearance is more than okay.

I've often held Letizia's sharp, well-fitted, suits as a goal for how I would like Mette-Marit to dress, but here… she doesn't quite make the cut. It's not bad, so don't get me wrong. It's just not "the classy Letizia" I'm used to seeing - she can do so much better. The blue is a relatively nice colour on her, though given her eye-colour I wonder if I might have preferred the coat/dress in warm greens or browns instead?

Are there any other ways than the military parade and the cocktail party going on afterwards that the Spanish celebrate their national day? Are there parades all over Spain, or just in Madrid?

http://img514.imageshack.us/img514/8382/newpicture1tu1.png
Hope we'll have more photos soon. I really love the blue dress that Letizia is wearing, very stylish, very youthful and yes, it is above the knee- maybe same length as the black dress in the dinner in Palma de Mallorca, so I am expecting much fuss about it later in this forum :rolleyes: But I really love the dress :wub:, hope to see it more- without the jacket during the reception dinner later. It is kind of similar to a dress that Charlotte Casiraghi wore last year or 2005 (?). The jacket too has a shorter sleeves, same sleeve length to Mary's beige jacket in Romania, longer than 3/4 sleeves- just enough to let us see the watch they're wearing :flowers:

In this picture she looks like one of Charlie's Angels.

lovely outfit for letizia. we are not that used to seeing her in blue, and i think it does suit her very well. i loved her sunglasses as well and her purse is as always superb.

not too sure about the curls though, although i appreciate her desire for image innovation.

love letizia's outfit as well as elena's, very elegant, not sure about cristina's, i think i've seen her in this type of dress too many times.

Thanks, Cristina very elegant and beautiful.

All the women of the famely are wonder, letizia styl is better day by day. i am loving...

jesus like always the mans stay wonderful in uniform.

Spanish National Day - Reception
October 12, 2007 - Royal Palace
Madrid, Spain

[FONT=verdana, arial, helvetica][/FONT]
WireImage: Listings

Thanks Crisiñaki, I love these kids!! :wub:
Does Juan cut his hair?,
Victoria is a little miss, Guapa !!

Last edited:
Thanks Crisiñaki, I love these kids!! :wub:
Does Juan cut her hair?,
Victoria is a little miss, Guapa !!

Yep, Juan cut his hair, seems like he likes it short, while Pablo is more of the "Backstreet boy" look, with bangs :wub:

I'm happily surprised of Princess letizia' new "style". I like her in blue much more than in red, and her "curly" hairdoss makes her factions softer. He looks gorgeous this way.

And what can we say about the "kiddies"? All of them are beatiful and I'm surpried seeing how much they've grown up...specially the Lugo's children.My only objection is the ribbon fitting her dress that Victoria wears in her hair. She looks like a girl from the 1930's...And it's a pity, for she is so beatiful. :neutral:

Vanesa

I forgot to say that Infanta Cristina always looks wonderful...Always but this day. I don't like her with curly hair. It doesn't fit her face or personality. Curls looks wonderful in Princess Letizia, not in her sister in law...

Vanesa.

As for the best dressed, the Queen and Infanta Elena. I really liked Elena's outift very much, she caught my eye first when I looked at the first set of pics.

Many liked Letizia's look today and others did not. Well, I did not like it very much. I think the individual pieces were nice but together it was just too much. Too much blue, the sunglasses with the blue tint, the coat, the dress. And then to combine the different shades of blue with the gray stockings and shoes. Nope, I did not think this was her best look!:ermm: It was also weird that Letizia matched the stage where the family stood to watch the parade.

And for the men, the King looked nice and Felipe always very handsome.

Last edited:
I love Letizia's outfit but the blue legs are too much and ruin the look

Oh I forgot to say that I was not really liking the curly hair on Cristina or Letizia. I have only liked Letizia with curly hair once and that was in the summer of 2006(I think) when she was at a wedding. The difference was her hair was longer then and also it was pulled up some. It looked nice then.

Letizia looks great with curls....and i like her blue dress....just lovely!!
I think that Letizia and Christina probably went to the hair stylist together to get the curls.....it would be funny if Letizia, Christina and Elena all show up with curly hair!!

Back
Top Bottom