Pope Benedict XVI's Visit to Valencia: July 8-9, 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
such a nice event! i'm very glas the pope decided to come to valencia after the accident of the underground... i bet many people that lost familiars were quite reconforted to see his holiness there.

I dont like the Letizi´s dress color, But I suppose that it is the color more adapted to be present at a place where one is going to pray for 42 dead men, obviously ,she cannot go dress of red color, but not .... I do not like too much today. And the hair too long.

PLease Letizia cut your hair!!!:eek:

Last edited:
venus_samotracia said:
The queen Sofia wonderful

Leti too gray

The Queen repeats this suit that already she used in the trip to Norway.

In case of Letizia, the grey is a sad color, but it was one of the colors most adapted to come to this place. They come to accompany the Pope, in a prayer for 42 persons who have died the same week, it does not seem to be very suitable that goes of happy colors, calling the attention. The Prince also was taking a tie of dark tones.;)

From Reuters via yahoo

Pope Benedict XVI is praying in memory of the 42 victims of Monday's underground train derailment outside the Jesus underground station after arriving in Valencia July 8, 2006.

Pope Benedict XVI recites a noon prayer in the Plaza de la Virgen in Valencia

Attachments

• r1.jpg
    r1.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 498
  • r2.jpg
    r2.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 323
  • r3.jpg
    r3.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 311
  • r5.jpg
    r5.jpg
    85.1 KB · Views: 360
Last edited by a moderator:
lula said:
The Queen repeats this suit that already she used in the trip to Norway.

In case of Letizia, the grey is a sad color, but it was one of the colors most adapted to come to this place. They come to accompany the Pope, in a prayer for 42 persons who have died the same week, it does not seem to be very suitable that goes of happy colors, calling the attention. The Prince also was taking a tie of dark tones.;)
OK, only express an opinion, is not one criticizes :)

Other appropriate colors, white, blue, etc. exist, the gray is not of my pleasure

to my it does not matter to me that royals repeats clothes, seems to me correct ;)

venus_samotracia said:
Other appropriate colors, white, blue, etc. exist, the gray is not of my pleasure

to my it does not matter to me that royals repeats clothes, seems to me correct ;)
I do not like the grey either, it is sad and boring,:eek: but in these circumstances it was the most suitable, black or gray thing.

Everything is too recent, still there is a mourning and it is good that it expresses. The color of the clothes is in the habit of being a good form of express it, last Tuesday in the funeral they all were going of rigorous black.
The flags of the Vatican that existed in the place were decorated by black crapes.

Besides, in this case the Princes were the accompanists, secondary figures. The protagonist was the Pope, they had to have a discreet appel.

It is not easy for the women to choose clothes for this type of acts. For the most private and familiar acts with the Pope, it is easier, but for the most formal and official acts with religious authorities it is more difficult. For example, it is considered to be a lack of education that a woman should represent dressed of red to a meeting with a cardinal, because the color of the cardinals is the red one. In the meetings with the Pope in the Vatican the women must go dressed in black, only the catholic Queens can go of white. There are many rules of this type, and to choose the suitable thing must be dificult.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Some curious images of the heat that are suffering today in Valencia.

From el mundo and afp getty

Paty said:
I dont like the Letizi´s dress color, But I suppose that it is the color more adapted to be present at a place where one is going to pray for 42 dead men, obviously ,she cannot go dress of red color, but not .... I do not like too much today. And the hair too long.

PLease Letizia cut your hair!!!:eek:

I agree with you this outfit is not the most pleasant of Letzia's ones. As far I remenber she wore yet for the military service in memory of soldiers dead for Spain. We can think that she might to have one black or dark outfit by season to be up to situation and except black ones it's difficult to imagine more adecuete outfit for ceremonies like this one.

I hope and I'm quiet sure that for the meeting with all the Spain Royal Familiy, the Princess will change her way of dress.

As you know, for the tastes and the colors, all are inthe nature and it's the question the most discutable. I say that because I'm very found Letizia with long hair...:p I find that make more sweet.:)

Don't care about the dress, hair or whatever.

To see how pleasead the Princess is to meet His Holiness it's enough for me. It is the first time they met and it is nice to look at their expressions. Besides I love Prince Felipe proud smile whenever he's presenting her.

Thank you all for sharing these heart-melting pictures.

Regards,
mtbcm :)

VIDEOS

The Pope comes to Spain

http://www.elmundo.es/elmundo/2006/07/08/videos/1152355820.html

Emotive recollection of Benedict XVI for the victims of the accident of the underground of Valencia

The first thing that the Pope has wanted to do on having come to Valencia has been to be in the epicentre of the pain. At twenty of one in the afternoon, the Princes of Asturias were receiving Benedict XVI in the underground of Jesus. Don Felipe and Dona Letizia were supporting with him a brief chat.

http://www.antena3.com/a3noticias/servlet/Noticias?destino=../a3n/noticia/noticia.jsp&sidicom=si&id=11260483

Last edited:
Due to your bandwidth issues, and as I'm sure there will be many pictures of Pope Benedict XVI with the royal family, it would be helpful if members didn't directly attach images not related to the royal family.

The ones of the Pople performing his duties or of the public should be re-hosted via another means as already there seem to be many of them.

Thank you for your co-operation.

