News from the Spanish Nobility

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yes I hope so too,I think the remains of his wife and children were also found,hopefully they will all be reburied after the forensic scientists are finished.

Last edited:
Some info, originally posted on the FIRMB by manuel. The house of Medinaceli seems to be fighting about titles. Marco de Hohenlohe is the new duke and etitioned to get the other titles too. This is disputed by his uncle the duke of Segorbe (maried to Pss Gloria of Orleans Braganca, ex-wife of the CP Alexander of Yugoslavia). He petitioned to get 32 titles and claims to have a letter of his mother that shows that this was her wish. Among them is the title Count of San Martin de Hoyos. However, that title was supposed to go to Luis de Medina, his nephew. Don Luis claims that his grandmother told him that that was her wish, something that is confirmed by the duke of Segorbe.

Luis Medina abre una guerra familiar por los títulos de Mimi Medinaceli. Noticias de Noticias

Los Medinaceli: se abre la lucha por los t?tulos nobiliarios | loc | EL MUNDO

===
In the mean time the duke of Huescar, eldest son of the late Duchess of Alba, petitioned to succeed 9 titles of his mother, among them the title Duke of Alba. The other titles are still unclaimed.

Carlos Fitz-James Stuart solicita el título de duque de Alba. Noticias de Noticias

Last edited:
Her husband was related to the Duke of Alba's ex-wife, right? The Solís-Beaumont family.

Well spotted! I didn't make the link, but after some digging in geneall.net it seems they both descend from Pedro Solís y Lasso de Vega and Matilde Desmassières y Farina, 12th marquesa de Valencina.

The ex-wife of the duke of Alba descends from the couples 1st son Manuel, 13th marquess de Valencina while the late husband of Duchess Angela of Osuna is the son of the couples second son Pedro.

Matilde Desmassières y Farina, 12. marquesa de Valencina | Geneall.net

Last edited:
Well spotted! I didn't make the link, but after some digging in geneall.net it seems they both descend from Pedro Solís y Lasso de Vega and Matilde Desmassières y Farina, 12th marquesa de Valencina.

The ex-wife of the duke of Alba descends from the couples 1st son Manuel, 13th marquess de Valencina while the late husband of Duchess Angela of Osuna is the son of the couples second son Pedro.

Matilde Desmassières y Farina, 12. marquesa de Valencina | Geneall.net

I figured as much, the Andalusian nobility is very very endogamic and you see certain surnames appear over and over again: Álvarez de Toledo, Fernández de Córdoba, Méndez de Haro, Solís-Beaumont, Falcó...

What about the Duchess of Alba's last husband ? Where is he living ??

The Duchess of Montoro, the daughter of the late Duchess of Alba attended the Starlite Charity Gala in Marbella:

http://www.noblesseetroyautes.com/w...08/Starlite-Gala-in-Marbella-wSrAMf6QDgcl.jpg

Source: La duchesse de Montoro à une soirée de charité à Marbella - Noblesse & Royautés

That's interesting, the Duchess is attending a charity gala while her ex-husband and father of her only daughter Cayetana Rivera, is fighting for his life after a bull almost killed him on Monday in Huesca. (El Diestro Francisco Rivera Ordonez is married and expecting a baby daughter in a few days).

Top Spanish matador gored by bull | World news | The Guardian

Last edited:
:previous:
I guess that Ms.Isabel Preysler's has not been retouched.

And his younger brother Carlos has received the titel of Count of Osorno.

In Spain the system of titles works differently from the system in GB. Afaik, there is no such thing as a courtesy title (where the eldest son is automatically allowed to 'use' the minor title). I think that in Spain the title holder can officially distribute minor titles to all of his/her children while still alive. I'm not completely sure, but think that this only works for minor titles, while titles of the grandeza always must pass to the eldest child after the death of the title holder. Can someone here explain the details better?

I don't know all the details, but I'm pretty sure that even the titles with Grandeza de España can be distributed by the holder; most of the titles that the late Duchess of Alba ceded to her children were titles allociated with the Grandeza de España (i.e. the Dukedoms of Aliaga, Arjona, Híjar and Montoro).

Back
Top Bottom