Looking Back: Spanish Royal Family at the Olympic Games

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Anna_R

Heir Apparent
City
Rio de Janeiro
Country
Brazil
I know that most of these pictures are well-known to our members, but there are some here that I haven't seen before so, not to break the sequence, I've decided to post them all

From ABACA

Spanish Crown Prince Felipe and his wife Letizia Ortiz and Queen Sofia of Spain attend the duet free synchronized swimming at the Athens 2004 Olympic Games in Athens, Greece, 25 August 2004. PhotoS by Hahn/Nebinger/Zabulon/ABACA.

Three more

Last edited:
Athens Olympic Games 2004

The famous 'romantic' picture series of Felipe and Letizia. Some well-known, some that I'd never seen before.

From ABACA

Some more, still from ABACA

And even more, still from ABACA

Last edited:
Guess what, there's more

And the last two of the batch

More from cover

IÑAKI & CRISTINA SIDNEY 2000 - 19/09/00

QUEEN SOFIA, PRINCE FELIPE & INFANTA CRISTINA VISITING THE OLYMPIC VILLAGE - SIDNEY 2000 - 22/09/00

IÑAKI URDANGARIN PLAYING. IN THE BACKGROUND YOU CAN SEE CRISTINA AND ANNE-MARIE & CONSTANTINE OF GREECE - SIDNEY 2000 - 18/09/00

IÑAKI URDANGARIN AT THE OPENING CEREMONY OF SIDNEY 2000 - 17/09/00

http://img135.imagevenue.com/img.php?loc=loc228&image=eb44e_036.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Infanta Cristina during Atlanta 1996 (when she met Iñaki for the first time). From Corbis:

Hi, I want to start a thread for the pictures of the most Olympic Royal Family of all and their relations to the games.

I think it would be nice to start in 1960...

Have fun posting and remember to use image hosting services like Imageshack or Supload

Heads up:

The thread started by crisiñaki was merged with some photos already posted by Anna_R at the Spanish Royal Family picture threads.

For pictures of the Spanish Royal Family in Sidney 2000, see the thread:
Sydney 2000 Olympics

Don’t forget also to take a look at our monthly newsletter, to read more about the participation of the Spanish royals throughout the history of the Olympics:
February 2006 Newsletter - Royals & The Olympics

Last edited:
crisiñaki said:
Hi, I want to start a thread for the pictures of the most Olympic Royal Family of all and their relations to the games.

I think it would be nice to start in 1960...

Have fun posting and remember to use image hosting services like Imageshack or Supload

Hey, with al respect, but the most Olympic royal family is the one whose king was an Olympic meddalist.
King Constantine ex of Greece had won the gold medal in sailing in the Olympics of 1960.
But if you consider him as a member of the spanish family with the broader meaning, that is ok;)

iannis said:
Hey, with al respect, but the most Olympic royal family is the one whose king was an Olympic meddalist.
King Constantine ex of Greece had won the gold medal in sailing in the Olympics of 1960.
But if you consider him as a member of the spanish family with the broader meaning, that is ok;)
I say that the SRF is the most olympic family because 5 of its members have been part of their olympic teams and 3 of them have been flag-bearers so that's what I'm talking about: Royal Families as a whole;)

...sOfIa.... said:
I'm not sure if you mean pictures only from the Olympics that family members have competed in:rolleyes: , but if you didn't...

Here are just some from Athens 2004 (Cover and Polfoto)
All Olympic Games are welcome as long as they have pictures of the SRF;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Many, many thanks, Ana_R for the stupendous " romantic series ". I had some but I didn't see all.

I hope some other so tender pics l

Iñaki was the flag bearer at the closing ceremony in Sydney 2000, anyone has pics of that?

Thanks in advance;)

Elena in Barcelona games

Hello

Can somebody post the pics of the Barcelona games, opening ceremony, when Felipe was flag bearer and Elena cried cried:rolleyes: '
I remeber this on the TV, but I've never seen any pic of her crying.

Thks

F&L are always very appacionate towards each other while watching sport (OG in Athenas, tennis), so let's hope we will get another "romantic session" from Torino:D I wouldn't mind if they took Leonor:D

Barcelona 1992 - Corbis

Barcelona 1992 - Corbis

Barcelona 1992 - Corbis

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom