The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 04-07-2018, 02:33 PM
Courtier

LOL, what a fake move.
They have to start to work on the Felipe/Leonor angle now.

Old 04-07-2018, 02:39 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitty1224 View Post
It seems so forced.
They both, Queens Letizia and Sofia *have to* do this. This is the *job* that is required of them at all times. This was a *family spat* as all families have these, noting new or unusual here. This is for the good of the monarchy not just Letizia or Sofia but as a whole for the entire family and the country.

Where it seems fake or not is besides the point, they must make amends with each other for if not then this family will crumble and that will not be in the best interest of the monarchy and country as a whole.

I sincerely hope that both ladies are talking and working on their issues that caused this. Both as I have said earlier were at fault, not just one but BOTH as it takes 2 people to create an disagreement. Above all they must work hard *together* for Lenore's sake for she is the future of Spain, she is the most important one here now, not Letizia or Sofia.

Old 04-07-2018, 02:43 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
for the entire family and the country.
AMEN.. a necessary move..
Old 04-07-2018, 02:53 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

The church incident was unfortunate but i was shocked more by the pappers,social media reaction!!!! really it was nasty to drag the two Queens like that in these madness of hesteria like if the country have no better issue than a family raw even if ths familty is the royal family.
I hope today pictures will end all these madness so King Felipe and the country can focus on the most important cases.
Old 04-07-2018, 03:03 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

A united front visiting old king Juan Carlos in hospital ,I don't care if its fake or not its time to move on.
Old 04-07-2018, 03:35 PM
Majesty

we know it is fake because when did letizia ever opened the door to anyone, let alone her in laws? never, because they have people opening their doors for them. clearly in this situation they told the footmen not to intervene and calculated that letizia had to open the door for sofia (as if that is required, takes longer for sofia to wait than open the door herself!) because they needed a PR stunt.

they never showed up anytime they visited members of the family in hospital by driving themselves to the door - they walked through the main door, presumably having parked somewhere before or being dropped off. but clearly, there would be no way of letizia showing respect for sofia if they just walked through the door. what was she going to do if they just walked in? hug her in front of the cameras?

we know it is fake by the fact that the three of them have 1000 watt smiles on their faces - they are visiting someone who is sick/recovering at hospital, clearly it is not the perfect occasion to be smiling at unison. why are they smiling if not to try to show they are a happy united family? we also know it is fake because when did letizia hold sofia by the waist in public, such as today https://www.hola.com/imagenes/realez...-sofia2-z.jpg?

too many coincidences all at once.

it just looks so fake. if they have PR managers, they should be fired.
Old 04-07-2018, 03:35 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by miss whirley View Post
Regarding today's joint appearance with the Letizia opening the car door for Sofia. Imo, too much too soon. Should of had normal politeness today. Start with kindness then over time add in gestures of affection (car door). It would make the progress in their relationship look more natural instead of a forced PR exercise. I don't think anyone believes that the two have repaired their relationship this much in 6 days.
Opening a car door for someone else (especially an older person in the back seat) is normal politeness not a gesture of affection.

The two women made an effort to be civil to each other in public, we should just let it go now.

It is ridiculous that this family incident has created this much drama.
Old 04-07-2018, 03:39 PM
Heir Apparent

I think, on this occasion, it was deliberate either by their PR team or Letizia (a journalists by training). Soon this will be all somewhat forgotten (until the next family drama) they just need to get through more appearances such as this until they become more natural.
Old 04-07-2018, 03:48 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by O-H Anglophile View Post

The two women made an effort to be civil to each other in public, we should just let it go now.

It is ridiculous that this family incident has created this much drama.
i agree,alot of drama about smal incident i am sure what ever the relation between the two women they forgot about it the instant they step outside the church or when they were heading home i can't understand why everyone else wouldn't let it go it's a whole week now since the mass and still each second something new,a video,a photo....this is silly this is madness and it must stop now before turning to something much more dangerous and no controllable Imo
Old 04-07-2018, 04:02 PM
Heir Presumptive

Not being a mind reader, nor a lip reader...

... I am unable to say with certainty what actually happened at the Cathedral that day. I can, however, say with certainty that Leonor had to struggle away from her grandmother’s tight embrace twice, and that is what I will remember. And by going to google images, I can see dozens of pictures of the girls with their grandmother.

If there is truly a rift between the two Queens, the Infantas will certainly take their mother’s side. If I were Sofía, I would keep that in mind, otherwise her relationship with her granddaughters may not be close as they go through their teens and into adulthood. That happens in non royal families as well.

Abraham Lincoln
Old 04-07-2018, 04:31 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by M. Payton View Post
They both, Queens Letizia and Sofia *have to* do this. This is the *job* that is required of them at all times. This was a *family spat* as all families have these, noting new or unusual here. This is for the good of the monarchy not just Letizia or Sofia but as a whole for the entire family and the country.

Where it seems fake or not is besides the point, they must make amends with each other for if not then this family will crumble and that will not be in the best interest of the monarchy and country as a whole.

I sincerely hope that both ladies are talking and working on their issues that caused this. Both as I have said earlier were at fault, not just one but BOTH as it takes 2 people to create an disagreement. Above all they must work hard *together* for Lenore's sake for she is the future of Spain, she is the most important one here now, not Letizia or Sofia.
I agree wholeheartedly, fake or not, this had to be done. If Sofia and Letizia hadn't appeared in public together the tabloids and social media trolls would insist they were still feuding and this whole thing would keep festering.

This has been blown all out of proportion. Despite my misgivings about Letizia she DOES NOT deserve all the abuse she's taken.

It's my understanding she's estranged from most of Felipe's family, Spanish & Greek. I hope she has the sense to mend fences with her mother-in-law, the one person who stood by her when the rest of the family did not.
Old 04-07-2018, 04:35 PM
Nobility

Other people may think this visit was "over the top" Imo there was no way not attenting JC together. Maybe "open the door" was to much but could you imagine what people would say if just Felipe & Sofia had visit JC? We still dont know what happened exactly( and i dont care) i think its not unusually looking happy with someone you have some issues, i had a couple of confrontation with my Mother in law, talked with her hours later and the other day everything was fine.. Why shouldnt this possible in a royal family?

Imo there was too much attention about NOTHING

For people who say they do not open car doors themself. look at this!

http://www2.pictures.zimbio.com/pc/Q...my9qEidRol.jpg

https://media.gettyimages.com/photos...re-id142886731

https://www.gettyimages.de/license/142659964
Old 04-07-2018, 04:39 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlota View Post
we know it is fake because when did letizia ever opened the door to anyone, let alone her in laws? never, because they have people opening their doors for them.

they never showed up anytime they visited members of the family in hospital by driving themselves to the door - they walked through the main door, presumably having parked somewhere before or being dropped off.
One thing is to criticize, another to say things that are absolutely a lie.

King Felipe ALWAYS drives the car when he visits a relative in the hospital, the place where he parks the car, depends on the hospital, but often he does it in front of the door.

Felipe and Letizia are also the ones who take their daughters out of the car.

La Familia Real se reúne con el Rey en el hospital
La Reina, los Príncipes y la Infanta Elena llegan al hospital para visitar al Rey - RTVE.es
https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2rcbs5
https://elpais.com/elpais/2012/04/10...83_880194.html
Old 04-07-2018, 04:44 PM
Imperial Majesty

Well, to me it looked like at fair attempt at improving their image and to do so in as "natural" way as possible.
King Felipe drove the car himself, so it was "natural" for Queen Letizia" to open the door for Queen Sofia.

We can discuss whether they were smiling too much to each other for it to look convincing let alone natural, but at least it's an attempt to do something. And they didn't fight this time, so that's an improvement...
It does show that they have noticed that the cathedral-incident was disastrous and that they intend to do something about it.

More like this, please.

What's the reaction on the street?
What do people on the street believe the SRF should do to address their poor image? - Serious suggestions that is. Not sending Queen Letizia to Timbuktu without a return address... That option is of course out of the question.
Old 04-07-2018, 04:51 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by An Ard Ri View Post
Hopefully now this tabloid tale will fade away and all the nasty stories/social media hysteria with it.

the queen and queen mother today

https://www.hola.com/realeza/casa_es...y-juan-carlos/
It is the most awkward PR move I have seen.
Old 04-07-2018, 04:54 PM
Courtier

Wow, so forced. They all look uncomfortable, it's so sad. Whatever is going on I really pity everyone concerned because they have some serious issues to deal with.

Opening the car door was so contrived. It might have been better to do nothing than to put on such a dismal display of family 'unity'. But yes, it's a step in the right direction at least.
Old 04-07-2018, 04:58 PM
Nobility

If we had seen Sofia and Letizia that way i might agree its "fake" as i said before i think its ordinary to have disagreement with your mother in law no matter if small things or big.

Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image
Old 04-07-2018, 05:31 PM
Serene Highness

Since they decided to go this route, PR-wise, of throwing the two queens together in the same scene rather than keeping them separated as some predicted and suggested, they should probably do so much more of these until people throw their hands up and say, "Yeah, yeah we get it, you're determined to present them as good pals!" They could present it an active effort for the two to get along.

Still hoping for a Felipe/Leonor angle, or just a Leonor angle. I would really like to see her get involved with appropriate, culture-related events outside of Madrid and Castilla-Leon, now that would be good publicity if managed well. She is very young but it would good for Casa Real to begin (or at least begin planning) forging an image of her as her own person.
Old 04-07-2018, 05:36 PM
Nobility

Relationships between Members of the Spanish Royal Family

It’s good to see that they are trying to move on at least in public. But open the door?!!! Way TOO much. It looked so fake and unreasonable. Anyway I hope this whole thing will be forgotten soon.
Old 04-07-2018, 05:42 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by moby View Post
Since they decided to go this route, PR-wise, of throwing the two queens together in the same scene rather than keeping them separated as some predicted and suggested, they should probably do so much more of these until people throw their hands up and say, "Yeah, yeah we get it, you're determined to present them as good pals!" They could present it an active effort for the two to get along.

Still hoping for a Felipe/Leonor angle, or just a Leonor angle. I would really like to see her get involved with appropriate, culture-related events outside of Madrid and Castilla-Leon, now that would be good publicity if managed well. She is very young but it would good for Casa Real to begin (or at least begin planning) forging an image of her as her own person.
Absolutely, there must be plenty of events involving children her age, she can attend. And aren't there some competitions for children where she can present a prize or two? I.e. put Leonor in the front seat.
A zoo she can visit? Some animals she can feed and cuddle?
All this should easily be accomplished by a twelve year old - without having a family member holding her hand all the time...
If she need moral support Leonor can bring her sister.

Have her do that about once a month, so it wont look over the top. In that way people can have a positive view of Leonor on the job, and see that there is at least one member of the SRF who take her job serious...
And should she make the odd mistake people are more than likely to forgive her, since she's still only a child.

Tags
aristocracy, felipe vi, froilán de marichalar, juan carlos, juan urdangarín, miguel urdangarin, monarchy, pablo urdangarín, queen sofia, relationships, sofia (1938 -), spain, spanish royal family, victoria de marichalar