The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 09-14-2020, 02:34 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Somebody View Post
I wondered the same thing but her father and uncle only received their titles a few years ago (after their grandmother passed away and their father had secured the dukedom of Alba and his mother's other remaining titles (that she didn't cede to one of her other children (especially her second son Alfonso got lots of titles: 8 in total)), so I guess she might have to wait for her father's title to become available (by him becoming the duke of Alba - so, he can cede his title to her as his heir) - at that point any siblings she might have will most likely also receive a (less prominent) title.

As far as i know the Titles now holed by the second son of the late Duke of Alba where inherited by her from her mther's Family who i believe was an only chil. Not sure but i think i had read somewhere thast this was an request from the late Duchess's maternal grandfather that there should be again an own House of Hijar.

Old 09-14-2020, 06:27 AM
Commoner

Little Rosario is such a sweet baby! I wonder what her other names are, if any.

Old 09-14-2020, 07:48 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
As far as i know the Titles now holed by the second son of the late Duke of Alba where inherited by her from her mther's Family who i believe was an only chil. Not sure but i think i had read somewhere thast this was an request from the late Duchess's maternal grandfather that there should be again an own House of Hijar.
Thanks, that makes sense. I looked up the various titles of the late duchess grandfather (the title 'duque de Lécera' was split of one generation earlier and is now carried by the descendants of his uncle).

Alfonso de Silva y Fernández de Córdoba (1877-1955):
xvi duque de Híjar,
xv duque de Aliaga,
x marqués de San Vicente del Barco,
xvii conde de Palma del Río,
xvi conde de Aranda,
xi conde de Salvatierra,
xvii marqués de Almenara,
xxii conde de Ribadeo

Alfonso Martínez de Irujo y Fitz-James Stuart (1950):
xviii duque de Híjar
xviii Duque de Aliaga (1954 - 2015; ceded to his eldest son)
xix Marqués de Almenara (2013 - 2015; ceded to his younger son)
Marqués de Orani
Conde de Aranda
Conde de Ribadeo
Conde de Guimerá
Conde de Palma del Río
Old 09-14-2020, 10:00 AM
Administrator

Alejandra Romero, Duchess of Suarez, has given birth to her first child, a daughter.

The girl was born in Madrid and was named Mariam, in honour of Alejandra's late mother:

** hola: Primicia: Alejandra Romero, duquesa de Suárez, da a luz a su primera hija **
Old 09-14-2020, 01:32 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Congratulations to the Duchess of Suárez another ducal baby in Spain

Tags
alba, nobility, spanish nobility