Alexandria
Spanish Forum Moderator

From elmundo

Attachments

• mundo 1.jpg
    mundo 1.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 366
  • mundo 2.jpg
    mundo 2.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 375
  • mundo 3.jpg
    mundo 3.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 339
  • mundo 4.jpg
    mundo 4.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 704
ehm... the blue outfit is definitely Queen Sofia's favorite outfit nowadays.. she has wore it 4 times in short time now..

It's great to see Leonor out & about again, looks like she's wearing the same cross she wore at presentation to Virgen de Atocha
and about Letizia's outfit.. i think it's appropriate & fitting for her although it's not her best..

Last edited:
http://www.abc.es/20060708/sociedad-religion/reyes-reciben-visita-papa_200607081755.html

The Kings receive the visit of the Pope in the Palau de la Generalitat

EFE/Valencia The Kings received this evening Benedicto XVI in the door of the Palau de la Generalitat and the united three entered to the interior to support a meeting deprived in the golden lounge of the headquarters of the Valencian Government.

In this meeting, the Pope congratulates the King of Spain with a visit of comity as chief of the Spanish State.
Don Juan Carlos placed to the right of the Pope and the Queen dressed in a suit of clear tones, placed to the left of the Bishop of Rome and after posing for the graphical means they conversed privately in a lounge where there is situated the painting dedicated to San Miguel, attributed to Fernando Llanos, who was formed in Italy together with Leonardo Da Vinci.

To the meeting of the Kings with Benedicto XVI there added also the Princes of Asturias, who entered first and behind them the Dukes of Lugo and those of Palm, as well as the Infanta Margarita with her husband, Carlos Zurita, the Infanta Pilar and the Infante Don Carlos with his wife, Ana of France.

Seven grandsons of the Kings, between them the first-born one of the Princes of Asturias, the infanta Leonor, who entered the lounge arms of her mother, added to the meeting little later to the hearing.
This one is the first time in which the Royal Family assembles the complete one with the dad Benedicto XVI.

Is this photo of Leonor a new one? I think is from Atocha, but maybe I am wrong.
Did they show her already?
I want to see all together!!! It will be fantastic!

First great pleasure the litle Infanta is here, I'm waiting for othres pics of the Spain Royal Family.. I'm totaly sur it will be fantastic !

nayralorenzo said:
Is this photo of Leonor a new one? I think is from Atocha, but maybe I am wrong.
It's a new shot of the Infantita. Felipe for the presentation of Atocha wore a grey pale outfit and Leonor didn't have her " pacifier " ( i don't know the exact name )

nayralorenzo said:

No I don't think this picture is from Atocha. Leo's dress is pink, it was white in atocha. I think it's from today.

Absolutely new:)

Btw, could it be Leo's first attempt of waving? (photo with dad)

lula said:
I do not like the grey either, it is sad and boring,:eek: but in these circumstances it was the most suitable, black or gray thing.

Everything is too recent, still there is a mourning and it is good that it expresses. The color of the clothes is in the habit of being a good form of express it, last Tuesday in the funeral they all were going of rigorous black.
The flags of the Vatican that existed in the place were decorated by black crapes.

Besides, in this case the Princes were the accompanists, secondary figures. The protagonist was the Pope, they had to have a discreet appel.

It is not easy for the women to choose clothes for this type of acts. For the most private and familiar acts with the Pope, it is easier, but for the most formal and official acts with religious authorities it is more difficult. For example, it is considered to be a lack of education that a woman should represent dressed of red to a meeting with a cardinal, because the color of the cardinals is the red one. In the meetings with the Pope in the Vatican the women must go dressed in black, only the catholic Queens can go of white. There are many rules of this type, and to choose the suitable thing must be dificult.
I know the protocol Vatican :)

Thank you very much by the information

what a nice pic of all the children!:)
I almost didn't recognize Froilan, I've never seen him with such a short haircut, is he going to a military school or something?:D
what a beautiful dress Victoria has and it's the first time I've seen Iñaki holding Irene in a public act!:)
Very nice of His Holiness to hold Pablo and Victoria:)

And now Letizia,s dress color is fantastic... what a beautiful pics!

Photos from ANP and LARAZON

Attachments

• leo.jpg
    leo.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 599
  • prev1.jpg
    prev1.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 685
  • prev3.jpg
    prev3.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 418
  • prev4.jpg
    prev4.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 558
  • prev6.jpg
    prev6.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 354
Last edited:
Gorgeous pictures... how funny is Leonor playing with the hair of juan... Letizia looks wonderful in the evening

Thanks to everyone for posting these beautiful pictures! Little "princesses" are the cutest things:) His Hollines was so sweet to embrace Pablo and Victoria (she wasn't shy at all, and was grinning all the time)! And I agree, Froilan looks like a soldier-to-be:D I can't believe how mature he seems to be... All ladies are gorgeous, another splendid outfit for Elena:) All kids, including the little ones, were wearing little crosses on their necks, it's so beautiful.

I'm just going to see the Spain Royal Family at the TVE INTERNATIONAL for the ceremony of this avening. The Princess of Asturias is wearing a black outfit.
Lula, do you think that Letizia is dress like because is event official regarding the vatican protocole ?. As far as saw neither the Infantas Elana and Cristina nor the sisters of the King are wearing black, but I'am not quiet sur.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom