Pascua Militar 2016 - 2024

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Interesting that Don Juan Carlos wears his commander's sash around his waist. Part of the abdication was that this sash was removed and transferred to his son.

But of course this sort of sashes only refers to a commanders' position and has -on itself- no relation with the position of the King.

I had the wrong image in my mind. I thought that King Juan Carlos removed his officers' sash, to wrap it around his son. But he used another red sash: picture.

This sort of commanders' sashes can be seen in other countries as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
Lovely grey pearls and a beautiful brooch, but what an odd place to put it.

Pascua Militar 2020 will take place on January 6th this year,Feast of the Epiphany .

I wonder when/if Leonor and Sofia will attend the Pascua Militar with their parents?

I wonder when/if Leonor and Sofia will attend the Pascua Militar with their parents?

Probably after they have turned 18. But perhaps it will only be Leonor as the Heir. Don't remember if Elena and Cristina attended it before their marrriages but certainly not after the had married

Probably after they have turned 18. But perhaps it will only be Leonor as the Heir. Don't remember if Elena and Cristina attended it before their marrriages but certainly not after the had married

Thanks Stefan. I was interested so Googled Elena and Cristina's pre-marriage attendance at the Pascua Militar, and I found this old Hola article featuring the Infantas at the event in 2001:

https://translate.google.com/transl.../famosos/2001/01/08/infantaelena/&prev=search

PASCUA MILITAR 2021

January 6, 12:00

The Pascua Militar celebrations today, January 6:

Is the King wearing the sash of the Royal and Military Order of St Hermenegild?

Last edited by a moderator:
Oops seems that Letizia had dropped her pearl brooch.

Back
Top Bottom