Spanish Christmas Cards - All Years

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Agree. People are so jealous and nasty. Most have no real pleasant life themselves so they just try to pull others down to their level instead of making an effort to raise their own personalities upward. Feel sorry for them. Must be awful to live a life always negative. Not what we are here for.

Especially when they attack innocent children:eek:. Sotimes I think that's why there are so many young bullies: they learn from ther adult bullies parents...

I really love this year's Christmas card - Leonor and Sofia are beautiful and I love how warm the photo is. It's so sweet to see such affection between the two sisters.

Christmas is meant to be a time of goodwill, so I can't understand why some people feel the need to make nasty unnecessary comments about the girl's appearance. I think they have lovely smiles, and they are children who are still growing into their features, so it's harsh to criticise how they look. Remarks like this also sometimes make children and young people very self-conscious about their appearance. Hopefully Leonor and Sofia won't hear of the comments.

Those comments are from Spanish twitter users, not posters on this forum. In general I like the creativeness of twitter, but not in this case, as children should be protected and the girls are in the very age where their teeth are still forming, and it looks like they'll get braces and will only have finished teeth in a few years time. This applies to other royal children too.

If they still have the same kind of teeth as adults, well, that would be a different matter. In general, the girls will have to live with this kind of mockery for the rest of their lives like most other public persons, they need to learn not to take it personally but to understand it as freedom of speech/satire, especially as the royal house has no history of taking on the press in that respect. Felipe and Letizia have been subject to such jokes on a daily basis for many years.

I like the card by Don Juan Carlos and Doña Sofía. After all it is a Christmas card... What is more Christmas than the birth of the Christ? The picture of the two young girls hugging each other was everything but a Christmas card in my humble opinion. It is also a sign of the King too scared to depict Christian symbols, beware for the Political Correct Brigade...

King Willem-Alexander and Queen Máxima tried to combine Christmas and to avoid Christian symbols too, also a capture to political correctness but okay, it still has a Christmas feel as a Christmas card should have. And the message (a multicultural society in harmony) is clear: picture (click on the picture to enlarge).

Last edited:
Very lovely family photo and of course a classic card from the Kings Juan Carlos and Sofia!

Lovely photo of the king,queen and daughters and typically traditional card from King Juan Carlos and Queen Sofia.

I think I never had realized before, but this photo made me think about Sofia's resemblance to Felipe. The had the very same expression :D

It's a beautiful and warm family picture, I'm just surprised they couldn't get a pic where also Leo was looking at the camera :flowers:

The traditional card from King JC and Queen Sofia is a classic, but for once I especially like this year's bas-relief, beautiful.

Wonderful traditional card from Don Juan Carlos and Doña Sofía. It shows what Christmas is all about: the nativity.

I love the traditional one from Juan Carlos and Sofia. Beautiful :flowers:

The total family one us such a war, family picture. One thing stands out that Leonor is not wearing a maroon/rust anything. Her mom has a coat, her sister a sweater and dad a tie. Though I like her sweater.

Last edited:

The total family one us such a war, family picture. One thing stands out that Sofia is not wearing a maroon/rust anything. Her mom has a boat, her duster a sweater and dad a tie. Though I like her sweater.

YOU mean Leonor. The queen and king and Sofía all wear maroon.

Lovely photo of the king,queen and daughters and typically traditional card from King Juan Carlos and Queen Sofia.

Lovely card ! The girls are adorable and this picture is great of the king and queen.

The total family one us such a war, family picture. One thing stands out that Leonor is not wearing a maroon/rust anything. Her mom has a coat, her sister a sweater and dad a tie. Though I like her sweater.

Leonor is probably at that age when she is now permitted to chose for herself. All parents have gone thru this. We just pick our battles.

:previous: Lovely cards indeed. I like that Felipe's family card is from Leonor's trip to Asturias.

I was thinking one of the photos from the visit to Asturias would be used.

No nativity scene from King Juan Carlos and Queen Sofia :ohmy:

I've never liked the practice of sending photos of yourself on a Christmas card, just what has that got to do with Christmas? A nice nativity would be much better.

Sadly it seems to be common practice now and nothing even festive looking on the cards.

the portrait of the emeritus is quite nice but has nothing to do with christmas, even worse the photo chosen by the kings, its not even a nice picture, standing on a balcony in the rain greeting people in asturias, there would have been much better pictures with the family at least looking into the camera. how hard can it be to chose something festive.

Yes very lackluster effort this year of the 2 the better is Juan Carlos and Sofia's and they broke tradition by not having a nativity scene this year.

Back
Top Bottom