The Royal Family of Spain, Current Events Part 11: September - December 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Anna_R

Heir Apparent
City
Rio de Janeiro
Country
Brazil
Welcome to the new thread for the Royal Family of Spain's Current Events.

The old thread can be found here.

Please keep in mind our
Posting Rules & Guidelines:
*this thread is for current events only;
*do not forget providing sources for all images and articles;
*be respectful to the opinions of others, even if you disagree.

Have fun!:flowers:

According to the web of the Royal House the whole Royal Family will represent

http://www.terra.es/deportes/articulo/html/dpo253787.htm

The Kings will deliver this Tuesday the National Prizes 2005

The Kings will deliver this Tuesday the National Prizes of the Sport 2005, awards that have relapsed, between others, into the pilot Fernando Alonso, the football player Ronaldinho and the swimming Gemma Mengual.

The distinctions, which failure started itself knowing last April 3, serve to reward the sportsmen, associations and sports entities that more have been outlined in the competition or in the support of the sport throughout the year.

Mercedes Cabrera, minister of Education and Science, and Jaime Lissavetzky, secretary of State for the Sport, will accompany Don Juan Carlos and Dona Sofía in an already traditional act in the annual agenda of the Royal Family.

Fernando Alonso, champion of the world of Formula One 2005, Don Felipe de Borbón will receive the Prize to the best Spanish sportsman.

Gemma Mengual, in turn, will gather the Prize Dona Sofía, to the best of Spanish sportswoman. At her29 years, Mengual has gained seven medals in competitions mundialistas and European, and is considered to be one of the big stars of the synchronized swimming.

Trophy Latin-American Community for Ronaldinho The Trophy Latin-American Community relapsed into the Brazilian Ronaldinho. It will be the third relevant award of the forward of the Barcelona in 2005, after his election as better world player (prize FIFA) and designated ' Golden ball ' for the magazine France Football.

The relation completes of rewarded, that are chosen by a juror summoned anually by the Top Council of Sports, is the following one:

- Prize Queen Sofia to the best Spanish sportswoman: Gemma Mengual (Swimming).

- Prize Don Felipe de Borbón the best Spanish sportsman: Fernando Alonso (Driving).

- Prize Infanta of Spain Dona Elena to the person or entity that more has been outlined for a specially relevant gesture of nobility or clean game, or that has given a special contribution to the eradication of the violence in the sport: World Agency Antidopaje (AMA).

- Prize Infanta of Spain Dona Cristina the masculine or feminine sportsman who for results has supposed the most significant revelation of the sports panorama: Blanca Manchón.

- Trophy Latin-American Community to the best Latin-American sportsman: Ronaldo de Assís Moreira 'Ronaldinho' (Football).

- Baron of Güell corners to the best team or national selection: masculine Selection of handball.

- Prize Olimpia to the promotion of the sport between diminished physical, psychic or sensory: Commission Plan ADO Paralímpico.

- Cup Stadium to the person or entity that has been outlined for his special contribution in tasks of promotion and promotion of the sport: Tomás Pascual.

- PrizeTop Council of Sports to the Spanish Local authority that more has been outlined on its initiatives for the promotion of the sport: Alcobendas's Town hall and Town hall of Almeria (Ex--aequo).

- Trophy Joaquín Blume to the University that has differed for its labor of promotion and promotion of the sport: University of Granada.

- National prize to the Arts and the Sciences applied to the Sport, to the professional who in the exercise of his activity has been outlined for a work or has helped to stimulate or spread the physical - sports activity of singular form: Sebastián Alvaro (The Director programmes ' To The edge of the impossible thing).

Last edited:
The Royal Family has presided over the act of delivery of the awards corresponding to the year 2005, that grants the Council Superior of Deportes

After arriving at the Palace of the Brown, Their Majestys the Kings, Their Heights Reales Princes de Asturias, Dukes de Lugo and the Dukes of Palm, went to Sala Barceló, where they were saluted by the president of the Community of Madrid, Hope Aguirre; the mayor of Madrid, Alberto Ruiz-Gallardón; and the Secretary of State for Deporte, Jaime Lissavetzky. Next, the chief of a main directorate of Deportes of the Ministry of Education and Science, White Rafael Perea, gave reading to the act of concession of the National Prizes of Deporte 2005

www.casareal.es

From EFE via Yahoo.es

Last edited:
Getty Images :

Pic n° 4-5-6 : Fernando Alonso

Please pay attention to the annoucement:
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forum...nglish-spanish-portuguese-versions-10666.html

I've just deleted and edited posts that had excessive pictures of GettyImages, even though the link to their gallery and a sample of the pictures was provided.

Please, Copyright is a serious matter here in TRF and we need everyone to co-operate.

If in doubt, please don't hesitate to PM me or any member of the mdoeration team.

thank you,
Anna_R
Spanish Forums Moderator

Yes, in did all lady's are very elegant with any dout. :)
And all the man's to, we can not forgethem.... they are amaizing :lol: :ROFLMAO:

I like the ponytail. It is much more flattering than the braid!

Letizia does look wonderful - much better than lately...i think she cut her hair, no?

I love tha skirt that is wearing Letizia... Elena looks so lovely.. and the queen as almos always perfect :_)

Yes, Elena looks great, I love the ponytail and her hair looks lighter. I am the same age as Elena, but I don't have her figure, Wow!

Who did Cristina's make-up? It's a little too much around the eyes, no? Anyway, I thought Elena was the best there.

planetcher said:
Who did Cristina's make-up? It's a little too much around the eyes, no? Anyway, I thought Elena was the best there.

It does look like she has too much make up, but she's Cristina, she always looks great. Elena should definitely do the pony tail more often. It's simple yet classy.

http://www.as.com/articulo/deporte/Ignora/provocaciones/dasmas/20060913dasdaimas_7/Tes/

" YOU, TO YOURS. IGNORES THE PROVOCATIONS "

Morning of recognition of the best sportsmen and sportswomen of 2005 in Madrid. Fernando Alonso, who received the unconditional support of His Majesty, was the star of the National Prizes of the Sport. Ronaldinho and Gemma Mengual could not come to this appointment with the whole Royal Family.

"I say it to you from the fondness, Fernando. You, to yours. If Massa provokes you or the commissioners are wrong, ignore it. You, forget it and win them in the track ". These were the affectionate words that The King directed him Fernando Alonso when they were greeted in the informal chat later to the National Prize of the Sport 2005 that the Asturian gathered from hands of the monarch. The response of the leader of the World one to these words was respectful and explanatory: " Already Majesty knows, that therein it is not so easy ". To what don Juan Carlos answered with a strong embrace and very much spirit: " Do case To Me, I say it to you from the fondness, it will be better if you go to yours and ignore them. To winning them, ah, and give recollections to Pedro, who called me another day ". This way it finished the conversation between the first one of the Spanish and the number one of the careers.

The leader of the World one received the award Don Felipe de Borbón, who rewards the best sportsman of 2005 and was the great attraction mediática and also of the rest of awardwinners and their families.

The magician Blanca Manchón, champion of the world of candle in Mistral and Prize Infanta of Spain Dona Cristina, she approached nervous and thrilled the Asturian a photo to be done by her idol. And dona Letizia went to see him before that to none of the winning ones. She asked him on the polemic of last days. They all those who approached to chat with Alonso were saying the same thing to him: " which we win, truth, Fernando? " To what the ovetense was answering non-stop of signing autographs and shrinking the shoulders: " It Is difficult enough, but we can win, to be able do it ".

The delivery of prizes, celebrated in the Palace of El Pardo one possessed the presence of the Royal Family to the complete one, in another sample more of the enormous interest to the sport. The Trophy Latin-American Community it gathered the absent Ronaldinho the ambassador of Brazil and the prize Queen Sofía de Gemma Mengual her father received it, when she found in Japan preparing the close Cup of the World of synchronized.

Between the recognitions, specially emotive they were the plaudits to the widow of Tomás Pascual, Cup Stadium for his contribution to the sport. Merecidísima the Cup Baron of Güell got for Garralda in representation of the Spanish selection of handball (that received the joke of The King: " Again hereabouts ") and prominent the award to the adventure. I reward for Sebastían Álvaro for his path: " It is a tax for those who are and that unfortunately already not, all those who have helped me ".

This is a verification that the King see every Sunday F1!!!:rolleyes:

From Deadline:
4dy4w48.jpg

We rarely see pics of Jaime talking with his in-laws;)

I love it when Letizia wears white. It just looks clean, elegant, polished, and gives the illusion of a fuller figure. Cristina looks good except for the eye make-up. I wish Elena added a bit more a feminine touch in her outfit. Sofia looks great as usual, I love that dress suit!

Elsa M. said:
I know everybody thinks Princess letizia's hair is too long... but I have to say I like very much the way it allows her to have this effect:
http://s2.supload.com/image.php?get=10338532abrilabril913200672549PM.jpg

Very nice, IMO.
I like it also, however if her hair was more voluminous she wouldn't have to cut her hair.
It's a question of volume: if the hair isn't voluminous, it seems that it have to be cut. On the other hand if it's voluminous and short, it looks very nice - my own experience :lol:

Queen Sofia and Infanta Cristina

Visit to the Center of the Project Alzheimer Vallecas's PAU.
Madrid

from casareal

1158846917048uw5.jpg
2fn6.jpg
3on8.jpg

Woww!!! thanks for the photos fanletizia !!!!!
The infanta this very elegant I liked much although the suit is not new.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom