Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall: Visit to Spain - March 30-31, 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
IMO pic #22 is a very flattering pic of the Duchess. I must say that I very much like the fact that she wears nice jewels all the time. i.e: during the day time. Most Royal ladies don't. (with exception of the Queen)But I like the fact that she does not save them for evening events.
Letizia has a lot of grey hair in the front! I don't know why that suprises me, but it does.
I just wish she would look a little happier. She always looks like she would rather be any other place than where she currently is. Don't get me wrong, I don't want her to have a smile plastered on her face 24/7, but between her somber dress, and her somber look, she does not look happy. She is too pretty to look so drab.

Thanks for sharing these awesome photos. The Crown Princely couples look lovely.
As far as I remember the Princess of Asturias is not fluent in English.:ermm:
Does the Duchess of Cornwall speak Spanish? They seem to have a lively conversation in the pictures.:flowers:
Letizia is fluent in english. There is a video on youtube with her speaking to children in english, from what I heard she knows english very well, she speaks with a lovely spanish accent.

Camilla looks great, but Letizia should have worn a nice pair of ruby earrings to complete this look, and maybe even one or both of the 2 diamond and ruby brooches she wore to Mary and Fred's wedding back in 2004, then she would of looked good! The room is not the typical ballroom that dinners are normally held in, wonder which one it is...

I have to say Camilla looks lovely. I really love the gown on her, flattering, beautiful color. And that necklace...would make a lovely tiara as well!!! How wonderful to see them all relaxed and laughing together. I love red on Letizia. And yes, she speaks English quite well with a very cool Spanish accent.

IMO pic #22 is a very flattering pic of the Duchess. I must say that I very much like the fact that she wears nice jewels all the time. i.e: during the day time. Most Royal ladies don't. (with exception of the Queen)But I like the fact that she does not save them for evening events.
Letizia has a lot of grey hair in the front! I don't know why that suprises me, but it does.
I just wish she would look a little happier. She always looks like she would rather be any other place than where she currently is. Don't get me wrong, I don't want her to have a smile plastered on her face 24/7, but between her somber dress, and her somber look, she does not look happy. She is too pretty to look so drab.

The "grey hair" looks like blonde streaks. She looks happy to me.

One of Letizia's best looks. Red is her color and she looks best with her hair pulled back and up off her face. She could have used a bit of bling on her ears!

Camilla has (impo) the most difficult body shape to successfully dress when it comes to evening wear. Her chest, waist and hips really wouldn't be a couturist's pick to tailor (though for a good many 63 year olds, that's of course expected).

I also think perhaps the Duchess should step outside the square a little and try some new designs.

I'd like to see her in say a lighter shade for the bodice and steer away from scooped necklines. She does not boast an attractive shoulder set and can often look a little hunched. For the lower half I'd suggest a ball gown of a darker, though intergrading shade of material.

The lighter shade would bring in her waist whilst the disparity of the gown would take the focus off her mid 'tub' and would veil the magnet like pull of her love handles.

Not all her evening dresses are so bad, but a good many could certainly be bettered.

Leave all unnecessary accents alone and focus on more "fairytale", though simplistic, like designs that don't make her bosom look twice the size or her waist like a fold out desk. She could look a million £!

Her hair doesn't appear to be photographing well atm either. The sides need some shaping, if not a little colouring.

Letizia looked very lovely, though. Red is most certainly a colour that flatters her.

Last edited:
What Madame Royale said (and said so well). Sums it up.

Camilla has (impo) a the most difficult body shape to successfully dress when it comes to evening wear. Her chest, waist and hips really wouldn't be a couturist's pick to tailor (though for a good many 63 year olds, that's of course expected).

I also think perhaps the Duchess should step outside the square a little and try some new designs.

I'd like to see her in say a lighter shade for the bodice and steer away from scooped necklines. She does not boast an attractive shoulder set and can often look a little hunched. For the lower half I'd suggest a ball gown of a darker, though intergrating shade of material.

The lighter shade would bring in her waist whilst the disparity of the gown would take the focus off her mid 'tub' and would veil the magnet like pull of her love handles.

Not all her evening dresses are so bad, but a good many could certainly be bettered.

Leave all unnecessary accents alone and focus on more "fairytale", though simplistic, like designs that don't make her bosom look twice the size or her waist like a fold out desk. She could look a million £!

Her hair doesn't appear to be photographing well atm either. The sides needs some shaping, if not a little colouring.

Letizia looked very lovely, though. Red is most certainly a colour that flatters her.

Well said! I Totally agree!

In some of these photos Letizias hair is up w no tiara, others down w tiara- which is right?

Up with no tiara

The one with the tiara is a previous event where she wore the same dress

I thought all the royals looked good. Letizia lovely in her red dress with no tiara & Camilla in a dress which looks like a real evening dress to me. Letizia looked happy & confident & also enjoying her time with the royals. Its great seeing her interacting with other royals at such a friendly level & comfortable level.

Thanks for all the pictures.

Lovely pictures. I think the ladies looked lovely, though Leeitizia does seem to have very skinny and bony arms. Camilla appears to have some new diamonds on!

I actually think that both, Letizia and Camilla, looked very tired and definitely not their best (the eyes in the close-ups!).

I don't really care for either dress (not the best cut for Camilla and Letitzia should cover those skeletous arms). But both ladies chose colours which suit them well and they all seem to have a relaxed and warm relationship.

I think at the time of the wedding it was said that Letizia doesn't speak English well and she had to take lessons. But I guess now after 7 years she speaks it well enough. I don't know if Camilla speaks Spanish but I remember Letizia had a lively conversation with CP Mary at the Swedish pre-wedding concert and Mary definitely does not speak Spanish. So Letizia must have spoken in English.

Thank you for all pictures and videos :flowers:
Nice to see both couples is such a good mood. CP Letizia looks very happy.

King Juan Carlos, Queen Sofia, Princess Letizia, Prince Felipe at Zarzuela Palace in Madrid with Prince Charles and Duchess of Cornwall. March 31, 2011

PPE Agency

Getty Images

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom