Retrospective of the Spanish Royal Family, Part 1 (February 2003 - June 2006)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello Alexandria,
Excellent pictures. Felipe is the spitting image of his father when he was young!

King Juan Carlos and Queen Sofia of Spain

Wow! I have never seen this picture before! I never knew JC had a beard! :p

Attachments

• untitled.jpg
    untitled.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 541
Spain's Royal Leaders
Original caption: Madrid, Spain: King Juan Carlos addressed Parliament, as Queen Sofia and children Princesses Elena, Cristina, and Crown Prince Felipe look on.

Wow...another cute, if old, picture!

Attachments

• untitled.jpg
    untitled.jpg
    80.1 KB · Views: 599
www.corbis.com

The Next Ruling Family of Spain
Original caption: The next ruling family of Spain.... will be Prince Juan Carlos, his wife Princess Sophie and son, Prince Felipe. Prince Juan Carlos will become King of Spain and Chief of State upon the death of General France. Until that day arrives... he will be known by the now title Prince of Spain.

Attachments

• untitled.jpg
    untitled.jpg
    78.5 KB · Views: 707
Prince Juan Carlos & Princess Sophia Of Spain With Their Children.

By the way- I forgot to add this last time! Great pictures Alexandria and thanks for starting this thread!! :)

Attachments

• untitled.jpg
    untitled.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 718
Corbis

Don Juan Carlos

Wow! He looks so young here! I wonder what this picture is dated? ;)

Attachments

• untitled.jpg
    untitled.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 413
Originally posted by Jalmey@Jun 21st, 2003 - 11:56 am
King Juan Carlos and Queen Sofia of Spain

Wow! I have never seen this picture before! I never knew JC had a beard! :p
I have never seen this picture, either, Jalmey. I have seen a picture of the Queen on that particular occasion, but never the King. ... I don't know if I like the beard on Juan Carlos. Makes him seem too severe?

Originally posted by Jalmey@Jun 21st, 2003 - 1:20 pm
By the way- I forgot to add this last time! Great pictures Alexandria and thanks for starting this thread!! :)
No problem Mandy and Jalmey!

Thank you for your additions here. They were all terrific finds! :clap:

Lovely pictures of Queen Sofia, agm. Thank you! :flower:

Marvelous photos, xicamaluca! Thank you for posting them! :)

Great pictures xicamaluca! I'm surprised to see Elena out and about, but glad to see her at any rate so soon after the loss of her baby.

POLFOTO 04.05.2003 Queen Sofia poses for a picture 04 May 2003 in Madrid during a meeting with Pope John Paul II. AFP PHOTO JAVIER SORIANO

POLFOTO 22.04.2003 © QUEEN INTERNATIONAL REF. RR MADRID, 22-APRIL-2003. QUEEN SOFIA OF SPAIN AT THE OPENING OF THE BIZANCIO EXHIBITION AT THE ARCHEOLOGICAL MUSEUM. SHE IS PICTURED WITH THE MAJOR OF MADRID, JOSE MARIA ALVAREZ DEL MANZANO.

Polfoto 17-10-2002 Queen Sofia of Spain stands in front of a mural that shows the pyramids of Giza, the Alexandria Library and the Nile inside her classroom at al-Nasr Girls' College 17 October 2002 in the Egyptian Mediterranean port city of Alexandria. The queen visited the school which she attended as a young girl in 1942. AFP PHOTO/Marwan NAAMANI

POLFOTO 11.11.2002 (dpa) - King Juan Carlos of Spain and Queen Sofia pose ahead of a gala dinner for the German President in the royal palace in Madrid, 11 November 2002. The German president was on a three-day state visit to Spain and the holiday island Majorca, which has tens of thousands of German residents.

POLFOTO 01.02.2002 (dpa) - Guests at Queen Beatrix Birthday Party in Amsterdam: The spanish Queen Sofia arrives for a private Dinner Party at the Royal Palace in Amsterdam, January, 31 2002. The Dutch Queen Beatrix celebrates her 64th birthday two days before the wedding of her son crownprince Willem Alexander with Maxima Zorreguieta.

Polfoto 23-07-2000 © QUEEN INTERNATIONAL REFERENCE: RF/PI QUEEN SOFIA AND PRINCESS CRISTINA AT THE SALES RACES BREITLING CUP IN PALMA DE MALLORCA

Polfoto 12-06-2000 ©QUEEN INTERNATIONAL REFERENCE: RR JULIO IGLESIAS WITH QUEEN SOFIA, FOR A CHARITY CONCERT IN MADRID, WHOSE FUNDS ARE DONATED TO THE QUEEN SOFIA FUNDATION.

Polfoto 12-06-2000 ©QUEEN INTERNATIONAL REFERENCE: RR JULIO IGLESIAS WITH QUEEN SOFIA, FOR A CHARITY CONCERT IN MADRID, WHOSE FUNDS ARE DONATED TO THE QUEEN SOFIA FUNDATION.

Polfoto 20-10-1999 Head shot of Queen Sophia of Spain who attends a gala dinner, 20 October 1999 at the Royal Palace in Madrid, in honour to King Abdallah of Jordania.

Attachments

• SP_sofia_499.jpg
    SP_sofia_499.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 257
  • SP_sofia_498.jpg
    SP_sofia_498.jpg
    19 KB · Views: 312
  • SP_sofia_497.jpg
    SP_sofia_497.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 285
  • SP_juan_carlos_sofia_499.jpg
    SP_juan_carlos_sofia_499.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 273
  • SP_sofia_496.jpg
    SP_sofia_496.jpg
    23.7 KB · Views: 247
  • SP_sofia_495.jpg
    SP_sofia_495.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 350
  • SP_sofia_494.jpg
    SP_sofia_494.jpg
    13.7 KB · Views: 479
  • SP_sofia_494a.jpg
    SP_sofia_494a.jpg
    16 KB · Views: 464
  • SP_sofia_494b.jpg
    SP_sofia_494b.jpg
    21.6 KB · Views: 226
  • SP_sofia_493.jpg
    SP_sofia_493.jpg
    18.8 KB · Views: 556
Last edited by a moderator:
Polfoto 16-07-2000 King Juan Carlos (C-black tie) and Queen Sofia (2nd-L) of Spain de Borbon tour Potosi, Bolivia, 16 July 2000. The Spanish royals are on a five-day official visit to Bolivia.

Polfoto 14-06-2000 © QUEEN INTERNATIONAL/REF EFG KING JUAN CARLOS I AND QUEEN SOFIA OF SPAIN VISITED YESTERDAY GRANADA AND ITS MAIN MONUMENTS.THE KING RECEIVED THE HONOUR OF THE CITY. HERE QUEEN DO„A SOFIA AND KING AT A MUSEUM OF CARLOS V PALACE

Polfoto 23-02-2000 WAP2000022311 - 23 FEBRUARY 2000 - WASHINGTON, D. C. USA: Queen Sofia of Spain and First Lady Hillary Rodham Clinton as they appear February 23rd during the arrival ceremony at the White House for King Juan Carlos I of Spain who is in Washington on a state visit. rg/rw/Ricardo Watson UPI

Polfoto 22-02-2000 King Juan Carlos (L) of Spain, US President Bill Clinton (2nd L), US First Lady Hillary Rodham Clinton (2nd R) and Queen Sofia of Spain ® arrive for a state dinner 23 February 2000 at the White House in Washington, DC. The Spanish royal couple are in the US capital on an official state visit.

Polfoto 04-10-1999 Spain's Queen Sofia arrives o4 October 1999 at Madrid's Royal Palace prior a gala dinner in honor of visiting French President Jacques Chirac.

Polfoto 25-07-1999 Queen Sofia of Spain (L) and Farahdiba, the widow of the late Shah of Iran, during the funeral of King Hassan II of Morocco in Rabat 25 July 1999. King Hassan died at the age of 70, 23 July, after a 38-year rule.

Polfoto 17-03-1999 Queen Sophia of Spain (L) stands next to the General Director of the UNESCO, Frederico Mayor, at the UESCO headquarters in Paris 17 March 1999.

Polfoto 09-11-1997 Queen Sofia of Spain (L) stands with children from the Pemones indian tribe in Southeastern Venezuela at the Canaima National Park 07 November. The Queen and the first ladies of the countries participating in the VII Ibero-Summit visited the park during the first day of the summit. AFP PHOTO/Anne GUYOMARCH/ras

Attachments

• SP_juan_carlos_sofia_498.jpg
    SP_juan_carlos_sofia_498.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 346
  • SP_juan_carlos_sofia_497.jpg
    SP_juan_carlos_sofia_497.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 535
  • SP_sofia_492.jpg
    SP_sofia_492.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 560
  • SP_juan_carlos_sofia_496.jpg
    SP_juan_carlos_sofia_496.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 353
  • SP_sofia_491.jpg
    SP_sofia_491.jpg
    16.3 KB · Views: 533
  • SP_sofia_490.jpg
    SP_sofia_490.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 316
  • SP_sofia_489.jpg
    SP_sofia_489.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 498
  • SP_sofia_488.jpg
    SP_sofia_488.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 490
On the island of Mallorca in April 2000 Elena, Froilan, Sofia and Juanito

Attachments

• Froilan2000.jpg
    Froilan2000.jpg
    9.5 KB · Views: 478
Princess Sophia (l), aged eight, Prince Constantine, aged six, and five-year-old Princess Irene, the children of King Paul and Queen Frederika of Greece, play in the gardens of the royal palace

Attachments

• Sophia__l___8___Constantine__6__and_Irene__5___the_children_of_King_Paul_and_Queen_Frederika_of_Gree
    68.6 KB · Views: 394
Originally posted by Jalmey@Jun 21st, 2003 - 7:55 pm
Corbis

Don Juan Carlos

Wow! He looks so young here! I wonder what this picture is dated? ;)
corbis says:

Date Photographed: September 13, 1961

Hmmmm...Froilan looks a lot like his mother when she was young. :woot:

Froilan? Interesting, I seem to think that Victoria looks like her mother!!

www.corbis.com - Jacqueline Kennedy Conversing with Queen Fredericia

Mrs. Jacqueline Kennedy chats with Queen Frederica of Greece (left), during visit to Royal Palace at Tatoi, near here. Looking at something in background is the U.S. First Lady's sister Princess Lee Radziwill. Mrs. Kennedy arrived October 2nd for a two week rest vacation.

I think Princess Sofia is also pictured on the steps behind her mother and Mrs. Kennedy.

Attachments

• SP_sofia_478u.jpg
    SP_sofia_478u.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 635
www.corbis.com - Prince Felipe on his mother's knees, Queen Sophie of Spain, at Zarzuela palace.

Attachments

• baby_1.jpg
    baby_1.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 617
www.corbis.com - Prince Felipe on his mother's knees, Queen Sophie of Spain, at Zarzuela palace.

Attachments

• baby_1a.jpg
    baby_1a.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 576

Attachments

• baby_1c.jpg
    baby_1c.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 559
www.corbis.com - Left to Right: Prince Felipe on his sister infanta Elena's knees, King Juan Carlos, Queen Sophie, and infanta Cristina, at Zarzuela palace.

Attachments

• family_1.jpg
    family_1.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 735
www.corbis.com - Left to right: King Juan Carlos, Prince Felipe, the Queen of Spain, and infanta Elena, playing at Zarzuela palace.

Attachments

• family_1a.jpg
    family_1a.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 609
www.corbis.com - King Juan Carlos plays with his three children. Left to right: Queen Sophie, Prince Felipe, infanta Elena, King Juan Carlos, and infanta Cristina.

Attachments

• family_1d.jpg
    family_1d.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 608
www.corbis.com - Left to right: infanta Elena, Prince Felipe, Queen Sophie, infanta Cristina, and the King of Spain.

Attachments

• family_2.jpg
    family_2.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 604
www.corbis.com - Left to right: Prince Felipe, King Juan Carlos, Queen Sophie, and infanta Elena, at Zarzuela palace.

Attachments

• family_2a.jpg
    family_2a.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 628
www.corbis.com - Left to right: Infanta Elena, Prince Felipe, Queen Sophie, infanta Cristina, and King Juan Carlos, at Zarzuela Palace.

Attachments

• family_2b.jpg
    family_2b.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 577
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom