Spain State Visits/Official Visits: General Discussion

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It's strange that the Kings of Spain have not yet made a state visit this year. Will they soon make a state visit to some monarchy in Europe? Was it said that they could go to Denmark, some new information about this visit?

In the case the rumours are true i think FL will visit Denmark next spring..

I think the spanish and scandinavian government not really interested in a state visit. I guess its necesseray to invite the other country aka Norway-spain. I think a state visit to Denmark and Sweden are most possible. The last norway state visit was in 2007, Luxemburg 2007, Belgian 2000, Netherlands 2001. Time will tell but it think a state visit to UAE, Jordan more possible then European countrys

Last edited:
Morocco seems to be difficult and there has been an exchange of PM, from Rajoy to Sanchez, not sure how much impact this change has on the political agenda regarding countries to be visited.
There is a new president in Mexico now, quite certainly he'll come over or invite the Kings to Mexico soon.

i dont think we will have a mexian state visit so soon. maybe an official visit to spain by the new president.

Will the Kings of Spain go on a state visit this year? or will any head of state go on a visit to Spain?

I've read China will visit Spain later this year, State Visit not an official one. King Felipe also invited Macron to pay a State Visit but this I don't think will be this year but the next, the next year They will visit to Argentina to the international congress of spanish language I don't know if we will have a state visit. And Morocco, I think this visit has been unofficially cancelled, with their King absent almost the whole year is impossible.

So we could have China, France and Argentina in the next months (the rest of 2018 and the first months of 2019), even Denmark because both goverments have been talking about it the possibility of a Denmark-Spain state visit.

The president of Colombia, Iván Duque, yesterday invited the kings of Spain to make a state visit to the South American country, during the meeting with the head of the Spanish Government, Pedro Sánchez.

In the joint declaration signed by Duque and Sanchez after the meeting between both, the Colombian president extends the invitation so that the kings make the visit "like symbol of the excellent state of the bilateral relations".

https://www.efe.com/efe/america/pol...n-una-visita-estado-colombia/20000035-3734513

I've read China will visit Spain later this year, State Visit not an official one. King Felipe also invited Macron to pay a State Visit but this I don't think will be this year but the next, the next year They will visit to Argentina to the international congress of spanish language I don't know if we will have a state visit. And Morocco, I think this visit has been unofficially cancelled, with their King absent almost the whole year is impossible.

So we could have China, France and Argentina in the next months (the rest of 2018 and the first months of 2019), even Denmark because both goverments have been talking about it the possibility of a Denmark-Spain state visit.

Ive read the China state visit will take place first week of november. Unfortunatley the spanish royal house confirme state visits quite late, I guess we have to wait until next year for confirmation about upcoming state visits.

As I as I'm aware there have been no outgoing State Visits so far this year and news has been scant of late,Casareal only post events on Friday for the week ahead so I guess we will have to wait and see!

As I as I'm aware there have been no outgoing State Visits so far this year and news has been scant of late,Casareal only post events on Friday for the week ahead so I guess we will have to wait and see!

In the case of a State Visit to Denmark we will probably get an announcement from Denmark as they usually announce quiet early.

About the State visit to cuba i dont think this will happen soon. PM Sanchez will visit Cuba as soon as possible

" the Government of Mariano Rajoy accepted the invitation, but never specified whether the historic visit would be made by the Kings or if the Chief Executive would go before. And the doubt cleared yesterday, when Pedro Sanchez announced from Washington that he will be the one to visit Cuba on an official trip as soon as his schedule allows it. Diplomatic sources explained that Sanchez had accepted the invitation of his Cuban counterpart, Miguel Diaz-Canel and, to the question of whether Díaz-Canel had also extended an invitation to the Kings for the visit, Sanchez's team's response was: "No" ."

https://www.abc.es/espana/abci-sanc...nuncia-viajara-cuba-201809252105_noticia.html

So its an incoming State Visit from China?

We might have an state visit (or official) visit from Chile to spain.

