Relationships between Members of the Spanish Royal Family

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I believe that Letizia's closest allies within the SRF are Queen Sofia and Elena. The relationship to the King seems to be normal / formal.
Not sure about Cristina, based on videos and photos from the past I believe their relationship is more difficult or at least not as close as it used to be in the beginning (Cristina supported F & L in their early stages), whatever happened, they don't look comfortable at all with each other on the rare occasions they come together and it does not help that the Urdangarins live in Barcelona. I can't recall when they were closely interacting, surely not during occasions last year such as Marivent photoshoot or even worse, at the Alzheimer event last September were they appeared to be really distant. We should not forget that the SRF for the sake of the monarchy will do anything to avoid speculations about people not getting on well with each other, meaning they will have to put on a brave face instead of showing emotions, keeping that in mind I found the interaction of Cristina and Letizia very noticeable - there was an icy atmosphere.

Really to value the attitude of the persons, and more when the images take place before dozens of cameras .... it is very difficult. There is persons that do not feel specially comfortable in this situation.

The past Christmas a journalist was writing in a magazine that had coincided with members of the Royal Family with a club of Madrid near to Zarzuela, and that the Princess and the Infanta were very calm speaking and swinging their girls.

The relaxed times and friendly atmosphere from the times before Letizia are gone, Cristina and Felipe used to be best pals, everyday they are more far apart, I don't know what is happening but things are not what they used to be, you don't get to see those sisters in law eating an icecream together not even by mistake, Elena don't seems to pay much attention to this things, she have enough with Marichalar, the King put a face for two minutes and latter who knows, he dosn't seems to like the whole situation very much and you can say he can't wait for the whole circus to finish, Cristina and family are taking their own way everyday more and more, something happened there, what, who knows, they should be tired about a lot of things and Queen Sofia is fighting all the fires trying to sell Letizia and the monarchy heirs, the Queen need a vacation for the vacation, her teeth and maxillary must hurts, outch.

??
Besides Queen Margrethe, there are no other ladies in the royal family to 'hate' the newcomer. Alexandra Countess Frederiksborg is no more part of the family. Queen Anne-Marie of the Hellenes, Princess of Denmark and Princess Benedikte zu Sayn-Wittgenstein-Berleburg, Princess of Denmark are both married into other Houses.

I have the idea Doña Elena and Doña Cristina go on pleasantly with Princess Letizia.

I should have specified that the media always makes it seem as if the lady who has been in the family the longest (wife of brother, sister-in-law, mothers-in-law, etc.) hates the newcomer into the family. In Denmark, they say it's Mary against Marie, and before it was Alexandra against Mary, but that's a discussion for another time and place. In this case, they say Cristina and Letizia don't like each other. It may be true, that they're in a rift, some personalities just don't get along together. But what is most likely the case is that they like each other fine, are not best friends, but get along ok. You see Elena acting with Letizia more because her children are older and more self-sufficient. Cristina has her hands full with the three boys, who are pretty ok, but she also has Irene. Irene is two, and she seems a bit less extroverted, one of those who clings to their parents all the time, and that can be quite consuming for Mom and Dad. Letizia also has small children, Leonor, who I think would be quite fine by herself and is much less clingy, but if not controlled will probably be running all over the place. Little Sofia is just a baby, and needs her mother as well. They may talk, etc. in private, but it's rather hard to talk in a photoshoot or other public event when you have four, or even one, wild child to control!

I've noticed over the years that there is very little interaction between Elena and Cristina. Lots between both infantas and their brother, both infantas and the queen and both infantas and the king, but very little between the two sisters. I don't necessarily think they don't get along, but you would think two sisters would be together socially occasionally, would talk at events, etc., but I don't see much of that.

The families change and change the relations, because we are not the same persons at the age of 20 bachelors and without responsibilities, that to the 40 with a couple, children and a work.

The Infantas Elena and Cristina are going to go on with the time to a background ... it is the logical evolution ... before the Infanta Cristina was going to the Nautic Club every day, last and this year, only one has gone. For her and for her family it is an authentic liberation, to continue enjoying the vacations, without inconveniences.

A few years ago, it was very strange to see the Infantas doing slightly together, now they have children of age similar whom they try to join often in order that they play together. Irene still is too little, sometimes they leave her in house and she finishes remaining with the grandmother and with the aunt Letizia to pass time with Leonor.

The Infantas have a type of life different, with another type of responsibilities, with more freedom and fewer pressure of the press and of the public opinion.

The Princes of Asturias have increasingly acts, two little girls, measured of safety more forts and many pressure of the press. Their life is more limited. Initially the Princess was going home of her mother, or was travelling to Asturias to visit her grandmother ... but now with two babies it is family the one that is going to visit her to Zarzuela.

On the other hand, it is normal that the Queen appears more publicly with the Princes ... because it is the Queen, they the Princes and the girls Infantas of Spain. It in the institutional and official plane. On the other hand, it is logical that the Princess of Asturias has a nearby relation with the Queen Sofia or with the Princess Irena ... because they are seen every day ... while she can see the Infanta Elena 1 day a week because they live in the same city and to the Infanta Cristina once a month.

The relaxed times and friendly atmosphere from the times before Letizia are gone, Cristina and Felipe used to be best pals, everyday they are more far apart, I don't know what is happening but things are not what they used to be, you don't get to see those sisters in law eating an icecream together not even by mistake, Elena don't seems to pay much attention to this things, she have enough with Marichalar, the King put a face for two minutes and latter who knows, he dosn't seems to like the whole situation very much and you can say he can't wait for the whole circus to finish, Cristina and family are taking their own way everyday more and more, something happened there, what, who knows, they should be tired about a lot of things and Queen Sofia is fighting all the fires trying to sell Letizia and the monarchy heirs, the Queen need a vacation for the vacation, her teeth and maxillary must hurts, outch.

That pretty much covers it IMO and it's not too different from normal families where some siblings get along well and others don't. The only difference for the SRF is that if they want to fight out their dissents they have to do it behind closed doors and put on a brave face when being in public because first and foremost there is the monarchy and the image. Whatever Spaniards would think if SFR family members showed their disagreement with each other in public - it was not helpful for the future of the monarchy, that's for sure. So they do what they have to do, bear it and smile, let the circus pass, some members more, others less. The King very much minds his own business so it's up to Sofia to keep the family together. She seems to get on well with Letizia and I don't question that but on the other hand, what happened if she did not? Sofia would never ever show that she disliked her daughter in law in public because, back to start, this would ruin her standing as PoA completely and as a consequence be a major blow for a future King and Queen of Spain. Not so easy, eh?

Already we have commented that the King is a man, who for age and education, already passes a bit from these things. The Queen lives enchanted surrounded with all her grandchildren. She is the one that has taken always more the weight of the family, and it is the normal thing.

I believe that in general the Royal Family does not feel comfortable with this excess of media pressure, when the Princes and daughters are, the press raises the level of madness. The family photo was not done since Froilán was 1 year old ... and now it has returned to be done.

On the relation of the Queen and the Princes, always this relation is conceived as the support of the Queen to the Princes, and one never sees the relation in the inverse way. The Queen always has been alone enough, on everything after her daughters went away of house, though she continued having Felipe. The companion of the Queen is the Princess Irene, but she neither has a very narrow relation with her sisters-in-law nor has many friends in Madrid. Now the Queen has his son, a daughter-in-law with whom to share conversation and two granddaughters whom she can see every day.

That pretty much covers it IMO and it's not too different from normal families where some siblings get along well and others don't. The only difference for the SRF is that if they want to fight out their dissents they have to do it behind closed doors and put on a brave face when being in public because first and foremost there is the monarchy and the image. Whatever Spaniards would think if SFR family members showed their disagreement with each other in public - it was not helpful for the future of the monarchy, that's for sure. So they do what they have to do, bear it and smile, let the circus pass, some members more, others less. The King very much minds his own business so it's up to Sofia to keep the family together. She seems to get on well with Letizia and I don't question that but on the other hand, what happened if she did not? Sofia would never ever show that she disliked her daughter in law in public because, back to start, this would ruin her standing as PoA completely and as a consequence be a major blow for a future King and Queen of Spain. Not so easy, eh?

No, not easy at all, but Queen Sofia is such a professional that she will rather goes with Letizia and the girls (not that that will be an unpleasant task) that spent time with their daughters as in other summers, because after the El Jueves polemic, the article saying that Letizia and the King had zero feeling between them etc etc Letizia, Felipe and by extension the girls needs reassurance and since Letizia dosn't have any known friend or family in Palma and the sisters in law are minding their own business somebody had to be with her.

I know you will understand my point since this summer we never really get to see and-or swallow the whole family thing, as other years, they were all kind of appart, in little clans.

Last edited:
I´m worried about the relationship between Inaki and his eldest son Valentin. This boy always looks unhappy, I can´t remember the last time I´ve seen his teeth while laughing. He always seems to rebel against his father what I noticed on lots of photos. He doesn´t like to be touched by his father and so on. Just my impression.

Oh I never had that impression and if you look at this picture I dosn't seems to be any problems with those two.

Iñaki and Juan Valentin
Juan Valentin all smiles with Froilan

Getty and El Mundo.

Last edited:

If Cristina and Felipe used to be best pals or Cristina was Felipe's closet confidant as some claimed, then this type of relation is bounded to change after Felipe's marriage. It doesn't mean Felipe loves his sister (vice versa) any less. He has a wife now, he needn't (shouldn't) consult his sister for everything. On the other hand, one has 4 kids, the other has 2 very small ones, live in different cities, both are busy with their own lives.
It's rather baseless to blame Letizia (like you always did on everything) on Cristina's low key style in Mallorca. In fact, whether her family was present or not, it wouldn't take away the spotlight from the Asturias. You sounded like Cristina was such a jealous woman who didn't like her mother's constant effort to promote the Asturian family, I doubt there was any truth to it.
Since you liked to speculate, I also could give you two cents. Perhaps the issue was between the King and Inaki. After the mini financial 'scandal' in the Balearic Islands, the King forced Inaki to resign from his sports consultant company where he was a VP and a partner. I don't think Inaki was happy about the decision (If I were him, I wouldn't either). He didn't do anything illegal. If someone was willing to give his company contracts because he was the son-in-law of the King, it was not his problem. Perhaps they were not happy with some of the things happened in the Balearics, wanted to be low-key themselves or even told by Zarzuela to be low-key in Mallorca, who knows. For example, last year, it was the 25th anniversary of the King's Cup Regata (not Letizia's Cup), Cristina and her family were not at the award ceremony, but Cristina and Inaki went to a group dinner with Felipe, Letizia and other friends afterwards. It didn't seem they were doing so badly with the Asturias.

I don't get any information on the Spainish royal family except what I read here, so this is purely speculation but to me it seems like Leti and Elena are closer then Cristina. This could be because Cristina has 4 children and also because she lives in Barcalona. Felipe seems to have good relationship with everyone and I think the longer Leti is a part of the family, the closer she will be with the rest of the members. I think a lot of what we see comes from the pressures of always being watched while trying to raise a family, I personally think they are all doing a fantastic job, I wouldn't want it. The King comes from the same generation as my father, back then, men didn't get too involved with the "raising" of the children nor did they show much emotion. The King seems to show more emotion with his grandchildren but I think he has to keep a public persona, which keeps him a little removed. To me, this really does seem like a wonderful family. The only one I find a different is Jamie, but after learning he had a stroke, I kind of undertand.

And lets no forget that Elena and Cristina are really close, they go together to the sky resorts etc, their kids are always together, you should expect (instead of two couples) three couples with their kids. BTW I haven't blame nobody so far. ;)

Cristina and Elena are in the same position geographically as the Asturias, one family in Madrid and the other in Barcelona. ;)

Last edited:
No, not easy at all, but Queen Sofia is such a professional that she will rather goes with Letizia and the girls (not that that will be an unpleasant task) that spent time with their daughters as in other summers, because after the El Jueves polemic, the article saying that Letizia and the King had zero feeling between them etc etc Letizia, Felipe and by extension the girls needs reassurance and since Letizia dosn't have any known friend or family in Palma and the sisters in law are minding their own business somebody had to be with her.

I know you will understand my point since this summer we never really get to see and-or swallow the whole family thing, as other years, they were all kind of appart, in little clans.

I don't see Cristina's family behaved any differently last year as this year. Her ship was out of the competition, so she chose to sail around the Balearic Islands with her family, just like last year. She and her family decided not to hang around to be the bored cheerleaders, good for her and the kids.

Last edited:
And lets no forget that Elena and Cristina are really close, they go together to the sky resorts etc, their kids are always together, you should expect (instead of two couples) three couples with their kids. BTW I haven't blame nobody so far. ;)

Cristina and Elena are in the same position geographically as the Asturias, one family in Madrid and the other in Barcelona. ;)

Their kids' ages were similar. Plus Froilan seems to be a loner at home, he certainly loves to play with his boy cousins. How could Letizia go ski when she was pregnant and not felt well most of the time ? Froilan and Victoria seem to be close to Leonor too.

On the relation of the Queen and the Princes, always this relation is conceived as the support of the Queen to the Princes, and one never sees the relation in the inverse way. The Queen always has been alone enough, on everything after her daughters went away of house, though she continued having Felipe. The companion of the Queen is the Princess Irene, but she neither has a very narrow relation with her sisters-in-law nor has many friends in Madrid. Now the Queen has his son, a daughter-in-law with whom to share conversation and two granddaughters whom she can see every day.

Exactly. Any feuds between the mother-in-law and daughter-in-law usually results in the mother seeing her beloved son and grandchildren less. The Queen is a very wise woman, I think she perfectly understands that a good relation with her daughter-in-law not only benefits the monarchy, also benefits herself emotionally. I remember the TVE special on Leonor's 1st birthday mentioned that Letizia took Leonor to Zarzuela almost everyday to visit her grandparents (I guess mainly the Queen). A good relation certainly helps both parties.

Letizia seemed to be extremely close to Cristina and Inaki at Erika´s funeral.
Polfoto
Polfoto
Polfoto
Polfoto
I think this is more than just polite sympathy from the part of Cristina and Inaki towards Letizia. Probably they are in good terms, but because everyone is busy with their work and children and they are living far away from each other, they see each other rather seldom.

Let me see if I can sum up all the speculations here:

- If two people are smiling at each other, they must have put on the brave face for the good of the monarchy.

- If they don't smile at each other, they must dislike each other.

- If two people stand several feet apart in a group photo, trouble is brewing between them.

- If they are not shown talking to each other while surrounded by a big group of people, they must be feuding.

- If two families don't vacation together, watch it. A cold war is going on.

Do I get it all? :rolleyes:

The Infantas Elena and Cristina started going on holidays together two years ago, when their children came to an age in which they could share games. Before they were never doing it, if it was not with their parents.

The Princes are not the Infantas and cannot do the same life that they, and less now with two girls.

The Prince has his commitments and responsibilities, and if he has to take part in the Cup Breitling (because as his father has imposed it like that if he does not take part there is scandal for the whole summer), it is not possible to go on holidays to Lanzarote because Iñaki gives there a conference. Also enough for years the Prince is not going to ski to Baqueira in Christmas like the Kings do not go. The Kings the age influenced, but also the public's excess and press that centers there in these dates, and the attempt of terrorist assault that existed.

Not only the Prince has had to change his life. The Princess also has had to resign many things of her familiar life, probably to her would be charmed with being able to go to Asturias to house of her grandmother ... but she cannot. While they were alone, though with problems, they were organized .. but now with the girls and the problems to control the safety of the house, they have it more difficult.

Letizia seemed to be extremely close to Cristina and Inaki at Erika´s funeral.
Polfoto
Polfoto
Polfoto
Polfoto
I think this is more than just polite sympathy from the part of Cristina and Inaki towards Letizia. Probably they are in good terms, but because everyone is busy with their work and children and they are living far away from each other, they see each other rather seldom.

A funeral is something very special and each human being who has been brought up in a proper way (which obviously applies to all members of the royal family) will show affection. Especially in Erika's case, taking her own life, is a devastating situation and one must be very very cold blooded not to feel with Letizia. So I do not doubt for one second that the affection shown by Felipe's sisters came from the bottom of their hearts.
On the other hand, if there is dissent, it does not mean all is gone just because of what happened, one thing has not so much to do with the other.

So I don't think the funeral does not give any hint if they are close or distant because it's such an extraordinary event. Besides, again, at such events you HAVE to show you stand together, any other statement would be a nightmare for the image of the SRF and give fuel for other speculations.

I've read before that Infanta Cristina and Princess Letizia do not enjoy a close relationship, does anybody know if this is true?
I have no idea and I always fnd this a strange rumour as when Felipe and Letizia first got together it was speculated that Cristina supported them greatly.

Since you liked to speculate, I also could give you two cents. Perhaps the issue was between the King and Inaki. After the mini financial 'scandal' in the Balearic Islands, the King forced Inaki to resign from his sports consultant company where he was a VP and a partner. I don't think Inaki was happy about the decision (If I were him, I wouldn't either). He didn't do anything illegal. If someone was willing to give his company contracts because he was the son-in-law of the King, it was not his problem. Perhaps they were not happy with some of the things happened in the Balearics, wanted to be low-key themselves or even told by Zarzuela to be low-key in Mallorca, who knows. For example, last year, it was the 25th anniversary of the King's Cup Regata (not Letizia's Cup), Cristina and her family were not at the award ceremony, but Cristina and Inaki went to a group dinner with Felipe, Letizia and other friends afterwards. It didn't seem they were doing so badly with the Asturias.
I've thought that too (although I didn't want to say anything, or some fanatic members here would eat me alive - you know, some people here say they feel frightened to criticise Letizia, but I would say they are the ones who can not stand any criticism about their favourite royals :rolleyes: ).

