Retrospective of the Spanish Royal Family, Part 3

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
These pics are absolutely incredible. Thank you so much Regina. Juan Carlos looks the same. You can spot him from a mile a way.

:flowers: You're welcome ladejesus!
Juan carlos didn't change much, I think the same. His smile and eyes are very unique. I think Prince Felipe changed a lot more than his father.

Thanls for posting those pictures Regina, I don´t recall having seen many Spanish Royal pictures of this period before. Moving to see the image of Juan Carlos and his father the Count of Barcelona, next top the coffin of Don Alphonse, who died so tragically.

Thanls for posting those pictures Regina, I don´t recall having seen many Spanish Royal pictures of this period before. Moving to see the image of Juan Carlos and his father the Count of Barcelona, next top the coffin of Don Alphonse, who died so tragically.

Yes, such tragic moment. Alfonso's death was a big blow for his father Don Juan. They were very close. Alfonso was the youngest and according to several testimonies the smartest of Don Juan's sons.

OMG Regina, thank you sooooooooooo much for these pics!:flowers:
I find this pic very cute 'cuz if you notice, JC has his arm around Sofia :wub:

Yes, he has :wub: I believe they married much, much in love. They are still in love of course but those initial years seem so tender and special.

Juanita, your pics are news for me. Thank you for them. All the members of the family changed a lot since then except Queen Sofia. She's always young!

I've just read trough the entire thread and I'm loving all the pics! I'm an avid fan of Queen Sofía and I hadn't seen many pictures of her when she was younger (aged 24-35), so naturally when I saw the ones posted here, I was over the moon. I think she's a warm, lovely woman now, but back then she was absolutely gorgeous. And the king, who I think is attractive now even on the cusp of 70 years old, was so very handsome. They were definitely a "super-couple" as far as looks go.

As for the adorable children who would grow up to be the Prince of Asturias, Duchess of Lugo and Duchess of Palma de Mallorca, they were so incredibly cute! But I swear, those old photos play tricks on my mind. When I look at them, I'm briefly fooled into thinking that I'm looking at a picture of Froilán, Miguel and Leonor with a much younger version of their grandparents!

I wish JC and Sofí had had more children so they could've passed on more of those wonderful genes and given us more pictures of attractive offspring to post here and look at, LOL.:wub: I never grow tired of looking at the kids' photos from childhood up to now. At least we have plenty of grandchildren to watch grow up!

I have a question: does anyone have any pictures of JC and Sofí together before they were married?

Juanita, your pics are news for me. Thank you for them. All the members of the family changed a lot since then except Queen Sofia. She's always young!
You're most welcome! :flowers:
I like those photos, not the act itself, but the love there is between royals. I mean, in a photo the Queen is holding the hand of her mother-in-law and in other pictures of the funeral we can see the Queen with her arm around the King, crying (I don't think I posted those ones... :rolleyes:).

hey sis thanks for the funeral pics!

I think the pics where Jaime is and Cristina has the same hairdo as her mom:D aren't from Don Juan's funeral, since he died in 1993, I guess those are from a memorial service or from Doña Mercedes' funeral in 1999 (even if it's weird that Iñaki wasn't there:ermm:)

I'll place them around 1996 ;)

hey sis thanks for the funeral pics!

I think the pics where Jaime is and Cristina has the same hairdo as her mom:D aren't from Don Juan's funeral, since he died in 1993, I guess those are from a memorial service or from Doña Mercedes' funeral in 1999 (even if it's weird that Iñaki wasn't there:ermm:)

I'll place them around 1996 ;)
My bad! :rolleyes:
I guess it may be a memorial service or something... :blush:

:flowers: You're welcome ladejesus!
Juan carlos didn't change much, I think the same. His smile and eyes are very unique. I think Prince Felipe changed a lot more than his father.
I think you are right because Jaun Carlos was adult very very young, as if I didn't have any youth period.

For Felipe, it's the opposite, he was changing a lot - and more he had to change - because he was staying may be too long in a teen ager way of life- it's an other question whithout any link of this observation-

Since about now more or les eight years and mainly since he had decided to mary Letizia Ortiz and to have his own family, he has changed a lot, becoming a man giving the feeling of the maturity.

As very often when you have a father with a very strong personality, it's difficult for a son to find his own pattern and in this case it's not astonishing to observe that this son can be stay teen ager so long.:flowers:

King Juan Carlos mother Maria dies 2000. Funeral was beautiful and many royal family and many relatives to Don Juan Carlos and Marias.Many come to Marias funeral 2000.
His last year 1999 christmas day with children,grandchildren,great-grandchildren. King Juan Carlos mother was on big day grandchildren Christinas wedding 1997. She was many with his grandchildrens wedding!!!! Grandmother was beloved to many grandchildren och great-grandchildren. She was 89 age.

Here's a nice pic of the family in 1974, it's so cute to see
that the three little children resemble each other that much :flowers:

The family in 1974

Thanks a lot emilie!, The last is so cute :wub:

King Juan Carlos and queen Sophia and children were magic when the kids were little. Now things seem different. The couples the prince and infantas have chosen haven't "convinced" even to theit parents. Pitty. I used to love this family, so I'd rather see old pictures than newest. Felipe is handsome, but he seems older than he is and Letizia is so thin.....

King Juan Carlos and queen Sophia and children were magic when the kids were little. Now things seem different. The couples the prince and infantas have chosen haven't "convinced" even to theit parents.

Felipe was a handsome boy, but his two sisters were not so pretty. Now all the grandchildren of JC and Sofia look better than their two daughters at the same age or some might even be smarter, thanks for the new fresh blood :).

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom