News from the Spanish Nobility

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

The Duchess of Alba and her husband attended the presentation of her book 'What life has taught me' at the Palacio de Cibeles in Madrid on April 11, 2013.
She also gave an interview at the Palacio de Dueñas in Sevilla earlier that day.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** ppe gallery ** belga gallery **

** hola: La Duquesa de Alba presenta su libro rodeada de familia y amigos ** translation **

** pp gallery: Doña Cayetana : Entourée d'Alfonso et Eugenia, elle conte ses hauts et ses bas **

Last edited:
:sad: Ireally hope she recovers soon.
I really like her, she´s genuine :D

Here's a new gallery of pics taken at the Duenas Palace in Seville on June 25. The Duchess of Alba gave an interview and stated that she had fully recovered from her fall.

** lehtikuva.fi gallery **

The Duchess of Alba and her husband have spent some holidays in Saint Jean de Luz, France - here are some pics from July 19:

** Pic ** gettyimages gallery **

Helping hands must be well paid and the lady and specially the lady on the right , I forgot her name but she was at the wedding.
Knowing that the press is always there they should avoid showing the Duchess dressed like that ! Not very decent for such an old lady!

Woah, this is the end of an era, Mimi lived for what it seemed forever. RIP.
Now, with the new regulations on absolute primogeniture to inherit titles, who will be the next titular of the Medinacelli duchy? 'cuz 3 of her children are dead, so the next Duke should be Marco von Hohenlohe-Langerburg? he's the eldest son of her eldest child (Ana) or should it be her remaining son Ignacio (who's been managing the finances of the house and the foundation for a while now)? I don't remember if her eldest son Luis left sons behind or not.

No, Luis didn't have any sons, just two daughters.

No, Luis didn't have any sons, just two daughters.

so will the title go to his eldest daughter? or to Marco? or to Ignacio? I'm quite confused about this one, it's not as straight-forward as the Alba house.

I don't know, you have to ask some Spaniard.

I don't know, you have to ask some Spaniard.

Will do :flowers:
I will also keep an eye on the BOE (Boletin Oficial del Estado) where titles are given by inheritance or royal decree.

(for the record, I'm Spanish :lol: but I don't live in Spain)

She was the last "old school" aristocrat in Spain after the deaths of the Marchioness of Santa Cruz and the Duquesa of Montellano.

Cayetana doesn't count in that regard :lol:

So what happens to the title now? Will Don Rafael Medina become the next Duke of Medinaceli?

Back
Top Bottom