Relationships between Members of the Spanish Royal Family

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I can not comment because the video lasts only a few seconds. We do not know what happened next.

Marie-Chantal should avoid commenting. It can become unpleasant.

Goodness doesn’t look good but it’s only a few seconds and maybe security related

I've read on TRF and other sites that they aren't as close and that Sofia has complained about not seeing her grandaughters that much. Also its true Letizia can't hide her emotions that well but we are all different. I've also read that Letizia is a bit cold and distant but maybe she's too professional and lacks charisma.

I think we dont know what happened in that scene, maybe it was protecting sofia and leonor. Imo it was leonor who removed q.sofias arm.
About MC i dont care about this women and she is the last person who should talk about family and grandparents. ( a few years ago King Constantin had an operation and wanted his family for christmas on his side, but Madame MC decided to go to Bahamas with her family) I always thought she dont like letizia, maybe more after the inaki cristina scandal. Im sorry if this is off topic.

I don't care if the video is 20 seconds or 20 minutes, that is clearly not a happy scene at all, however people try to spin it.

Letizia is clearly deliberately blocking a picture of Sofia with her granddaughters and Leonor takes her cue from her mother and pushes her grandmother away with something approaching disdain.

So, so sad. The articles I've read on this suggest that Letizia completely controls the two girls and Sofia rarely sees them which hurts her greatly. Given Sofia's marriage has been a complete sham for a very long time and how she dotes on her grandchildren, it's even more sad.

Felipe looked rather helpless, which fits in with the narrative that Letizia very much rules the roost. Not sure that's a good look for a reigning monarch.

Wow, the most shocking thing for me here is MC getting involved so publicly. Of course she has insight into the dynamics of the SRF or is even part of them, her making this comment speaks volumes about what is going on behind the scenes.

I've seen countless videos and pictures Letizia remote-controlling the girls, constantly touching them, fiddling with their hair, watching their every step and gestures. Many might think of it as motherly love or affection but it always gives me the creeps.

True we don't know the background and I don't want to take sides, Sofia for sure is as much proud grandmother as knowing very cleverly to use grandchildren as props for positive PR and Letizia likes to be in control of everything, situations like these will now easily occur since the girls are getting too old to hide them away all the time or put them through a short choreography and leave. I agree the girls seem lost without guidance since they have never been without it.

Very unfortunate to see something something like this in public and a wider family member commenting on it in such a way.

True wedon't know the background and I don't want to take sides, Sofia for sure is as much proud grandmother as knowing very cleverly to use grandchildren as props for positive PR and Letizia likes to be in control of everything, situations like these will now easily occur since the girls are getting too old to hide them away all the time or put them through a short choreography and leave. I agree the girls seem lost without guidance since they have never been without it..

I've read (gossip) stories that Queen Sofia even has to give treats like candy or chocolate secretly to the girls because Letizia doesn't allow them to eat sugar, but that is probably fake news.

The truth, as ever, probably sits somewhere in the middle but it is uncomfortable watching. It, along with Marie Chantal's comments, certainly seem to suggest all is not well in the SRF. (Are we sure that is really MC's own twitter?!)

The video doesn’t portray anyone in a good light.
Letizia seems to want to prevent Sofia having a picture taken with her grand-daughters. Sofia looks like she’s ready to take those children away. As for Leonor I think Sofia must catch her when she trie to move Letizia out of the way which is way Leonor tries to push her off.

I mostly feel sorry for Felipe, watching his family crumble basically.

Leonor is at an age where she does not want to be treated like a little girl.

Yeah...that was a little uncomfortable to watch. :sad:

The video doesn’t portray anyone in a good light.
Letizia seems to want to prevent Sofia having a picture taken with her grand-daughters. Sofia looks like she’s ready to take those children away. As for Leonor I think Sofia must catch her when she trie to move Letizia out of the way which is way Leonor tries to push her off.

I mostly feel sorry for Felipe, watching his family crumble basically.

Before Letizia came, Leonor was fine and then her whole demeanor changed when her mother came.

Apparently Marie-Chantal of Greece has commented on the video somewhere saying that “no grandmother should be treated that way”.

Goodness! I don't really follow the Spanish Royal Family, so knew nothing of this supposed rift. Does anyone on the Forum know any more than is stated in the article?
I'm so shocked by the interactions between the two Queens in the video clip, and how the poor Princesses are being pulled between them. Queen Sofia looks so upset, but we can't see Queen Letitia's face. We almost NEVER see Royals behaving like this - despite what's going on behind the scenes, and often there is quite a lot, they invariably put on the smiles and good grace.
Can things really be this bad? I fear this doesn't bode well for the future of the Spanish Royal Family.

Goodness! I don't really follow the Spanish Royal Family, so knew nothing of this supposed rift. Does anyone on the Forum know any more than is stated in the article?
I'm so shocked by the interactions between the two Queens in the video clip, and how the poor Princesses are being pulled between them. Queen Sofia looks so upset, but we can't see Queen Letitia's face. We almost NEVER see Royals behaving like this - despite what's going on behind the scenes, and often there is quite a lot, they invariably put on the smiles and good grace.
Can things really be this bad? I fear this doesn't bode well for the future of the Spanish Royal Family.

Felipe needs to do something about this now. It was so uncomfortable to watch.

Princess Marie Chantal should keep her mouth shut as she wasn't there in person,granted it doesn't look good and was very uncomfortable to watch.

Princess Marie-Chantal won't be invited to Spain anytime soon ,I don't think Letizia is close with any of her Greek or Borbon relations so she probably won't care about those careless comments.

I've read elsewherethat there is definitely a spat, there are tensions because Sophia continues to support Cristina. Sophia stays near her brother in Greece and also I think she sees a lot of members of the Greek royal family, hence MC interjecting herself into it. Not very edifying.

Before Letizia came, Leonor was fine and then her whole demeanor changed when her mother came.

Hmmm I don't think so...neither girl looks fine if you look at their body language. Tense situation for sure.

LaRae

Hmmm I don't think so...neither girl looks fine if you look at their body language. Tense situation for sure.

LaRae

What makes it even more shocking is that they had just left an Easter mass .

It's only a 15 second clip, and we don't know what was actually happening or what had happened in private, but the video was indeed very uncomfortable to watch. I don't think it was appropriate for Marie Chantal to insert herself publicly like that, but it doesn't surprise me that she's taking Queen Sofia's side. Sofia seems to remain very close with the Greek side of the family, while Felipe and Letizia seem decidedly less so. Have the Greek royals continued to support/interact with Cristina? I know that she was also very close with that side of the family, and that could also be one source of tension between the different factions. It's pretty clear that relationships have been tense in the SRF, especially since Crisitina and Inaki's scandal, but it's very sad that the girls have seemingly been caught up in it now.

No one should of spoken about it in public setting. All families have their issues...but you don't tell the world about it!

After an Easter Mass too..especially sad.

LaRae

Back
Top Bottom