Spanish Christmas Cards - All Years

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I find the King and Queen's card rather boring, but then again this probably wasn't the year for the big smiles for them, so I don't really blame them for choosing such a dull card. Felipe and Letizia's card is sweet (it's always nice to see the adorable little Infantas) but I'd hoped for a "new" and more candid picture (like the ones of Felipe's sisters). I love both Elena and Cristina's cards, they're both really good and all the kids are so sweet.

It is about time to release the Christmas cards right? Today is the 15th, it should be out soon, I hope.

This year it should be Leonor&Sofia with her parents for the Asturias family Card.

Wow, so amazing christmas cards!!
I love Leonor and Sofía's clothes. Very gorgeous.
Of course their cute and adorable faces too :heart2:
Two Infantas are so grown up and more and more become pretty young lady.

Felipe and Letizia's Christmas card is so lovely. I love how they're all "connected" - Sofía is leaning up against Felipe; Felipe is holding Leonor's hand; and Leonor has her arm around Letizia's neck. Show's a great unity. The little Infantas are so big now and their little signatures are the sweetest thing.

Last edited:
What beautiful cards, and I love the little Infanta's dresses.

The Asturias Family's Christmas Card is lovely, it has a family feel to it IMO. The Two Infantas are adorable, and I like how Leonor has her arm around Letizia. Hight wise, little Sofia is catching up with Leonor now! Just out of curiosity - when was the visit to the El Prado Museum? I don't remember seeing any other photos of it. Perhaps it was a private one.

I know it's a Christmassy scene, but I was hoping for a photo of Juan Carlos and Sofia on their card. I'm not sure if I'm liking their card this year; it's a little too dark for my liking. On another note, I wonder if Infanta Cristina and Inaki will release a card this year, given what's been going on with Noos/the corruption case. I'm also wondering when Elena will release her card (I've heard that Cristina and Elena usually release their cards later than Juan Carlos, Sofia, Felipe and Letizia; so perhaps we'll get a card from them/her [Elena] in a few days time).

Their Majesties card is traditional with a nativity scene,its a bit nicer than last years one which was dull.

I really love the Asturias family card with the portrait of Infanta Margarita (daughter of Felipe IV) in the background.

I wonder how many of us will get a card from the above :D

The Asturias Family's Christmas Card is lovely, it has a family feel to it IMO. The Two Infantas are adorable, and I like how Leonor has her arm around Letizia. Hight wise, little Sofia is catching up with Leonor now! Just out of curiosity - when was the visit to the El Prado Museum? I don't remember seeing any other photos of it. Perhaps it was a private one.

I know it's a Christmassy scene, but I was hoping for a photo of Juan Carlos and Sofia on their card. I'm not sure if I'm liking their card this year; it's a little too dark for my liking. On another note, I wonder if Infanta Cristina and Inaki will release a card this year, given what's been going on with Noos/the corruption case. I'm also wondering when Elena will release her card (I've heard that Cristina and Elena usually release their cards later than Juan Carlos, Sofia, Felipe and Letizia; so perhaps we'll get a card from them/her [Elena] in a few days time).

The Palace only publishes the Christmas Cards of the King/Queen and the Asturias Family on the official site since last year,they used to include the official cards from the Infantas Elena & Cristina but that is no longer!

from Hola

Las felicitaciones navideñas de los Reyes y los Príncipes de Asturias

I like the picture of Felipe, Letizia and the girls. All with nice smiles.
Im just a bit confused, Felipe seems to be crouching down, with Sofia on his lap, but is Letizia standing or kneeing down? or is Leonor on a step stool?

I like the picture of Felipe, Letizia and the girls. All with nice smiles.
Im just a bit confused, Felipe seems to be crouching down, with Sofia on his lap, but is Letizia standing or kneeing down? or is Leonor on a step stool?

Gossip websites /social networks are discussing a possible photoshop (wouldnt be the first time) :p
Otra polémica felicitación navideña de la Familia Real - Noticias de Casas Reales

the photo may look strange in that respect but I dont think its photoshop.

It looks like Letizia was kneeing down. If Letizia wore heels, she likely would have a hard time crouching down like Felipe. Leonor was just standing on the floor, thus taller than others. Vanitatis (Paloma B's website) always had to make some silly comments.

Last edited:
It's always the same people who need to create those stories ... in Vanitatis have allergy to write anything that is minimally positive for them, especially for Letizia, are many years of continuous campaign of harassment against her, should be the only way some people read on their website. They are so useless that not even write the name of the girls well.:whistling:

Video of the exhibition where the photo was taken.

La exposición Velázquez y la familia de Felipe IV - YouTube

I think Felipe and the girls look ok, its Letizia who must be kneeling down but looks as if she were standing up. Has there been one christmas card that wasnt critizised? After photoshopgate the Kings went to publish boring paintings etc. apart from one photo with the grandkids where the King looked copy/paste with a face as bored as possible. F&L had the controversy with Leonors second leg not showing and stuff like this is priceless in social networks etc. People ridicule pictures all the time on the net, sometimes its funny, sometimes its not, so whats new.

Has there been one christmas card that wasnt critizised? People ridicule pictures all the time on the net, sometimes its funny, sometimes its not, so whats new.
You are so correct. I have received Christmas Family Photos that I would be ashamed to put in the mail, but those families feel they look their best. It's what makes the world so funny. This picture looks like it was taken by "friend" and they settled rather than spending on proper professional shoot, to me. To each his own.

I love the fact they took the picture at El Prado, and with Velazquez´s Infanta Margarita :wub: It´s great that F&L have taken their girls to see the exhibition.

It´s funny that Infanta Margarita is probably the most well-known Spanish infantita in History, thanks to Velazquez paintings. She´s the famous little girl in Las Meninas, as well ;)
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_YHHfXzcgUP0/STJsue3MAgI/AAAAAAAABmU/ComDT-SFvBw/s400/LasMeninas4.jpg

Absolutely AnnieS isn't it a pity the media couldn't have written something nice about the Asturias Family like them paying a family visit to El Prado instead of make a mountain out of a mo hill over nothing!

Vanitatis is just one website, not even a newspaper or magazine. Of course for people who dislike Letizia, it's their 'Bible' :cool:.
The picture was taken from the Prado museum visit. Perhaps it was a private picture that they really like and decided to use it as the Christmas card, that could explain both Felipe and Letizia were on a very casual pose, not studio like.

Last edited:
The girls' dresses are by Nanos
Nanos viste a las infantas Leonor y Sofía por Navidad

To me, Leonor looks so much like Felipe, eyes, mouth, I guess she'll have a Borbon nose, plus Queen Sofia's face shape, but she defo has inherited her mother's more delicate figure.

Sofia jr. looks like aunty Cristina to me, a big girl with an amazonian figure.

The Palace only publishes the Christmas Cards of the King/Queen and the Asturias Family on the official site since last year,they used to include the official cards from the Infantas Elena & Cristina but that is no longer!

from Hola

Las felicitaciones navideñas de los Reyes y los Príncipes de Asturias

Thanks for this An Ard Ri :). As I said in my previous post, it would've been interesting to see whether Inaki featured in the card. On another note, I've just noticed an ironic resemblance (around the eyes) between Infanta Margarita and Infanta Leonor!

Thanks for this An Ard Ri :). As I said in my previous post, it would've been interesting to see whether Inaki featured in the card. On another note, I've just noticed an ironic resemblance (around the eyes) between Infanta Margarita and Infanta Leonor!

I'd very much doubt we'd see Inaki or Infanta Cristina on the Palma cards unless its a family photo with all the kids but the given the absolute gall that pair have in abundance nothing would surprise me!!

Lovely card and a beautiful family. The girls are precious. I agree with the DOM that Leonor looks like her dad..very much.

Back
Top Bottom