The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 04-03-2018, 06:58 PM
Imperial Majesty

Pavlos and Marie Chantal invited Cristina and Iñaki to the famous birthday party, King Felipe was in the difficult position of not celebrating his cousin or having to meet Iñaki. Finally King Felipe went to the party, and his match with Iñaki at a party was not good for his image and that of the Crown and he received many criticisms. Pavlos and Marie Chantal put Iñaki, above Felipe and the Spanish Crown.

For some comments and actions over the years, it is obvious that the Greek Royal Family has taken sides with Cristina and Iñaki. Sofia herself has shown on more than one occasion that she care more about them than the Spanish Crown. Cristina needed a "scapegoat" and that is Letizia, and I think she has been many years before the scandal was public.

Old 04-03-2018, 07:00 PM
Majesty

Whatever happened it’s none of Marie-Chantal’s business. Commenting on Twitter doesn’t look very good on her.

Old 04-03-2018, 07:01 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by lula View Post
Pavlos and Marie Chantal invited Cristina and Iñaki to the famous birthday party, King Felipe was in the difficult position of not celebrating his cousin or having to meet Iñaki. Finally King Felipe went to the party, and his match with Iñaki at a party was not good for his image and that of the Crown and he received many criticisms. Pavlos and Marie Chantal put Iñaki, above Felipe and the Spanish Crown.

For some comments and actions over the years, it is obvious that the Greek Royal Family has taken sides with Cristina and Iñaki. Sofia herself has shown on more than one occasion that she care more about them than the Spanish Crown. Cristina needed a "scapegoat" and that is Letizia, and I think she has been many years before the scandal was public.
Even before the scandal I thought the tension between Cristina and Letizia was very noticeable whenever they were seen interacting together in public.
Old 04-03-2018, 07:05 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbruno View Post
I think you are confusing Princess Leonor with the Infanta Sofia. I believe Leonor is the shorter girl in blue.
Quite sure Sofia is wearing the Heidi-type blue dress and Leonor their more 'standard' flower dress.
Old 04-03-2018, 07:06 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudolph View Post
Whatever happened it’s none of Marie-Chantal’s business. Commenting on Twitter doesn’t look very good on her.
She must have felt the need to defend her aunt but indeed it would have been much wiser not to comment at all. Clearly there has been a rift in the family for quite some time otherwise it wouldn't show at such a relatively minor incident.
Old 04-03-2018, 07:13 PM
Nobility

Marie-Chantel should keep out of the situation and keep her comments to herself. By speaking out publicly, she's also showing "her true colours", and it isn't any prettier. JMO

Be who you are And say what you feel Because those who mind don't matter And those who matter don't mind-Dr. Seuss
Old 04-03-2018, 07:14 PM
Gentry

All is out of context. Letizia is talking with somebody, then she went with Leonor and Queen Sofia. Leonor is nervous, her grandma is hugging her and she doesn't want, she is 12 and almost is an adolescent, her mother is fixing her hair, she says stop to them. The video is not the real one, there is another video and show another version of this story, the one of twitter is a version cropped and zoomed. They are walking outside of the church, greeting people, saying goodbye and go for the photoshoot, both Queens smile, Leonor smile, they said goodbye to the priests and then go back to Marivent or another place, only they know. There is a footage on the same video of Queen Sofia forcing Infanta Sofia to pose with the photo, she forces her granddaughter to turn back when she was talking with other person. But Leonor is almost a woman and she is in that age where all children don't want any hug, or kiss.... all people have passed this confusing transition.
Old 04-03-2018, 07:16 PM
Royal Highness

No matter what Marie-Chantal felt, she should have kept quiet, it isn't her business to comment publicly. What she feels and states to family and friends privately is one thing, to air her opinion in public on Twitter is quite another. It's extremely tacky. The whole incident was so unfortunate for the Royal Family and in front of Leonor and Sofia, that's the worst part.
Old 04-03-2018, 07:16 PM
Imperial Majesty

On these occasions I always remember Jaime de Marichalar, and I almost regret that he is such a discreet man ... because he would probably give many clues. It is known that he had a bad opinion of Iñaki, and that he appreciated Letizia. I have always thought that if Elena had not divorced Jaime, and fallen under the influence of Cristina and Iñaki, the family dynamics would have been different.

Perhaps it is too coincidental that these images have appeared just the day that Cristina was reunited with the family, and when in a short time the judicial future of Iñaki will be known.

Felipe and Letizia are alone in defense of the Crown and what others have destroyed ... and it is not the first time in recent months that there are attacks, especially against Letizia, to clear the way to Cristina.

It is really difficult to know if this video is recorded by an unknown person (the media were many meters away and they were surrounded by bodyguards), or it is a manipulation of the official video, to erase the people around and sell a story.

Watching the videos in wider planes, knowing the people that were around ... the only surprising thing is an overwhelmed girl ... the rest are interested judgments ...
Old 04-03-2018, 07:20 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gawin View Post
More about Marie-Chantal's tweet. Reportedly she stated "No grandmother deserves that type of treatment! Wow she’s shown her true colours."

Marie-Chantal Miller, contra Letizia tras la pelea con Sofía: "Ha mostrado su verdadera cara" | Casa Real
Methinks Marie-Chantal has forgotten that while her family has been deposed and no one cares what they do or say, the Spanish royal family actually has a country to rule and the Spaniards do very much care about their royal family. Particularly when it comes to any possible gossip or strife.
Old 04-03-2018, 07:20 PM
Majesty

The girl looks uncomfortable. She pushes her grandmothers arm away. We must remember Letizia is the mother and mothers know best.
Old 04-03-2018, 07:24 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livia View Post
All is out of context. Letizia is talking with somebody, then she went with Leonor and Queen Sofia. Leonor is nervous, her grandma is hugging her and she doesn't want, she is 12 and almost is an adolescent, her mother is fixing her hair, she says stop to them. The video is not the real one, there is another video and show another version of this story, the one of twitter is a version cropped and zoomed. They are walking outside of the church, greeting people, saying goodbye and go for the photoshoot, both Queens smile, Leonor smile, they said goodbye to the priests and then go back to Marivent or another place, only they know. There is a footage on the same video of Queen Sofia forcing Infanta Sofia to pose with the photo, she force her granddaughter to turn back when she was talking with other person. But Leonor is almost a woman and she is in that age where all children don't want any hug, or kiss.... all people have passed this confusing transition.
Can you possibly provide links? We would like to see what you have.

Most chilling for me in this video is that Leonor smiles throughout. No child should have to perform positively in public while they are being touched in a way they are not comfortable with.

The only way you raise a child to be able to say enough is enough in a sometimes wicked world is to let them know they can say that and they don't have to do it with a smile. They don't have to pitch a fit, but they also don't have to grin and bear it. I've seen too many children harmed by bad people because they learned from family/good people that they had to smile and push through touching they did not want. ICK.
Old 04-03-2018, 07:32 PM
Gentry

You only have to type Letizia on Twitter and you will find a lot of videos but I think you already saw them, and the large one is on antena3.com website and ..... I can't put Antena 3 link because a friend sent them to my whatsapp and I have turn off my cell phone, I don't remember the url.
Old 04-03-2018, 07:33 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Actually the scene is at the end of the mass, Juan Carlos walks slowly and Felipe is still waving. Probably, they were just waiting for the press officer or the security people to let them out.

Here is a video with a wider plane.

ANTENA 3 TV | Desencuentro entre la Reina Letizia y la Reina Sofía por una foto durante la Misa de Pascua en Palma
The version you've posted makes it clear that Letizia wasn't trying to get in front of them so much as she walked in front of them, then realized that Sofia had grabbed the girls. How I'd interpret what happened next was that she went over to check in to see if her daughter was ok.

With that said, I've slowed down the video on Youtube, and it's quite clear that, as Letizia is running her hand down Leonor's hair, Sofia reaches up to push Letizia's hand away, at which point Leonor pushed them both away. And then Sofia grabbed Leonor more tightly, closer to her neck and dragged her to their left.

Letizia respected her daughter's boundries and didn't try to touch her again.

Sofia's actions were not ok, especially that second grab and pull after Leonor had made her feelings known.

I didn't have any opinions about Sofia before this, but I'm deeply unimpressed with her behaviour in this video.
Old 04-03-2018, 07:56 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmirerUS View Post
Can you possibly provide links? We would like to see what you have.

Most chilling for me in this video is that Leonor smiles throughout. No child should have to perform positively in public while they are being touched in a way they are not comfortable

You make it sound like Queen Sofia is some kind of child molester when there was absolutely nothing wrong with taking a picture with her granddaughter and touching her in that process.
Old 04-03-2018, 08:11 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

An article from the daily mail:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/ar...r-service.html
Old 04-03-2018, 08:24 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livia View Post
I can't put Antena 3 link because a friend sent them to my whatsapp and I have turn off my cell phone, I don't remember the url.
Is this the Antena 3 link?

FAMOSOS Y CELEBRITIES ANTENA 3 TV | La reina Letizia protagoniza un tenso momento con doña Sofía por una foto con sus hijas
Old 04-03-2018, 08:24 PM
Majesty

The video is awkward. It is mauvais ton for the current Queen of Spain to behave like this knowing that there are many photographers/video operators around.
Old 04-03-2018, 08:46 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al_bina View Post
The video is awkward. It is mauvais ton for the current Queen of Spain to behave like this knowing that there are many photographers/video operators around.
I 100% agree.
Old 04-03-2018, 08:48 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
On these occasions I always remember Jaime de Marichalar, and I almost regret that he is such a discreet man ... because he would probably give many clues. It is known that he had a bad opinion of Iñaki, and that he appreciated Letizia. I have always thought that if Elena had not divorced Jaime, and fallen under the influence of Cristina and Iñaki, the family dynamics would have been different.

Perhaps it is too coincidental that these images have appeared just the day that Cristina was reunited with the family, and when in a short time the judicial future of Iñaki will be known.

Felipe and Letizia are alone in defense of the Crown and what others have destroyed ... and it is not the first time in recent months that there are attacks, especially against Letizia, to clear the way to Cristina.

It is really difficult to know if this video is recorded by an unknown person (the media were many meters away and they were surrounded by bodyguards), or it is a manipulation of the official video, to erase the people around and sell a story.

Watching the videos in wider planes, knowing the people that were around ... the only surprising thing is an overwhelmed girl ... the rest are interested judgments ...
Lula, you’re always very quick to blame Cristina for any unfortunate situation - and there have been more than one - involving the SRF. Pavlos invited people he cared about to his birthday, Felipe decided to go - got “caught” at (the horror), the same private party as his sister’s husband and it’s the fault of Pavlos, cristina and Inaki. Cristina shows up at the funeral for Infanta Alicia and it’s an attempt to make herself look good/cause controversy instead of her paying her respects to a woman she knew all her life. Juan Carlos goes to Inaki’s birthday in Geneva and you intimated that Cristina would make sure photos were taken and released to the public.. as far as I know we’re still waiting for those pics. Elena has fallen under the influence of her younger sister.. how, exactly? And now, if I understand you correctly, you’re saying the scene from the Easter mass is related to Cristina as well and the video was somehow doctored to make Letizia look bad so Cristina will look good??

I think it’s time for you to either substantiate these claims or stop making them. You would be the first to call out even the mildest negative speculation about Letizia or Felipe.

Felipe and Letizia have been in the number one spot for years now. Felipe, as we’ve heard many times, has been prepared for his role since birth and Letizia has been a part of the family for many years. Any unpleasant scenes making them look bad are their responsibility alone. They’re certainly not the result of an evil genius sister enlisting everyone in a plot to bring them down.

Tags
aristocracy, felipe vi, froilán de marichalar, juan carlos, juan urdangarín, miguel urdangarin, monarchy, pablo urdangarín, queen sofia, relationships, sofia (1938 -), spain, spanish royal family, victoria de marichalar