Relationships between Members of the Spanish Royal Family

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
If someone buys the magazine, can you translate that for us? Although we know that the article is nonsense, it's good to know what those tabloids are writing....I'm just curious as anyone else is in this forum.... :)

If someone buys the magazine, can you translate that for us? Although we know that the article is nonsense, it's good to know what those tabloids are writing....I'm just curious as anyone else is in this forum.... :)

I will do so. Nevertheless Point de Vue is not a tabloid, is more serious.

Wait and see.

Point de Vue  .:.  En Couverture

More details about presumed war between spanish princesses ( in french).
According to this introduction Prince Felipe during greek wedding was "directing" his ladies while posing for photo.

Felipe 'directing' the ladies while posing ? Did the reporter from PdV watch another channel ? LOL :cool:. Felipe was the one who couldn't wait to run into the hotel or church, he even told the reporter he got to run. I think he was a bit 'scared' by the messy crowd without much protection.
I never saw any problem between Elena and Letizia. Whatever the rumored problem between Cristina and Letizia likely has been put behind after Cristina moved to DC IMO. I saw them quite gladly greeting each other at the funeral of Samaranch that was commented on this board too. They might not be close, but neither have big problems either, is it just like most families out there ?

Hello

I bought Point de Vue. Hereunder a short resume (I read it in rush and I do not remember all I'll post more tonight).

According to the article, relations between Letizia and the 2 Infantas are not even bad, they are inexistant.
Letizias behavior towards her family in law has immediately changed after the wedding, she isolates Felipe from his family.
Duchesse of Lugo has never forgiven to L+F that they did not support her psychologically when she has separated. After her separation, it was the first communion of her child (I forgot if it was for Victoria or the boy) and not only F+L did not attend, but L decided that both her girls could not miss one day school, and she did not let them attend.
And Cristina, does not speak to L since the baptisme of Irene, because she asked F+L to host her parents in law at their home, but Letizia replied that she was too tired to have at her home people who she roughly knew them. Since then, their relations are broken.
They avoid eachother systematically during all hilodays. The last commun photos of the family are in summer 2007, after that the three couples are quite neve together in Palma.
Even for visiting the King after his surgery, they manage not to go at the same moment!

Generally speeking L wants her "home" to be closed and isolated from the Royal family. She is very "dictatorial", not flexible and she provokes tensions easily. Once her grandmother said "Since she was born Letizia wanted to rule the world".

And finally the King asked Felipe to try to solve the situation, and he has "orchestrated" the pictures like a military parade.

Source : Point de vue

Hello

I bought Point de Vue. Hereunder a short resume (I read it in rush and I do not remember all I'll post more tonight).

According to the article, relations between Letizia and the 2 Infantas are not even bad, they are inexistant.
Letizias behavior towards her family in law has immediately changed after the wedding, she isolates Felipe from his family.
Duchesse of Lugo has never forgiven to L+F that they did not support her psychologically when she has separated. After her separation, it was the first communion of her child (I forgot if it was for Victoria or the boy) and not only F+L did not attend, but L decided that both her girls could not miss one day school, and she did not let them attend.
And Cristina, does not speak to L since the baptisme of Irene, because she asked F+L to host her parents in law at their home, but Letizia replied that she was too tired to have at her home people who she roughly knew them. Since then, their relations are broken.
They avoid eachother systematically during all hilodays. The last commun photos of the family are in summer 2007, after that the three couples are quite neve together in Palma.
Even for visiting the King after his surgery, they manage not to go at the same moment!

Generally speeking L wants her "home" to be closed and isolated from the Royal family. She is very "dictatorial", not flexible and she provokes tensions easily. Once her grandmother said "Since she was born Letizia wanted to rule the world".

And finally the King asked Felipe to try to solve the situation, and he has "orchestrated" the pictures like a military parade.

This is my opinion.
1.Why will Cristina ask Letizia for her in-laws to stay with Asturias? I think it would have been unconfortable for the Undurgarins to stay with the Asturias, they hardly knew each other and they would have to keep the protocol. I do not believe that! It does not make sense. Cristina wanted to stay with her in-laws because it is their family!
2. During Victoria's first communion Letizia and Felipe were in the Américas representing the Royal Family. Felipe specially has been doing that for some time to help with the Royal duties. Victoria's grandparents the King and Queen were the ones who needed to be there.
SPECULATION, SLANDER AND GOSSIP.
I love the SRF, (as you can tell :) and I am tired of people talking about them!!!!!! Without any documentation.

The true fact is that we don't know them personally. Can you imagine have tabloids and more serious newspapers saying "she said this and that" while it isn't true? How many times have couples separated on tabloids and were still together in real life?

I love the Spanish RF as well, and I know and believe family isn't always easy. Specially with your in-laws. And having so much gossip around helps even less!

fandesacs2003, thanks for the translation. There is nothing new in the PdV article, all had been said in the Spanish press, also Sunday Times. The rumor of Letizia not letting Cristina's in-law staying at her house had been circulating for years, the new rumor of Letizia not letting her little girls attending Victoria's First Communion was newly spreaded by the same tabloid journalist Pilar Eyre who always claimed special connections with friends and family of Inaki :cool:. By looking at the pictures of Victoria's First Communion, there were obviously no small children there. Victoria had her First Communion with her schoolmates organized by her school, didn't have her own as Cristina's boys, perhaps small children were not allowed, Miguel and Irene were not there either.

http://i37.tinypic.com/30kdmvk.jpg

If the reasons for Cristina not talking to Letizia is that she refused to host her parents in law, I stand with Letizia. You don't even ask somebody to host people in their own homes!!
BTW it's so crazy that I don't think this has happened.

Well, nothing new was written in the magazine. I've heard all about these but thank you for translating it for us. ;):)

Hello

This was posted on the Franco-Iberian Message Board in which Carlo, through a reliable source, presents the info that it was Queen Sofia who stepped in and laid down the law.

The Franco-Iberian Royals Message Board: Yes, this has depressed the king...

When did the meeting actually happen ? Before or after the Greek wedding ? I heard the weekend before the Greek wedding when the Asturias were back in Madrid, Cristina and her family were in Barcelona and left to Athen directly from Barcelona.
I never saw a problem between Elena and Letizia. I think Elena was following her sister around because her son was a bit lonely and loved to play with his cousins.

To me, there always seemed a bit of tension/friction between Christina & Letizia but I had not thought it was that bad. Elena seems to get along "ok" with Letizia from pictures but yet you never know what goes when photographers aren't around. Letizia seems to be very determined to have it her way & I do see where the problem can happen (not saying its her fault, not at all) when the Infanta's seem to be wanting to get close or have Felipe more around.

What Point de Vue reproduces, is not more than the rumors that have circulated in the yellow press, with the intention of generating news. The journalists adorn the news each one with a new story, and often, like in the story of Victoria's communion, they avoid a lot of information and only they say what they are interested in, that does not correspond exactly to the reality.

To blame the Princess always is the easy thing, the first thing that they do, because it is she who catches the attention. But curiously in a program of gossip, after discussing absurd the topic and indirectly to blame her, they all ended up by coming to the conclusion that she was the least guilty. For their responsibilities, for their obligations, for the safety to which they are submitted ... the Prince and the Princess do not have the same life that the Infantas, they do not have their freedom.

It is not a secret that for years the Infantas had a distant relation, only when the children reached certain age and the marriage of the Infanta Elena already did not have any more arrangement, they started making plans together. But the press always protects them more. For example, nobody speaks about the good relation of the Princess with Cristina de Borbón Dos Sicilias (discreet, friend of the Infantas, she and her sisters have grown very near the Royal Family and her husband is the godfather of Irene), they are seen often together.

Mari Angeles Alcazar, a journalist of information about the Royal House, said in the tv, something that few ones have reproduced and that was very interesting. She said that there were people in the House of the King who was not satisfied with the changes that had taken place with the arrival of the Princess, and that these persons were those who were helping to spread certain rumors ... and she accuse directly the advisers of the Infantas. So it seems that the topic, it is more complicated, that if sisters-in-law are more or less friends...

I wonder if the Infantas Pilar & Margarita gets along with Letizia,the media might have the wrong pair of Infantas :D

... She said that there were people in the House of the King who was not satisfied with the changes that had taken place with the arrival of the Princess, and that these persons were those who were helping to spread certain rumors ... and she accuse directly the advisers of the Infantas. So it seems that the topic, it is more complicated, that if sisters-in-law are more or less friends...

Whoever is causing the trouble, its seems to be with the consent of the King :whistling:
What speaks volumes about Felipe's influence within the House of the King, the future King unable to protect his wife and future Queen against the interests of his own family :whistling:

:previous:
That's absolutely impossible or the King is senile. Do you think Juan Carlos will risk the monarchy because her daughters feel slighted? He is the one who decided to raise the Prince and Princess of Asturias profile in order to guarantee the continuation of the monarchy, which is his main objective at this point of his life.

Whoever is causing the trouble, its seems to be with the consent of the King :whistling:
What speaks volumes about Felipe's influence within the House of the King, the future King unable to protect his wife and future Queen against the interests of his own family :whistling:
but weren't u just complaining that he is out of control and wilful for buying his wife a tiara? after suggesting that the heir to the throne of spain has not had enough money available to him as he has no influence...
u cant seriously suggest that the heir couple are helpless in their own court. thats pretty silly

I admit I don`t understand it. Why would the King support the alleged antipathy of the Infantas towards Letizia? Because he doesn`t like her either? Isn`t it too late for such behavior? Once Felipe married Letizia, she is the future Queen and the family should respect and support her if they really care about the future of the Monarchy. If the King and his daughters have some problems with Letizia as person and member of the family, then ok, it`s pretty normal in many families, they might have too different caracters, attitudes and so on. But they are not only members of one family, they are members of the Royal House who should cooperate.

:previous:
That's absolutely impossible or the King is senile. Do you think Juan Carlos will risk the monarchy because her daughters feel slighted? He is the one who decided to raise the Prince and Princess of Asturias profile in order to guarantee the continuation of the monarchy, which is his main objective at this point of his life.
Did he have much of a choice? Especially given his recent surgery and health problems? The King is getting older and isn't going to live forever...its natural that the Prince and Princess of Asturias will have a higher profile and their roles will take on greater prominence in the future. That is so in all monarchies...the crown prince couples will take on the greater roles!:flowers:

I believe that the topic is much more complicated.

When the book about the Queen was published, there was certain polemic in the press, about the lack of communication between the secretary of the Queen and the Headquarters of the House of the King, and then also I read that the secretary of the Infantas was operating sometimes with too many independence. The secretaries of the Queen and the Infantas go more time being employed at the House of the King that those who now give the orders, and maybe they have not adapted well to the change and have taken advantage of their position of confidence. Or simply as institutionally their work it is less important, they allow them more freedom.

For what I have read it seems that the equipment of the King and that of the Prince, they have clear which is their aim and adapt to working together.

The Secretary of the Infantas is Carlos García Revenga. Unlike Cabrera, the secretary of the Queen, and Alfonsin, the secretary of the Prince, which appear always as discreet men in the official acts... Revenga seems to have a more showy role, among other things because he does not limit himself to his work in the official acts, but it is very habitual to see he with the Infanta Elena in her private activities. He helped with the move, he accompanies her shopping or with the children to the circus or tennis. Even he took part of the company that created the Infanta. Apparently he has had and has a great influence in the Infanta Elena, he was a teacher in her school, gave her lessons in a private university and for many years is her secretary.

Don't you think that's a bit harsh? I can't imagine that the King will let his heir suffer even if he doesn't like Letizia (and I don't believe that's the case). That's too risky to even let that happen specially that Felipe will and is going to be King of Spain someday. It's not as if he cannot protect his wife, I just don't get what you mean. It's like as if the King wants her eldest daughter to accede the throne? He's giving Letizia ultimatums that if she can't pass this, you're not fit to be the next Queen of Spain. Is that it? ;)

The Secretary of the Infantas is Carlos García Revenga. Unlike Cabrera, the secretary of the Queen, and Alfonsin, the secretary of the Prince, which appear always as discreet men in the official acts... Revenga seems to have a more showy role, among other things because he does not limit himself to his work in the official acts, but it is very habitual to see he with the Infanta Elena in her private activities. He helped with the move, he accompanies her shopping or with the children to the circus or tennis. Even he took part of the company that created the Infanta. Apparently he has had and has a great influence in the Infanta Elena, he was a teacher in her school, gave her lessons in a private university and for many years is her secretary.

Was sister or aunt of Carlos García Revenga the old housekeeper of the Princes hired by Felipe when he was still single ? She was said to be a relative of someone working for the infantas, I wonder whose relative she is. I heard the Princes hired a new housekeeper last year, a professional hotel manager, an Asturian.
I don't see any direct problem between Elena and Letizia, however Elena seems to be impulsive (it was not the first time she was shouting at the paparazzis) and can be influenced more easily by others than her siblings.

I don't see any direct problem between Elena and Letizia, however Elena seems to be impulsive (it was not the first time she was shouting at the paparazzis) and can be influenced more easily by others than her siblings.

Elena doesnt strike me as somebody who can easily be influenced (I guess you are hinting that Cristina might have "pulled her over" to be on her side). Elena must have a strong mind of her own, otherwise she wouldnt have enforced her own divorce, especially against her mothers will.

I think that there have always been 2 different camps in this family, its natural that older the sisters are close and they are probably Daddys Girls, while Felipe, the youngst, is still until this very day Mamas Boy, who doesnt strike me as dominant, comes across as goofy from time to time.

Add to this constallation the bossy wife (Letizia) who doesnt hesitate to be blunt if necessary towards her inlaws (very authentic on engagement day, "let me finish" and Felipes goofy reaction, giggling like a silly teenager), its no surprise that this family has become a powderkeg.

But they are working on it, Cristina is now in Washington with open return as an act of deescalation (adding to Inakis business interests, good to have him out of Spain too), Elena went to the ballet with Letizia and posed for the photographers to dispel the "War of the Infantas" Point de Vue headline, leading to the "Best Friends" Diez Minutos headline.

Duke, I was replying to lula's post talking about the secretary of the infantas. Over the years (even before Felipe got married), there were many rumors of the secretaries didn't get along, politics exists everywhere, inside Zarzuela too. Like lula said, I also heard the rumors of the secretary of the infantas acted too independently from the head of the household of the King, he obviously had the support of the infantas, otherwise he would have already been fired by the head of Zarzuela. When the role of the infantas was reduced, peole working for them were probably more unhappier than the infantas themselves IMO.
Regarding Elena's divorce, she had the back of her father, everyone knows who the boss is, her mother's opposition was probably not enough.
All I have heard (the same as lula) was that Felipe and Cristina were close before he got married. Neither one was that close to Elena. It said in the press that the first time Elena met Letizia in person was her mom's birthday concert after the engagement announcement , now you see how close the brother and sister were. I doubt Letizia even had a chance to 'boss' Elena around since there was probably not much interaction between them (less interaction also means less problem).

She bossy on their engagement? After he interrupts her, she said "let me finish, my love" very softly. She may be bossy(I certainly don't know) but in that interview she didn't appear bossy.

Elena doesnt strike me as somebody who can easily be influenced (I guess you are hinting that Cristina might have "pulled her over" to be on her side). Elena must have a strong mind of her own, otherwise she wouldnt have enforced her own divorce, especially against her mothers will.

I think that there have always been 2 different camps in this family, its natural that older the sisters are close and they are probably Daddys Girls, while Felipe, the youngst, is still until this very day Mamas Boy, who doesnt strike me as dominant, comes across as goofy from time to time.

Add to this constallation the bossy wife (Letizia) who doesnt hesitate to be blunt if necessary towards her inlaws (very authentic on engagement day, "let me finish" and Felipes goofy reaction, giggling like a silly teenager), its no surprise that this family has become a powderkeg.

But they are working on it, Cristina is now in Washington with open return as an act of deescalation (adding to Inakis business interests, good to have him out of Spain too), Elena went to the ballet with Letizia and posed for the photographers to dispel the "War of the Infantas" Point de Vue headline, leading to the "Best Friends" Diez Minutos headline.

Duke, I was replying to lula's post talking about the secretary of the infantas.

Thanks donna, I misunderstood your post then.

Over the years (even before Felipe got married), there were many rumors of the secretaries didn't get along, politics exists everywhere, inside Zarzuela too. Like lula said, I also heard the rumors of the secretary of the infantas acted too independently from the head of the household of the King, he obviously had the support of the infantas, otherwise he would have already been fired by the head of Zarzuela. When the role of the infantas was reduced, peole working for them were probably more unhappier than the infantas themselves IMO.
Regarding Elena's divorce, she had the back of her father, everyone knows who the boss is, her mother's opposition was probably not enough.
I do agree on that -

Madeleine Victoria - this is what I meant with Whoever is causing the trouble, its seems to be with the consent of the King :whistling:
Everyone knows who is boss, and if the situation is that the secretaries do things that do not look good for Letizia, with the backing of the Infantas, it is unlikely to happen against the interests of the King, otherwise he would have them fired or stop them do what they are doing.

But of course everyone is free to draw their own conclusions :)

Back
Top Bottom