News from the Spanish Nobility

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The Duchess of Montoro has a busy social calendar :previous:

Alejandra Romero, Duchess of Suarez, is expecting her second child, the baby will be a sister for little Mariam born in September 2020:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** hola article **

Cayetano Martínez de Irujo, the Duke of Arjona, attended the event "Quedada en el patio" in Seville today, March 21:

** gtresnews gallery **

Olivia de Borbon presented awards during the 25th edition of Malaga Film Festival in Malaga today, March 23:

** gtresnews gallery **

That's an impressive wedding tiara...

Isn't Isabel the daughter of Philippe Junot ? (1st husband of Caroline of Monaco)

:previous:
I had no idea that the bride is the daughter of Princess Caroline's first husband.

That's an impressive wedding tiara...

Does it belong to the groom's family or the bride's?

It is impressive indeed. Most royal brides don't get a tiara of that size and the stones seem to be of high grade although I am not an expert like many posters here.

Does it belong to the groom's family or the bride's?

It is impressive indeed. Most royal brides don't get a tiara of that size and the stones seem to be of high grade although I am not an expert like many posters here.
The tiara is an heirloom from the groom's family. Here is a portrait of his great-grandparents, the duke and duchess of Montellano, who wore the tiara in an even larger version with pearl-spikes on top.
Carlota Maximiliana de Escandón y Barrón, Duquesa de Montellano | Grand Ladies | gogm

What relationship connects the groom with Tamara Falco, Marquesa de Grinon?

Tamara is a cousine of Álvaro:

THE GROOM
Don Álvaro Falcó y Chávarri, Marqués de Cubas (2003)
|
FATHER of Álvaro
Don Fernando Falcó y Fernández de Córdova, Marqués de Cubas (1920-2020)
x Doña Marta de Chávarri y Figueroa (1960)
|
GRANDPARENTS of Álvaro
Don Manuel Falcó y Escandón, Duque de Montellano, Grande de España, Gentilhombre del Rey Alfonso XIII (1892-1975)
x Doña Hilda Fernández de Córdova y Mariátegui, Marquesa de Mirabel, Dama de S.M. la Reina Doña Victoria Eugenia (1908-1998)
|
UNCLE of Álvaro (eldest brother of father)
Don Carlos Falcó y Fernández de Córdova, V Marqués de Griñon, XII Marques de Castel Moncayo (1955-2020)
x Sra Isabel Preysler y Arrastia (1951)
|
COUSINE of Álvaro
Doña Tamara Falcó y Preysler, VI Marqués de Griñon (1981)

Last edited:
And the duchess was a Lady-in-Waiting to Queen Victoria Eugenie!

It is sad that, following the restoration of the monarchy, the Royal Household (Casa de S.M. El Rey) was slimmed down and given a structure similar to the civilian and military staff of the president of a republic. The Queen consort doesn't even have "Ladies in Waiting" anymore, just a Private Secretary (not unlike the First Lady of the United States for example).

I miss the pomp and ceremony of the old Alphonsine court, but I understand it would be out of place in modern Spain, especially after the long interregnum between Alphonse XIII and Juan Carlos I and the strong republican sentiment in the country.

Last edited:
I think they are first cousins. If my information is correct, the groom's father Fernando Falcó y Fernandez de Córdova, Marques de Cubas, was the younger brother of Tamara's father Carlos Falcó y Fernandez de Cordova, marques de Griñón.

There are errors in this genealogical tree:flowers:

Tamara is a cousine of Álvaro:
THE GROOM
Don Álvaro Falcó y Chávarri, Marqués de Cubas (1983)
|
FATHER of Álvaro
Don Fernando Falcó y Fernández de Córdova, Marqués de Cubas (1939-2020)
x Doña Marta de Chávarri y Figueroa (1960)
|
GRANDPARENTS of Álvaro
Don Manuel Falcó y Escandón, Duque de Montellano, Grande de España, Gentilhombre del Rey Alfonso XIII (1892-1975)
x Doña Hilda Fernández de Córdova y Mariátegui, Marquesa de Mirabel, Dama de S.M. la Reina Doña Victoria Eugenia (1908-1998)
|
UNCLE of Álvaro (eldest brother of father)
Don Carlos Falcó y Fernández de Córdova, V Marqués de Griñon, XII Marques de Castel Moncayo (1937-2020)
x Sra Isabel Preysler y Arrastia (1951)
|
COUSINE of Álvaro
Doña Tamara Falcó y Preysler, VI Marqués de Griñon (1981)

https://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marquesado_de_Cubas
https://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carlos_Falcó

Last edited:

That's a really exceptional tiara, in terms of both design and size! I had the impression that most of the Spanish nobility has some impressive, historical heirloom, always find something new and exciting from the noble brides. I still don't find a photo of her full gown but it seems that it's a stunning one judging from the top part.

Last edited:
Tamara Falcó, Marquise of Griñón, presented her TFP collection as Creative Director and Brand Ambassador of Pedro Del Hierro in Madrid yesterday, April 5:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **

The Duke and Duchess of Huescar and the Count and Countess of Osorno attended the La Madrugá event of the Holy Week in Seville.

** hola article: Fernando y Carlos Fitz-James Stuart viven 'La Madrugá' junto a sus mujeres, Sofía Palazuelo y Belén Corsini **

Eugenia Martínez de Irujo and husband Narcis Rebollo, as well as her daughter Cayetana Rivera y Martínez de Irujo attended the Holy Week in Seville as well:

** hola article: Un Jueves Santo de reencuentros entre la familia Rivera y los Martínez de Irujo en Sevilla **

Cayetano Martínez de Irujo, the Duke of Arjona, attended the Easter Sunday Bullfight at the Maestranza Bullring in Seville yesterday, April 17:

** Pic **

Back
Top Bottom