Pope Benedict XVI Visits Madrid for World Youth Day: August 18-21, 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I agree with Wartenberg, normally a catholic King has to kneel before the Pope. He could not because of his operation and also as the Pope was walking quickly he could not follow
He is a proud Man and he suffered certainly to be in such a bad condition for this important event .

Despite the storm and rain and strong winds, all those people were there to see the Pope. I was deeply moved by what I saw.
Of course I can understand the King´s health problems must have irked him no end. For a man who was always very mobile and involved in sports, it must be terrible to not be able to walk properly. We could see that he was worried of losing his balance.
Recently, I broke my foot, and I know how difficult it was to walk or move. But in my case, it was just a problem, in his case a problem that everybody could see and interpret as they wished.
Thanks for all the lovely photos of the royalfamily and tge Pope in Zarcuela;

Queen Sofia was in white because that's the privilege of a catholic Queen.

JMJ en directo - RTVE.es

I don't know where this myth comes from - it's just wrong. Catholic queens are allowed to dress in white OFFICIALLY in the presence of the Vatican and Pope. Just that, nothing else.

Head of States wear what they want when receiving the Pope in their countries.

The event was a real triumph for the Church.

King Juan Carlos and Queen Sofia attended a mass celebrated by Pope Benedict XVI at the Cuatro Vientos airbase during the Catholic Church's World Youth Day celebrations. August 21, 2011

Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 ** Pic 6 ** Pic 7

Last edited:
I agree! thank you Cory for saying that; a triumph for the church and our young people.[QUOTE: The event was a real triumph for the Church.]

Last edited:
The speech of the King Don Juan Carlos was so inspirational! I was really touched! Thank you so much for opening this thread and sharing so beautiful pictures.
Antena3.com - Vídeos - Discurso del Rey a la llegada del Papa
yes very nice speaking

Pope Benedict XVI with Queen Sofia and King Juan Carlos at the end of his visit to Spain for leading the world youth day 2011 at Barajas airport in Madrid.
August 21, 2011

PPE Agency Madrid

JMJ 2011: Los Reyes acompañan a Benedicto XVI durante la última jornada de su visita a España
i love this pictshare :wub:

[DNF] Fotoarchief Denieuwsfoto

Last edited by a moderator:
Very nice pics! :D

BTW the Pope announced that the next WYD will be held in 2013 in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.

Last edited:
King Juan Carlos and Queen Sofia attended a mass celebrated by Pope Benedict XVI at the Cuatro Vientos airbase during the Catholic Church's World Youth Day celebrations. August 21, 2011

Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 ** Pic 6 ** Pic 7

Beautiful photos!:flowers: BTW, I am not Catholic, I hope no one minds that I made several posts in this thread about the great pics anyway!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom