Spain State Visits/Official Visits: General Discussion

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I really hope this state visit take place!!! Its over time Queen Silvia will receive the Order of Charles III!!! Could you imagine La Buena and Braganza at the same time?

I really hope this state visit take place!!! Its over time Queen Silvia will receive the Order of Charles III!!! Could you imagine La Buena and Braganza at the same time?

I also hope this state visit happens. If there are no impediments, it should happen at the end of November, it seems that there are already talks between the two countries going on.

A Spanish State Visit to Sweden is long overdue!

Hopefully the article is true and there are plans.

Is anything known about an in coming state visit to Spain? I have read something about a state visit from Paraguay to spain for early 2022, most likely during the Arco ..Wasn't a state visit from France planned?

At the moment there is no news about a State Visit to Spain, in June there was the State Visit of the President of Korea, and in September there have been three official visits from Chile, Colombia and Angola.

Following tradition, Enmanuel Macros had to make a State Visit to Spain, because there is an alternation but there is no date. King Felipe and Queen Letizia visited Hollande, and Sarkozy traveled to Spain

According to this page, the President of Italy will pay a visit to spain this November at least November 16th&17th. On a different page i have read its a state visit: "Felipe VI and the presidents of Italy, Sergio Mattarella, and of Portugal, Marcelo Rebelo de Sousa, will participate on November 17 in Malaga in the Cotec Europe summit, , sources close to the organization have informed Efe on Tuesday. This is the annual meeting organized by the Cotec Foundation, dedicated to promoting innovation among Spanish companies, which was to be held on March 30 of last year to discuss the intangible economy, but the coronavirus crisis forced that XIV edition to be postponed. In this case, the summit has been made to coincide with the Italian president's visit to Spain, which will begin the day before in Madrid.
https://es.investing.com/news/stock...gal-acudiran-a-cumbre-cotec-en-malaga-2177966

November will be a busy month for the king and queen with the outgoing Swedish State Visit too.

I think its official, the President of Italy will pay a state visit to Spain on November 16th/17th. (At least according to the Presidents website ) Have a look at the agenda, https://www.quirinale.it/agenda

Last edited:
I think its official, the President of Italy will pay a state visit to Spain on November 16th/17th. (At least according to the Presidents website ) Have a look at the agenda, https://www.quirinale.it/agenda

The visit will be short. Sergio Mattarella will leave his post at the beginning of the year, and they have taken advantage of the fact that he is coming to Spain for the annual meeting of COTEC Europe, to make a short State Visit in Madrid. The COTEC event in Malaga is also expected to be attended by the President of Portugal.

The visit will be short. Sergio Mattarella will leave his post at the beginning of the year, and they have taken advantage of the fact that he is coming to Spain for the annual meeting of COTEC Europe, to make a short State Visit in Madrid. The COTEC event in Malaga is also expected to be attended by the President of Portugal.
Sounds similar like the south corea state visit, no big gala dinner or return dinner at the pardo?

Sounds similar like the south corea state visit, no big gala dinner or return dinner at the pardo?

I hope Queen Letizia wears a tiara and is as normal a state visit as possible. I didn't like the protocol used on this visit.

I hope Queen Letizia wears a tiara and is as normal a state visit as possible. I didn't like the protocol used on this visit.

I doubt it. Spain still takes Covid seriously.

TBH, I am surprised to see state dinners without social distancing and with unmasked guests back so soon. It looks reckless when WHO says that Europe is back at the epicenter of the Covid pandemic.

With or without a tiara, they will continue to wear the mask.

12/06/1993: King Juan Carlos and Queen Sofia welcome Pope John Paul II. The Pope attended the International Eucharistic Congress in Seville.

If there's a white tie dinner (and it's looking likely since Casa Real says they will host a gala dinner in honor of the Italian President and for the South Korean visit they hosted a "state dinner" ) they will wear a face mask while they greet their guests and pose for pictures before the dinner since masks in indoor spaces are compulsary in Spain (unless you're eating/drinking)

If there's a white tie dinner (and it's looking likely since Casa Real says they will host a gala dinner in honor of the Italian President and for the South Korean visit they hosted a "state dinner" ) they will wear a face mask while they greet their guests and pose for pictures before the dinner since masks in indoor spaces are compulsary in Spain (unless you're eating/drinking)

And what when the King and Queen greet their guests from a respectful distance (as was actually the use until WWII): standing on the dais and with a nod or bow?

And what when the King and Queen greet their guests from a respectful distance (as was actually the use until WWII): standing on the dais and with a nod or bow?

Currently in Spain, safety distance only allows for no face mask use when outdoors. For indoor spaces, face masks are always compulsory (only can be removed while drinking or eating, obviously)

Last edited:
January 24 to 26. King Felipe will visit Puerto Rico for the Fifth Centennial of San Juan

https://www.efe.com/efe/usa/puerto-...uinto-centenario-de-san-juan/50000110-4715405

January 27. King Felipe will attend the inauguration of Xiomara Castro, the new President of Honduras

https://www.elheraldo.hn/elecciones...a-posesion-xiomara-castro-presidenta-honduras

January 31. King Felipe and Queen Letizia will visit Austria to open a Dalí exhibition

https://www.krone.at/2593531
https://www.vol.at/spaniens-koenigspaar-besucht-wien-treffen-mit-van-der-bellen/7258434
https://www.vanitatis.elconfidencia...no-internacional-reina-letizia-viena_3357279/

It would be interesting to know if any state visit´s planned for the next months. Wasn't it planned to host a state visit during the ARCO?

Is it possible that King Felipe VI and Queen Letizia will make a state visit to Denmark and Norway later this year?

According to the press, the visit of the President of Paraguay was scheduled for the beginning of the year, but at the moment there is no date.

ARCO used to have a guest country in each edition, but I think that in recent editions there has been no guest country.

The visit to Denmark it's a posibility, after the visits from the Netherlands and Belgium, and because the last visit was in 1980. To Norway it is less likely, because the last visit was in 2006.

The visit to the United States was announced with Trump and had to be postponed. Last week the king received the credentials of the new US ambassador to Spain, so let's hope they recover the preparations for the visit.

Last edited:
Hopefully as restrictions ease we will start to hear more about incoming and outgoing visits Official or State.

According to the press, the visit of the President of Paraguay was scheduled for the beginning of the year, but at the moment there is no date.

ARCO used to have a guest country in each edition, but I think that in recent editions there has been no guest country.

The visit to Denmark it's a posibility, after the visits from the Netherlands and Belgium, and because the last visit was in 1980. To Norway it is less likely, because the last visit was in 2006.

The visit to the United States was announced with Trump and had to be postponed. Last week the king received the credentials of the new US ambassador to Spain, so let's hope they recover the preparations for the visit.

When were the last state visits to and from the USA?

When were the last state visits to and from the USA?

King Juan Carlos and Queen Sofia made a State visit to the United States in 2000 with Bill Clinton. The last State Visit of a US President to Spain was Ronald Reagan's visit in 1985.

The rest of the visits between the two countries have been official.

Back
Top Bottom