News from the Spanish Nobility

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The Duke of Arjona was invited to the Spanish TV show "El show de Bertín" and talked about his twins Luis and Amina:

"I get along very well with my children. I have a lot of trust with them. I have given them the trust that I wasn't given. I have given them too much freedom, but that has made them more responsible", he said. Amina studies Language, Culture and Communication at Warwick University, Luis studies History and International Relations at the University of Exeter:

** hola article: Cayetano Martínez de Irujo, un padre satisfecho: 'A mis hijos les he dado la confianza que a mí no me dieron’ **

It is already official: Tamara Falcó will become Marquise of Griñón in 30 days.

The Official State Gazette published its application on Tuesday, almost seven months after the death of Carlos Falcó.

https://www.hola.com/actualidad/20201013177176/tamara-falco-solicita-titulo-marques-grinon/

As the article says, she will become the Marquise in 30 days if no one else files a competing claim to the title in this period. That is obviously not expected to happen, but it is not a done deal yet.

Spanish nobiliary law is oddly complicated.

Last edited:
Has Manuel Falcó's petition to succeed his late father as Marquis of Castel-Moncayo been filed with the Ministry of Justice yet?

The Directory of Titles at the site of Diputación de la Grandeza says that the title remains vacant.

That was very sudden the Marquis was only admitted to hospital last week.

Since September 4; BOE published on September 28 :flowers:

It would be interesting if they would issue titles in advance ?

Laws and decrees are not official until they are published in the Official State Gazette.

Laws and decrees are not official until they are published in the Official State Gazette.

Nonetheless, it certainly wasn't the 28 of november as your post indicated. That's still more than a month away.

Last edited:
Eugenia Martínez de Irujo presented her new art exhibition in Madrid yesterday, several family members the Duke and Duchess of Huescar and others attended:

** Vanitatis article with her paintings **

** hola: Los duques de Huéscar arropan a Eugenia Martínez de Irujo en su exposición de pintura **

** semana: Eugenia Martínez de Irujo explica cómo están ahora las cosas con su hermano, Cayetano **
Is it her personal preference to use her name without/instead of her title. As for example the article references her nephew by his title 'duque de Huéscar', so to be consistent, she should be referenced as 'duquesa de Montoro'.

Edit: I just noticed that she uses her name (and not her title) on her Instagram-page.

:previous:
Carlos Fitz-James Stuart, replied to Hola magazine that he still has no date for the wedding because of the Covid-19 pandemic.

The Palace gardens should be in full bloom in late for the Count and future Countess's wedding.

Spain seems to me to have a pragmatic and satisfactory system in allowing the distribution of subsidiary titles. When reading about the British nobility, which has similarities to the Spanish one, it seems wasteful for a British peer to hold a dozen titles when at most only three of them will be used (by the peer, his son, and his grandson).

Spain seems to me to have a pragmatic and satisfactory system in allowing the distribution of subsidiary titles. When reading about the British nobility, which has similarities to the Spanish one, it seems wasteful for a British peer to hold a dozen titles when at most only three of them will be used (by the peer, his son, and his grandson).

I think British peers normally don’t have that many titles as the Spanish ones. Probably because they can’t inherit titles in maternal titles also and British monarchs were also less generous in giving out multiple titles .

I'd be more impressed if the Brits followed the Spanish and ditched male only inheritance of their titles.

Their father inherited his title from his mother, the 18th Duchess.

The family is a perfect example of both: inheritable by women, and multiple titles divided out between children. Of the 20 holders of the title, three have been women.

Their father was the third of four children of the 18th duchess. Victoria had dozens of titles including 9 duchies and 18 marques titles. She passed titles to all of her children. Their Uncle Ignacio is the second husband of Maria da Gloria, daughter of Prince Pedro Gastão of Orléans-Braganza and ex wife of CP Alexander of Yugoslavia.

Together with King Felipe and Queen Letizia, the Duke of Alba attended meetings with the Boards of the Goya Foundation in Aragon and the Goya Fuendetodos Cultural Consortium, within the framework of the commemoration of the 275th anniversary of the birth of Francisco de Goya today, see here.

Do both Spain and Mexico allow unlimited travel for holidays?

Back
Top Bottom