The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 09-14-2020, 02:34 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Somebody View Post
I wondered the same thing but her father and uncle only received their titles a few years ago (after their grandmother passed away and their father had secured the dukedom of Alba and his mother's other remaining titles (that she didn't cede to one of her other children (especially her second son Alfonso got lots of titles: 8 in total)), so I guess she might have to wait for her father's title to become available (by him becoming the duke of Alba - so, he can cede his title to her as his heir) - at that point any siblings she might have will most likely also receive a (less prominent) title.

As far as i know the Titles now holed by the second son of the late Duke of Alba where inherited by her from her mther's Family who i believe was an only chil. Not sure but i think i had read somewhere thast this was an request from the late Duchess's maternal grandfather that there should be again an own House of Hijar.

Old 09-14-2020, 06:27 AM
Commoner

Little Rosario is such a sweet baby! I wonder what her other names are, if any.

Old 09-14-2020, 07:48 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
As far as i know the Titles now holed by the second son of the late Duke of Alba where inherited by her from her mther's Family who i believe was an only chil. Not sure but i think i had read somewhere thast this was an request from the late Duchess's maternal grandfather that there should be again an own House of Hijar.
Thanks, that makes sense. I looked up the various titles of the late duchess grandfather (the title 'duque de Lécera' was split of one generation earlier and is now carried by the descendants of his uncle).

Alfonso de Silva y Fernández de Córdoba (1877-1955):
xvi duque de Híjar,
xv duque de Aliaga,
x marqués de San Vicente del Barco,
xvii conde de Palma del Río,
xvi conde de Aranda,
xi conde de Salvatierra,
xvii marqués de Almenara,
xxii conde de Ribadeo

Alfonso Martínez de Irujo y Fitz-James Stuart (1950):
xviii duque de Híjar
xviii Duque de Aliaga (1954 - 2015; ceded to his eldest son)
xix Marqués de Almenara (2013 - 2015; ceded to his younger son)
Marqués de Orani
Conde de Aranda
Conde de Ribadeo
Conde de Guimerá
Conde de Palma del Río
Old 09-14-2020, 10:00 AM
Administrator

Alejandra Romero, Duchess of Suarez, has given birth to her first child, a daughter.

The girl was born in Madrid and was named Mariam, in honour of Alejandra's late mother:

** hola: Primicia: Alejandra Romero, duquesa de Suárez, da a luz a su primera hija **
Old 09-14-2020, 01:32 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Congratulations to the Duchess of Suárez another ducal baby in Spain
Old 09-23-2020, 05:20 AM
Imperial Majesty

Duchess of Huescar back at the office two weeks after being a mother

https://www.hola.com/actualidad/2020...ro-companeros/
Old 09-25-2020, 06:03 AM
Administrator

Eugenia Martínez de Irujo attended the film festival in San Sebastian yesterday, September 24:

** Pic ** europapress article with gallery: Eugenia Martínez de Irujo, fiel a su look boho, llega a San Sebastián con Narcís Rebollo **

And so she did today, September 25:

** rex gallery 1 ** rex gallery 2 **
Old 09-28-2020, 03:44 AM
Imperial Majesty

Rosario, the first child of the Duke and Duchess of Huescar will be baptized on Sunday, 11 October, in the church of San Román, in Sevilla

https://www.hola.com/actualidad/2020...utizo-rosario/

The Dukes of Huéscar postpone the christening of their daughter
The sanitary restrictions in Madrid prevent them from continuing with their plans

https://www.hola.com/actualidad/2020...lazan-bautizo/
Old 10-04-2020, 07:36 AM
Administrator

The Duke of Arjona participated in the SN4* Ruta de Otono at Hipica de Pineda in Seville this weekend and talked with Spanish magazine Hola about his memoirs and his brothers:

** Pic ** hola article with video **
Old 10-05-2020, 06:33 AM
Administrator

The Duke of Alba turned 72 on October 2 and celebrated with family members at a restaurant in Madrid:

** europapress gallery **

** hola: La celebración íntima y familiar del cumpleaños del duque de Alba **
Old 10-07-2020, 06:02 AM
Heir Apparent

Tamara Falcó, this week on the cover of Hola magazine with an exclusive interview. In this interview she talks about her father's legacy and what it means to her to have the title marquesa de Griñón.

https://www.hola.com/actualidad/2020...-legado-padre/
Old 10-07-2020, 07:33 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blog Real View Post
Tamara Falcó, this week on the cover of Hola magazine with an exclusive interview. In this interview she talks about her father's legacy and what it means to her to have the title marquesa de Griñón.

https://www.hola.com/actualidad/2020...-legado-padre/

Technically she doesn't have the title yet.

https://www.diputaciondelagrandezayt...uiadetitulo/?b

"Titular actual: Vacante por fallecimiento del Marqués de Castel-Moncayo, G. de E."
Old 10-07-2020, 09:02 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbruno View Post
Technically she doesn't have the title yet.

https://www.diputaciondelagrandezayt...uiadetitulo/?b

"Titular actual: Vacante por fallecimiento del Marqués de Castel-Moncayo, G. de E."
In the United Kingdom it is customary for a new peer or baronet to begin using the title following his predecessor's funeral, even if his succession has not yet been legally recognized. Is there a similar custom in Spain?
Old 10-07-2020, 09:14 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tatiana Maria View Post
In the United Kingdom it is customary for a new peer or baronet to begin using the title following his predecessor's funeral, even if his succession has not yet been legally recognized. Is there a similar custom in Spain?

In Spain the scuession to a Title has to be confirmed by a Minister.

Old 10-07-2020, 01:54 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tatiana Maria View Post

I don't know, but my understanding is that, in the UK, succession to a peerage is in fact automatic, meaning that the title doesn't go vacant when the last holder is deceased and there is a living successor. Having the successor's name entered in the Roll of the Peerage is a condition not for succession properly, but rather to legally enjoy the rights, privileges and precedence of the peerage. A peer whose name is not entered in the roll is still a peer, but cannot, for example, use his title or be cited by his title in official documents.

In Spain, on the other hand, the title remains legally vacant (unlike in the UK) until a Real Carta de Sucesión is issued in the King's name by ministerial order published in the State Gazette. To have such letter issued, the person who believes to be the successor has to file a petition with the Ministry of Justice and pay the appropriate succession tax .

Usually, when a person is the immediate successor under the regular order (since 2006, according to equal primogeniture), that should be a straightforward process, but that is not the case of Tamara Falcó.

Since her father expressed a desire in his will to distribute his titles among his descendants, reserving the main title to the firstborn, it is unlikely that Tamara's siblings will contest her succession, but, if I understand it correct, Spanish nobiliary law allows for a period of time during which the siblings (or any person who believes him/herself to be of better right) could do so. Is that perhaps the reason why the process takes so long? Tamara's father passed away early this year and the title is still vacant today.
Old 10-07-2020, 02:40 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Her older brother should also be the next Marquess de Castel Moncayo.
Old 10-08-2020, 06:56 AM
Administrator

The Duke of Arjona was invited to the Spanish TV show "El show de Bertín" and talked about his twins Luis and Amina:

"I get along very well with my children. I have a lot of trust with them. I have given them the trust that I wasn't given. I have given them too much freedom, but that has made them more responsible", he said. Amina studies Language, Culture and Communication at Warwick University, Luis studies History and International Relations at the University of Exeter:

** hola article: Cayetano Martínez de Irujo, un padre satisfecho: 'A mis hijos les he dado la confianza que a mí no me dieron’ **
Old 10-14-2020, 11:11 AM
Heir Apparent

It is already official: Tamara Falcó will become Marquise of Griñón in 30 days.

The Official State Gazette published its application on Tuesday, almost seven months after the death of Carlos Falcó.

https://www.hola.com/actualidad/2020...arques-grinon/
Old 10-17-2020, 03:04 PM
Administrator

Eugenia Martínez de Irujo's daughter Cayetana Rivera y Martínez de Irujo has turned 21 yesterday, October 16. Mother and daughter were seen in Madrid and birthday message were shared on social media:

** diezminutos article: Tana Rivera se emociona con la sorpresa de su madre por su cumpleaños **

** hola article with video: '¡Mi madre!', la reacción de Cayetana Rivera ante la sorpresa de Eugenia Martínez de Irujo por su cumpleaños **
Old 10-17-2020, 03:37 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blog Real View Post
It is already official: Tamara Falcó will become Marquise of Griñón in 30 days.

The Official State Gazette published its application on Tuesday, almost seven months after the death of Carlos Falcó.

https://www.hola.com/actualidad/2020...arques-grinon/

As the article says, she will become the Marquise in 30 days if no one else files a competing claim to the title in this period. That is obviously not expected to happen, but it is not a done deal yet.

Spanish nobiliary law is oddly complicated.

Tags
alba, nobility, spanish nobility