Royal Staff and Household of The King of Spain

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
No, no, no... no you don't understand me. And is not the place of Zuleta sell anything to anyone.

P.R. for the spanish people will be managed by the Department of Communication and Media so will be a issue for the team of Gutiérrez Roldán with supervision of Alfonsin & Co. Like before was with Ayuso and Spottorno. Nothing to do with Zuleta.

IMHO, one of the sources of problems to H.M. in the Media and society is, has been and will be the sector of the Nobility that from day one went against H.M. vocally and not so vocally... Is there, where Zuleta could be very useful in adittion to his different responsabilities and attributions as Head of the Secretariat of Her Majesty The Queen. He is an insider in some circles with many hostiles to the new Queen, if you can't see any benefit to have eyes and ears and a powerfull supporter, rally point and voice or reason in the Queen (and King) side on that circles... Man, I don't know what more say...

To be alerted and may be able to anticipate, prevent or mitigate, if is at all posible, the spreading of malicious rumors, fictional stories, or direct slander to the media especialy in delicate moments to the Royal Family like has happen in the past... Any gains in the 'Damage Control' margin should be wellcome I think. And all of that is IMHO a good thing to the SRF, and is a plus gained with the apointment of Zuleta instead a different dude.
my bolding
So King Felipe and Queen Letizia need "...to have eyes and ears and a powerful supporter, rally point and voice or reason in the Queen (and King) side on that circles". Senior Zuelta's appointment may be interpreted as an attempt to curry favour with more powerful than expected aristocratic circles. Is Spain a caste society? Is King Felipe capable of shielding his spouse from the mysterious aristocratic circles? I thought Queen Letizia won heart and minds of Spaniards with her super high intellect and much-touted resume. All the claims of intrigues around her by Queen Letizia's fans start sounding paranoid

Last edited:
my bolding
So King Felipe and Queen Letizia need "...to have eyes and ears and a powerful supporter, rally point and voice or reason in the Queen (and King) side on that circles". Senior Zuelta's appointment may be interpreted as an attempt to curry favour with more powerful than expected aristocratic circles. Is Spain a caste society? Is King Felipe capable of shielding his spouse from the mysterious aristocratic circles? I thought Queen Letizia won heart and minds of Spaniards with her super high intellect and much-touted resume. All the claims of intrigues around her by Queen Letizia's fans start sounding paranoid

Don't understand your comment, Al-bina. I get your sarcasm and dislike of all things Letizia, but am failing to understand your issue with this appointment, or your claims about paranoia. Then again, I may be working from a different dictionary of "paranoia";)

From what I gather, this man has been with Felipe and Letizia for past 7 years, has gained their trust, has been impressed with Letizia's work ethic etc. If I recall correctly, he may have commented in the past that he did regret that press fails to see the work that Letizia did.

Now that is all water under the bridge.

Time to form their own team. As Letizia never had a secretary (unlike infantas and queen Sofia) who could be transitioned over, a new person had to be brought in. Who better than the one with whom they have trust, good working relationship etc.

That he happens to be a three times grandee is icing on the cake. HE may or maynot help with the aristos. But that is besides the point.

IMHO, any power that aristocrats had over Letizia may have been diminshed. They had power to really not accept her as future queen. But she won their grudging respect with her behavior over last 10 years as evidenced by the comments of powerful amongst them an article on JC that appeared in the beginning of the year.

One of them clearly stated that they were not pleased with the marriage but have come to accept it given her behavior over past 10 years.

Now this is not to say that the crowd that Paloma Barrientos hangs around with will be falling all over themselves to sing praises of Letizia. Paloma has been unhappy since day one that Letizia is not a member of the elite club, and will continue to be unhappy.

This is my understanding of the situation, and I honestly don't think it is a paranoid read of the situation.

It has been kind of you to give your opinion on the matter. Gauche bazaar-style dramas aside, there is nothing interesting about the Spanish royal family. I am not partial to any European royal. I felt like commenting on the particular parts of the posts. So I commented. That is all.

Last edited:
No, no, no... no you don't understand me. And is not the place of Zuleta sell anything to anyone.

P.R. for the spanish people will be managed by the Department of Communication and Media so will be a issue for the team of Gutiérrez Roldán with supervision of Alfonsin & Co. Like before was with Ayuso and Spottorno. Nothing to do with Zuleta.

IMHO, one of the sources of problems to H.M. in the Media and society is, has been and will be the sector of the Nobility that from day one went against H.M. vocally and not so vocally... Is there, where Zuleta could be very useful in adittion to his different responsabilities and attributions as Head of the Secretariat of Her Majesty The Queen. He is an insider in some circles with many hostiles to the new Queen, if you can't see any benefit to have eyes and ears and a powerfull supporter, rally point and voice or reason in the Queen (and King) side on that circles... Man, I don't know what more say...

To be alerted and may be able to anticipate, prevent or mitigate, if is at all posible, the spreading of malicious rumors, fictional stories, or direct slander to the media especialy in delicate moments to the Royal Family like has happen in the past... Any gains in the 'Damage Control' margin should be wellcome I think. And all of that is IMHO a good thing to the SRF, and is a plus gained with the apointment of Zuleta instead a different dude.

IMO you have explained it perfectly and ITA w/you. This truly does sound like a win-win appt for the new Royal Household.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

details of the expenditure of the spanish royal household and the salaries of the staff of the household have been published. el mundo says that the expenditure has decreased by 11%, possibly due to the government situation in spain which caused some cancellations in the agenda of the king and queen.
among the highest salaries for their staff are those of Jaime Alfonsín and Diego Martínez Palomo, chief of the house and secretary general respectively. amongst the lowest is that of the press secretary. despite a pledge to transparency of the royal household, the salary of letizia's stylist isn't published, el mundo reports.

La injusticia de no conocer el salario de la estilista de Doña Letizia | loc | EL MUNDO

Doña Letizia reina en un palacio donde ellos ganan más | loc | EL MUNDO

I am not surprised that 10 men hold the plum jobs, being paid around 130.000 Euros per year is not a bad salary, equivalent to a senior position in banking (no investment banking though).
Regarding those 10 men making more money than the Queen, not surprising either, especially the secretary of Juan Carlos, people of the past are being taken care of.

Regarding the salaries in general, working for an institution on the highest level is usually not lucrative. eg Angela Merkel earns around 380.000 Euros, a joke compared to those working in high positions in the private sector, every top level banking or industry position makes more money.

In most continental monarchies the salary scheme of the civil sector is followed. So when a civil servant from the Foreign Office or the Defence Department is requested to join the Household of the King, this comes with the rights he/she already has accumulated in the civil service.

When the King requests a former Ambassador to become one of the chief executives of the Royal Household, or requests an officer of the armed forces to be appointed in the Military Household, then this is with respect to existing rights. Is all pretty logic and means a well-paid position at an organization in the very top of the pyramid of society and state.

Not sure what is happening at the media end of casareal but of late all videos are over a week old and are late publishing them.Once upon a time they were so efficient and posted videos daily,now we are lucky if we get one a week after the event :whistling:

The videos published by the Royal House are provided by EFE the public news agency. Since the arrival of the PSOE government and the appointment of a new director at EFE, they publish much less videos of the royal events on the official EFE channel and are very slow with the videos from the Casa Real channel.

The head of the Secretariat of Her Majesty Queen, José Manuel Zuleta y Alejandro, has been promoted to the post of General of the Army Division, according to a provision published yesterday by the Official State Gazette

https://www.abc.es/espana/casa-real...do-general-division-201903100309_noticia.html

The site has been a disaster past few weeks and they no longer update videos daily ,they could also update the photos as most are over a decade old.

The website of the Spanish royal house is even good and always has the updated schedule.
They should make new official photos to post on the website. The photos on the webstite are old and outdated.
It could also have a page on the site with the royal palaces that are part of the National Heritage, as there is little information about it on the website.

The website needs some serious attention and a relaunch as it looks tired and dated with old the photos of Felipe VI and Letizia.

Household of The King - Christmas video

Casa Real site is off line yet again ,they need to invest in better technology for the new decade.

This site can’t be reached

I don't think Casa Real have quite grasped Social Media and lag behind others.

I think the Spanish royal house should have an Instagram page, because all the other European royal houses are on this social network.

The press videos of the king and queen videocalls are almost always late ,sometimes only released days after the event,they need to sort that out.

I'm not sure that "governess" as in a teacher is the right translation of "gobernantas". The way I, with the help of Google translate, interpret the article I'd say the term means something like a head housekeeper.

Last edited:
:previous:
Governess (at least in Spain and Portugal) is the person who manages the employees of a house.

:previous:
Governess (at least in Spain and Portugal) is the person who manages the employees of a house.

Yes and in German it also discribes the person who manaes the employees of Hotels. - Its kind of Head of Housekeeping.

Back
Top Bottom