It was clear enough last year that Iñaki felt the need to keep a very low-key profile, during the vacations. It was just after that polemic about his business deals with the balearic government and all anti-royalist press attacks accusing him of making money on his royal status. I think he did well in choosing to be away from the lenses (he and his children hardly appeared for the "media circus" during the regattas)... Since then, the Urdangarín clan seems to prefer spending their Mallorcan vacations apart and with less fuss around them.

Its hard to judge a relationship from pictures since we have to somehow speculate what is goin on. Off course for the media or at events they all have to have a smile on their face but that doesnt always meen something is good.
I think that Queen Sofia has the ebst equall relation with each memeber of the family, she seems to be a very warm loving person.
Sometimes from pictures (could be wrong) that Infanta Christina & Letizia dont get a long too well

Article from spanish magacine:

De vacaciones con los niños

No me fío un pelo de los rumores y mucho menos de los que te aseguran que son de buena tinta. Sin ir más lejos, el otro día me fui con mi hija al Club de Campo y me encontré de sopetón con la chiquillería real. Me refiero a los hijos de la Infanta Cristina, la Infanta Elena y la de los Príncipes de Asturias. ¡Todos juntitos! Era un día soleado y apenas si había gente. Me imagino que estarían comprando como locos. Jaime de Marichalar tenía pinta de aburrirse bastante, pero ejercía de papá. Eché de menos a Don Felipe y Doña Elena, pero me encantó ver cómo Doña Letizia y Doña Cristina charlaban sin parar mientras columpiaban a sus hijas, Leonor e Irene. La imagen que daban era la de dos cuñadas muy bien avenidas. Para que luego digan las malas lenguas que se llevan mal.

Tiempo nº 1289 8/14 enero 2007

translation from google (sorry):

Of vacations with the children

I much less do not entrust a hair in the rumors and which they assure to you that they are of good red. Without going more far, the other day I went with my daughter to the Club of Field and I was of sopetón with chiquillería real (royal children). I talk about the children of Infanta Cristina, Infanta Elena and the one of Princes of Asturias. All together! It was a sunny day and hardly if there were people. I imagine that they would be buying like crazy people. Jaime de Marichalar had dot to become bored enough, but he exerted of dady. I missed to Don Felipe and Doña Elena, but I enchanted to see how Doña Letizia and Doña Cristina chatted without stopping while they give a swing to his daughters, Leonor and Irene. The image that they gave was the one of two very well reconciled sisters-in-law. So that soon they say the bad languages that take bad.

We can see today in pics at princess Letizia and queen Sofia talk and confidents in their private live, Cristina and Letizia have same behavior out of camera.

In an earlier post I was worried about the relationship between Inaki and Valentin. But the latest photos show them very close to each other. So hopefully I was wrong and therefore I excuse.

well by the pictures we hav seen so far from this summer vacations we can assme that bth Infantas and Letiza dont get well along! But Letizia and the Queen are bes friends! For example we could see Cristina and Elena at the beach with their friends and kids but no Filipe and Letizia, we could never see them speaking, laughing etc!! Bothe Filipe and Letizia went to the beach aone! I think that both little girls don't get well along either, even at that age they shold play with each other and we have never seen those images not just once when they are thogether, that is very strange to me, of course it is not their fault but their parens fault becuse to me they really don't get ver well along with! They speak of course but not more than that!

So am I correct in understanding that you think Cristina/Inaki and Felipe/Letizia have told Irene/Leonor not to play together?!

So am I correct in understanding that you think Cristina/Inaki and Felipe/Letizia have told Irene/Leonor not to play together?!

I wouldn't go that far ;)

For me it's quite natural that there is a very close relation between Elena and Cristina and as it is in most families, a sister in law will hardly be able to share this inner bond.
Talking from the pictures and that's all we can do I don't see an affectionate relation between Cristina and Letizia, not only these days but for the last two years or so. As they were reported to be close in the beginning, I assume there was or still is dissens over whatever and given they can't show too much in public their joint appearances - if it all - give the impression they don't care too much or are indifferent, at least from Cristina's side towards Letizia, and that might reflect on the every day relations of the kids as well. No big deal, happens in many families doesn't it.

I was very impressed with Cristina these days, too bad I can't say the same about Letizia. Cristina seems to be very self assured, balanced, happy and at ease with herself, a woman in her prime who has found her position in the family and society, Letizia still seems insecure, like an apprentice, although she is already a family member for over three years now. Her only source of self esteem seems to be Felipe and her daughters but not her position as Princess of Asturias or future Queen of Spain. For me Letizia looks a person who used to love attention and the spotlight and always needed a reassuring public that she's doing well etc to get her share of self confidence so the critics of the past years have taken their toll on her. Her relations with Elena look a bit closer as she lives in Madrid but Elena obviously has her own things to sort out within her family.

I wouldn't go that far ;)

For me it's quite natural that there is a very close relation between Elena and Cristina and as it is in most families, a sister in law will hardly be able to share this inner bond.
Talking from the pictures and that's all we can do I don't see an affectionate relation between Cristina and Letizia, not only these days but for the last two years or so. As they were reported to be close in the beginning, I assume there was or still is dissens over whatever and given they can't show too much in public their joint appearances - if it all - give the impression they don't care too much or are indifferent, at least from Cristina's side towards Letizia, and that might reflect on the every day relations of the kids as well. No big deal, happens in many families doesn't it.

I was very impressed with Cristina these days, too bad I can't say the same about Letizia. Cristina seems to be very self assured, balanced, happy and at ease with herself, a woman in her prime who has found her position in the family and society, Letizia still seems insecure, like an apprentice, although she is already a family member for over three years now. Her only source of self esteem seems to be Felipe and her daughters but not her position as Princess of Asturias or future Queen of Spain. For me Letizia looks a person who used to love attention and the spotlight and always needed a reassuring public that she's doing well etc to get her share of self confidence so the critics of the past years have taken their toll on her. Her relations with Elena look a bit closer as she lives in Madrid but Elena obviously has her own things to sort out within her family.

I'm sorry, dear Duke of Marmelade, but {edited by Avalon} your psychologic considerations about the relations of the Infantas Elena and Cristina with the Princess of Asturias are a little summary ( understatment ) and the last but not the least your psychologic analysis of the the spotlight necessetis of the Princess of Asturias is worthy of the Barbara Cartland 's books and not the best ones.

You are forgetting one think, very important in any observations, is the true and deep character of the person. The Princess of Asturias is very cerebral person and if she want to be on the spotlight in a way or one other, is very easy for her to do it; more I think that since the begining of the year she has been totaly under the spotlight, may be in a very difficult role, in wich she was totally succesful when she lost her little sister - I'm not sacarstic-

One other think that you are passing totaly under the silence, is how the motherhood has changed the cold aspect of the Princess of Asturias. And with her two girls, as a mother of Infantas of Spain, she is totally under the spotlihts, isen't it?

Last edited by a moderator:
... your psychologic analysis of the the spotlight necessetis of the Princess of Asturias is worthy of the Barbara Cartland 's books and not the best ones.
:lol: Good one adelaide, I am sure she wouldn't mind as she has sold over a billion books :lol:

You are forgetting one think, very important in any observations, is the true and deep character of the person. The Princess of Asturias is very cerebral person and if she want to be on the spotlight in a way or one other, is very easy for her to do it; more I think that since the begining of the year she has been totaly under the spotlight, may be in a very difficult role, in wich she was totally succesful when she lost her little sister - I'm not sacarstic-

Good you mention that as it does sound sarcastic. Apart from that event and motherhood she hasn't touched gold recently in terms of positive coverage. Letizia has been critizised for everything and I think this left an impact on her as I don't see her comforable in her role (and the concept of the role, although Spain is Spain, does not help). I don't blame her for that because it might be human when you come from a very successful life, receiving lots of praise for your work etc and then you marry a prince and everything is different, like what was right yesterday is wrong today.
One other think that you are passing totaly under the silence, is how the motherhood has changed the cold aspect of the Princess of Asturias. And with her two girls, as a mother of Infantas of Spain, she is totally under the spotlihts, isen't it?
I never thought Letizia was a cold person. I think she was able to show emotions from the beginning the same way she does now, not only after she became a mother.

Back
Top Bottom