In Both article its been said president Sebastián Piñera will make a state visit to Vatican, France and Spain. (In the case its an state visit, this would be the third chilean state visit to spain in 7 years) Im not sure how serious it is. alot of pages don´t know the difference between "official visit and state visit"

https://www.radioagricultura.cl/agr...a-incluiria-visita-de-estado-al-vaticano.html

https://www.eldinamo.cl/nacional/20...al-vaticano-en-medio-de-crisis-de-la-iglesia/

Last edited:

What other events are taking place late November or early December? Typically the Chinese president wouldn't come over to Europe for 'only' a state visit. Is any other important heads of state meeting taking place around that time (maybe even in Spain)?

Edit: Seems like he will be on his way to Argentina! The G20 summit is taking place in Buenos Aires on November 30 & December 1.

Last edited:
As in the kings of the Netherlands and the kings of Belgium have already made state visits to Denmark, I think it is time for the current Kings of Spain to make their state visit to Denmark. Is it likely a state visit from the Kings of Spain to Denmark next year?

As in the kings of the Netherlands and the kings of Belgium have already made state visits to Denmark, I think it is time for the current Kings of Spain to make their state visit to Denmark. Is it likely a state visit from the Kings of Spain to Denmark next year?

I think its likely Q.Margrethe invited FL for a state visit. But its on the government to accept the invitation and find a possible date. Unfortunatley the recent PM of spain seem to be not interested sending their Majestys abroad, so we have to wait, but Yes i think its possible FL will visit denmark next year in the case they will find a date and its not postponed :ermm:.

Will Morocco ever happen? If so, it will put focus on Lalla Salma being absent at the highest level.

Will Morocco ever happen? If so, it will put focus on Lalla Salma being absent at the highest level.

I dont think we will have a state visit to morocco in next months at least not until its official what happened to Lalla Salma. Also with the new PM of spain it was difficult to find a new date for the state visit. I know morooco is one of most important country for spain but I think they should skip the morrocco state visit and plan other state visits like Denmark and so on

The king and queen will visit Peru before the Ibero-American Summit of Antigua

Their Majesties will make a visit to Peru before attending the Ibero-American Summit of Antigua (Guatemala) on the 15th and 16th of November, according to The Diplomat of reliable sources.

Although the program of the visit is still being prepared, it is known that King Felipe and Queen Letizia will travel to Lima on the 12th and will remain in Peru until the 14th, when they will travel to Guatemala.

Los Reyes visitarán Perú antes de la Cumbre iberoamericana de Antigua

The king and queen will visit Peru before the Ibero-American Summit of Antigua

Their Majesties will make a visit to Peru before attending the Ibero-American Summit of Antigua (Guatemala) on the 15th and 16th of November, according to The Diplomat of reliable sources.

Although the program of the visit is still being prepared, it is known that King Felipe and Queen Letizia will travel to Lima on the 12th and will remain in Peru until the 14th, when they will travel to Guatemala.

Los Reyes visitarán Perú antes de la Cumbre iberoamericana de Antigua

finally a visit abroad. Is it an official visit or state visit?

Looks like the program hasn't been announced so far. Hope they will not stick to Lima as Peru has so much more to offer.

wow - such short notice! look forward to it. i hope letizia brings out a heavy-weight tiara for the state banquet, but my guess is that she will tone it down given peru is not a monarchy and a country of more modest means than others she visited on state visit.

Probably she won't even wear a tiara in Peru. Chances are the dresscode will be business suit as usual in South American republics.

Peru already had a State Visit in Spain in 2015, its the second country (after Portugal) to have had a State Visit both in Spain and at home.

Probably she won't even wear a tiara in Peru. Chances are the dresscode will be business suit as usual in South American republics.

In 2010 F&L made an official visit to peru the dresscode was suit for men´s and long dress for women, i hope for the same dresscode for the state visit( Im sure she will not wear a Tiara, maybe some earrings of Sofia or joyas de pasar jewels, but im sure thats it)

Back
Top Bottom