The Royal Forums Coat of Arms


Join The Royal Forums Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #101  
Old 09-04-2017, 02:25 PM
An Ard Ri's Avatar
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: An Iarmhí, Ireland
Posts: 29,771
Mercedes-Benz 450 SEL used by King Juan Carlos is up for sale!

Sale a subasta un Mercedes-Benz utilizado por el rey Juan Carlos

Translation
https://translate.google.com/transla...-text=&act=url
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #102  
Old 10-01-2017, 11:24 AM
An Ard Ri's Avatar
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: An Iarmhí, Ireland
Posts: 29,771
Posts regarding the Catalan Independence vote and the Royal Family have been moved to this thread.


http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...rchy-1779.html
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #103  
Old 02-26-2021, 08:23 PM
Blog Real's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Lisboa, Portugal
Posts: 5,564
Book of Civil Register of the Spanish Royal Family
Royal Decree 2917/1981 (November 27) establishes the Civil Registry of the Royal Family where births, marriages and deaths will be registered, as well as any other fact or act that can be registered in accordance with the legislation on Civil Registry that affects the king. from Spain, his consort, his ascendants of the first degree, his descendants and the crown princess. This registry is in charge of the Minister of Justice exclusively.

https://www.boe.es/buscar/act.php?id=BOE-A-1981-28756

https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-Ag2rl7o6q...ain-P5X91D.jpg
__________________
My blogs about monarchies
Reply With Quote
  #104  
Old 03-03-2021, 09:00 AM
Blog Real's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Lisboa, Portugal
Posts: 5,564
Infantas Elena and Cristina were vaccinated in the Emirates, taking advantage of a visit to Juan Carlos I.
https://www.elconfidencial.com/espan...los-i_2974843/

Through a jointly signed statement and reaching EL MUNDO, Infanta Elena and Infanta Cristina explain why they received coronavirus immunization during a visit trip to their father, Juan Carlos I, in Abu Dhabi and after skipping all the Spanish vaccination queues.

Quote:
"Given the information published in the press on the vaccination that I have been subjected to, I would like to make the following clarification. Both my sister and I have come to visit our father and, in order to have a health passport that would allow us to do so regularly, we were offered the possibility of getting vaccinated, which we agreed to. If it were not for this reason we would have agreed to the vaccination shift in Spain, when it would have been up to us."
Apart from the statement, after leaving her job at the Mapfre Foundation, Infanta Elena has come to the Palacio de la Zarzuela this Wednesday, without the reasons having been disclosed so far.

https://www.elmundo.es/espana/2021/0...R3lZaXJsTTBUeg..
__________________
My blogs about monarchies
Reply With Quote
  #105  
Old 03-03-2021, 12:12 PM
tihkon2's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Stafford, United States
Posts: 428
God, I feel sorry for Felipe. His family are a bunch of liabilities. They obviously do not care if the monarchy survives now that their beloved father is off the throne.
Reply With Quote
  #106  
Old 03-03-2021, 12:42 PM
Duke of Marmalade's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Frankfurt am Main, Germany
Posts: 13,859
https://english.elpais.com/spanish_n...abu-dhabi.html


Of course it looks bad and will be used against Felipe by various parties.
Having said that, Cristina lives in Switzerland therefore the Spanish regulation of vaccination do not apply to her. No idea what process is in place in Switzerland. Elena should have known better.

Many people wish to jump the queue, especially those with family members who are at risk, but this is anti-social behavior in my book. Not everyone is rich enough to fly out to the UAE to have a vaccination during holiday.
Reply With Quote
  #107  
Old 03-03-2021, 12:44 PM
Blog Real's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Lisboa, Portugal
Posts: 5,564
Quote:
Originally Posted by tihkon2 View Post
God, I feel sorry for Felipe. His family are a bunch of liabilities. They obviously do not care if the monarchy survives now that their beloved father is off the throne.
Actually, this isn't even a controversy. Infanta Elena and Infanta Cristina had to be vaccinated in their way to visit King Juan Carlos. It was nothing serious. Sometimes the press and people exaggerate about matters that do not harm anyone and that are easy to explain.
I don't think they want to hurt their brother or not worry about him. They probably never thought it would be made public that they had been vaccinated in Abu Dhabi.
__________________
My blogs about monarchies
Reply With Quote
  #108  
Old 03-03-2021, 12:48 PM
tihkon2's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Stafford, United States
Posts: 428
Just replied virtually the same thing about this in another thread. Yes, it is understandable that they want to visit with their father. However, as I said in that other thread, it seems as if now that Juan Carlos is off the the throne, no one except Felipe, his wife, mother, and children seem to care if the monarchy falls.
Reply With Quote
  #109  
Old 03-03-2021, 01:50 PM
carlota's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: , United States
Posts: 8,290
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blog Real View Post
Actually, this isn't even a controversy. Infanta Elena and Infanta Cristina had to be vaccinated in their way to visit King Juan Carlos. It was nothing serious. Sometimes the press and people exaggerate about matters that do not harm anyone and that are easy to explain.
it isn't that 'clean' and it is somewhat embarrasing as it looks like they're skipping the queue. they aren't UAE citizens so there's no reason why the UAE would be under an obligation to vaccinate them. if they had been joe bloggs would a vaccine have been made available to them? there's many people in spain still awaiting for their jab, who are vulnerable or are front line workers. skipping the queue by travelling elsewhere because of who you're the daughter of doesn't bode well.
__________________
The Humane Society of the United States is the nation’s largest and most effective animal protection organization.
https://www.humanesociety.org
Reply With Quote
  #110  
Old 03-03-2021, 02:41 PM
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 1,724
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
https://english.elpais.com/spanish_n...abu-dhabi.html


Of course it looks bad and will be used against Felipe by various parties.
Having said that, Cristina lives in Switzerland therefore the Spanish regulation of vaccination do not apply to her. No idea what process is in place in Switzerland. Elena should have known better.

Many people wish to jump the queue, especially those with family members who are at risk, but this is anti-social behavior in my book. Not everyone is rich enough to fly out to the UAE to have a vaccination during holiday.

Except they didn't skip any lines. As Elena said in her statement, they were in Abu Dhabi to see their father and plan to visit him regularly. They took the vaccine they were offered while there in order to facilitate subsequent visits, which I assume means Abu Dhabi will at some point relax quarantine requirements for vaccinated foreigners. (I also take it to mean there's no plan for JC to return to live in Spain anytime soon). Their decision to get the vaccine abroad has no impact on anyone in Spain, unless you'd like to count the fact that Spain will now have four extra doses of vaccine available.

Elena and Cristina have not been members of The Royal Family for years now and, as you say, Cristina is based in Switzerland. They don't represent TRF on engagements and don't receive funds from the Royal Household. The Infantas and their children have gotten caught in the past couple of years between the republican press on one hand who drum up false drama to come at the monarchy, (since Felipe and Letizia have too many layers of official protection around them to come at directly, at least for now), and elements of the "respectable" press that have become a propaganda department for the monarchy and never miss a chance to exaggerate The Royal Family's virtues while emphasizing the slightest bit of controversy that arises with Felipe's sisters. Therefore, Elena and Cristina go to see their elderly father and accept the offer of being vaccinated so they can see him more and it's a national controversy. Felipe and Letizia accept half a million dollars of JC's money to go on a tacky honeymoon and it's barely covered. Felipe was set to inherit a hundred million dollars from his father and his statement that he had no clue about the inheritance or about his father's financial irregularities is accepted as gospel based on - well, just the fact that Felipe says he's telling the truth. Cristina's statement that she didn't deal with the finances for the NOOS foundation, OTOH, must obviously have been a lie, despite the fact that the media, the Treasury, a team of well paid lawyers and a judge who was, let's say, somewhat activist in his decisions, could find no evidence to disprove it.
And so on and so forth.

The women are under no obligation to hold themselves to the artificial standards/optics set by an institution that put them and their children aside a long time ago. They're private citizens and they made the same decision that the majority of private citizens would have made in the same situation.
Reply With Quote
  #111  
Old 03-03-2021, 02:59 PM
Somebody's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Somewhere, Suriname
Posts: 5,881
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blog Real View Post
Actually, this isn't even a controversy. Infanta Elena and Infanta Cristina had to be vaccinated in their way to visit King Juan Carlos. It was nothing serious. Sometimes the press and people exaggerate about matters that do not harm anyone and that are easy to explain.
I don't think they want to hurt their brother or brother or not worry about him. They probably never thought it would be made public that they had been vaccinated in Abu Dhabi.
Do they HAVE TO regularly visit their father who himself chose to move to Abu Dhabi during a pandemic and not for example to Geneva where his daughter could easily visit him on an almost daily basis?! And wouldn't quarantining for a sufficient period of time be a possibility?

I'd love to be vaccinated if that would mean I would be able to travel (if there are flights) and visit my family for the first time in 2 years; but that isn't a good enough reason to be vaccinated here... (and rightly so)
Reply With Quote
  #112  
Old 03-03-2021, 03:08 PM
Alisa's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: , United States
Posts: 2,796
What were they thinking?!?

I suppose Elena's visit to Zarzuela is for her to get " a proper dressing down" from the King.

The sisters have life experiences as royals to know that it is not only that it is right or wrong that must be considered but the optics- how things look.

True, because they are the daughters of the former King and sisters of the current King of Spain someone may have offered them to get the vaccine. However, they should have thought about how this would look to the people of Spain.
__________________
Those who plot the destruction of others often perish in the attempt. ---Phaedrus
Reply With Quote
  #113  
Old 03-03-2021, 03:25 PM
Stefan's Avatar
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Esslingen, Germany
Posts: 5,186
But have they really got the vaccine? So far it is niot clear if i understand the article correct.
__________________
Stefan



Reply With Quote
  #114  
Old 03-03-2021, 03:26 PM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Vancouver, Canada
Posts: 165
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alisa View Post
What were they thinking?!?

However, they should have thought about how this would look to the people of Spain.

Not only how it would look to the people of Spain...but how it would affect their own brother, the King of Spain. And the monarchy. It is as if they don't care anymore. Is it possible that they are deliberately hurting their brother because of how he has marginalized their role in the royal family? Or that they just don't know any better??
Reply With Quote
  #115  
Old 03-03-2021, 03:28 PM
Somebody's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Somewhere, Suriname
Posts: 5,881
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
But have they really got the vaccine? So far it is niot clear if i understand the article correct.
Yes, they did as the signed statement by the infantas in this post by Blog Real confirms (published in El Mundo).
Reply With Quote
  #116  
Old 03-03-2021, 03:47 PM
Majesty
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Pittsburgh, United States
Posts: 6,877
Quote:
Originally Posted by Somebody View Post
Do they HAVE TO regularly visit their father who himself chose to move to Abu Dhabi during a pandemic and not for example to Geneva where his daughter could easily visit him on an almost daily basis?! And wouldn't quarantining for a sufficient period of time be a possibility?

I'd love to be vaccinated if that would mean I would be able to travel (if there are flights) and visit my family for the first time in 2 years; but that isn't a good enough reason to be vaccinated here... (and rightly so)

I think it would have been more serious if Elena and Cristina had jumped the line and been vaccinated in Spain to make it possible for them to visit their father regularly in the UAE.



However, since they were vaccinated in Abu Dhabi and the jabs were actually offered by the UAE health authorities, it is not such a big deal as there is no evidence of influence peddling within Spain itself. In the worst case scenario, it is a minor embarassment for the Royal House.


Quite frankly, it is not that different from Canadians who are going to Florida to get vaccine shots.
Reply With Quote
  #117  
Old 03-03-2021, 03:57 PM
Blog Real's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Lisboa, Portugal
Posts: 5,564
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbruno View Post
I think it would have been more serious if Elena and Cristina had jumped the line and been vaccinated in Spain to make it possible for them to visit their father regularly in the UAE.



However, since they were vaccinated in Abu Dhabi and the jabs were actually offered by the UAE health authorities, it is not such a big deal as there is no evidence of influence peddling within Spain itself. In the worst case scenario, it is a minor embarassment for the Royal House.


Quite frankly, it is not that different from Canadians who are going to Florida to get vaccine shots.
Honestly, I think it would have been worse. This is a controversy that will last for 3 days, and will be quickly forgotten.
Spaniards who are against the monarchy, take anything to attack the royal family and the monarchy.
I don't think Infanta Cristina and Infanta Elena made a very big mistake. I think they didn't think about the consequences, they just wanted to be with their father and took advantage of the opportunity they were given to be vaccinated. It's more of a storm in a glass of water.
__________________
My blogs about monarchies
Reply With Quote
  #118  
Old 03-03-2021, 04:15 PM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Manchester, United Kingdom
Posts: 1,089
I don't think it looks very good: most royals have been very careful to be seen to be waiting their turn. I don't know what the situation in Switzerland is, but only quite a small proportion of the population's been vaccinated, so I doubt that a healthy person of Cristina's age would have been called yet.

Is this standard, that you can be vaccinated if you go to the UAE? I'm just having visions of hordes of wealthy people rushing off there so that they can beat the vaccination queues in their own countries!
Reply With Quote
  #119  
Old 03-04-2021, 01:03 AM
Countessmeout's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: alberta, Canada
Posts: 12,817
Since only about 25% population of UAE have been immunized, no. Though they are one of the leading countries in numbers vaccinated.

There have been many suggestions UAE has been offering 'vaccine tourism' especially Dubai. That people with enough money could pay to go there and get their vaccine ahead of others.

It definitely isn't a good image for the infantas to get a vaccine there.


They may not be working royals, but they are royals. And they know full well what kind of image this would give to the media. And shadow on their brother.
Reply With Quote
  #120  
Old 03-04-2021, 01:54 AM
Duke of Marmalade's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Frankfurt am Main, Germany
Posts: 13,859
TVE even had to apologize since the used a picture of Leonor and Sofia when they illustrated the vaccination of Elena and Cristina
talk about exploiting this even for political purposes.

https://www.explica.co/tve-apologize...incess-leonor/


Re vaccination tourism, there is a lot going on, a two class society, the ones who have to wait and the others who, for example, fly out to an organized two week trip to Dubai for a luxury holiday, vaccination included.
__________________

Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
calendar, constitutional change, cristina, elena, faq, felipe, form of address, id cards, infanta cristina, infanta elena, letizia, prince of asturias, smoking, spain, spanish royal family, united nations, wedding rings


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Questions & Information About The Imperial Family of Japan sky Imperial Family of Japan 139 04-06-2021 01:03 PM
General Information and Questions about the Luxembourg Grand Ducal Family Athena Grand Ducal Family of Luxembourg 279 04-04-2021 08:02 AM
General Questions and Information about the Danish Royal Family paulette Royal House of Denmark 221 03-28-2021 05:31 PM
General information and questions about Monaco and the Princely Family leyla Princely Family of Monaco 591 03-26-2021 04:17 PM




Popular Tags
#royalrelatives #royalgenes american anastasia 2020 baby names biography bridal gown britain britannia british royal family buckingham palace canada china chinese ming dynasty asia asian emperor royalty qing cpr dna duchess of sussex duke of cambridge duke of sussex earl of snowdon edward vii elizabeth ii emperor family life fantasy movie fashion and style george vi gradenigo hereditary grand duchess stéphanie hereditary grand duke guillaume history hochberg hypothetical monarchs interesting introduction jewellery jewelry king willem-alexander list of rulers mary: crown princess of denmark mountbatten names nepal nepalese royal family plantinum jubilee pless prince charles of luxembourg prince harry princess ariane princess chulabhorn princess dita princess eugenie princess laurentien princess of orange queen louise resusci anne royal balls royal court royal events royal family royal jewels royal spouse royalty royalty of taiwan royal wedding russian court dress stuart thailand thai royal family united states united states of america wales


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:51 PM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2021
Jelsoft Enterprises
×